This Is, After All, A Theology Forum!

God's Truth

I agree that most people take this place place too seriously.

Some folks need to lighten up.

People should lighten up? People come here speaking about their soul beliefs, and get slandered and banned, all on this site, and they should lighten up?

Quetzal

Is lighten up an option?
If I had to place a guess, he was referring to a few of us who frequent different political topics. It is easy to get sucked in and things have the potential to get ugly. In that case, lightening up is a viable option.

God's Truth

If I had to place a guess, he was referring to a few of us who frequent different political topics. It is easy to get sucked in and things have the potential to get ugly. In that case, lightening up is a viable option.

Is it from a lightened up spirit when one slanders another and bans them?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is easy to get sucked in and things have the potential to get ugly. In that case, lightening up is a viable option.

Certain topics are just too heavy to debate casually or lightly. I would include abortion, child physical/sexual abuse, murder, domestic abuse ... and of course, rape.

The one thing these threads indicate clearly is that rape victims have justification to stay silent rather than testify against their rapist.

Quetzal

Certain topics are just too heavy to debate casually or lightly. I would include abortion, child physical/sexual abuse, murder, domestic abuse ... and of course, rape.

The one thing these threads indicate clearly is that rape victims have justification to stay silent rather than testify against their rapist.
Fair enough.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fair enough.

Not really ... because the motivation should be to prosecute and keep these predators from raping their next victim. It's hard enough for victims to relive the details of their attack. Add to that the legitimate fear that some members of society prefer to lay blame on the victim.

Quetzal

Who should lighten up, the one writing from their heart, or the one slandering and banning?
Both. Look, and take this for what it's worth since it is my opinion, if you base your self-worth on what some of the members here think of you, you are doomed from the beginning.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why don't you do what Knight said and lighten up?
I do.
TOL is just an internet site where personalities and opinions conflict.
No one is required to have a high opinion of you, nor you them.

If someone thinks you are a retard, it's not the end of the world for you.
It's just their opinion.

Heck, if you were to tell a professional counselor that someone on an internet site slandered you; they would probably laugh you out of their office.

God's Truth

I do.
TOL is just an internet site where personalities and opinions conflict.
No one is required to have a high opinion of you, nor you them.

If someone thinks you are a retard, it's not the end of the world for you.
It's just their opinion.

Heck, if you were to tell a professional counselor that someone on an internet site slandered you; they would probably laugh you out of their office.

That makes no sense.

God's Truth

Both. Look, and take this for what it's worth since it is my opinion, if you base your self-worth on what some of the members here think of you, you are doomed from the beginning.

Why don't you lighten up? Tell me, who is speaking about self worth?

Now answer the question.

Who should lighten up, the person bearing their soul, or the one slandering and banning?