ECT "Things that are different" included Gentiles

Danoh

I believe salvation is by grace, through faith in Christ Jesus. (however, they will argue whether it's the faith of Christ Jesus, or faith in Christ Jesus)

I'm OSAS (once saved always saved).

I do not believe that anything is required after salvation. However, the Apostle Paul makes it clear what believers should and shouldn't do, and how they should conduct themselves. The things Paul says to do and not to do have nothing to do with salvation. Paul tells us these things because they are good for the church, good for being an ambassador of Christ, good for being a witness to Christ, etc. Not to mention the fact that if you do and don't do the things Paul tells us to, you'll have a happier, healthier, better life.

Amen!

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

God's Truth

I believe salvation is by grace, through faith in Christ Jesus. (however, they will argue whether it's the faith of Christ Jesus, or faith in Christ Jesus)

I'm OSAS (once saved always saved).

I do not believe that anything is required after salvation. However, the Apostle Paul makes it clear what believers should and shouldn't do, and how they should conduct themselves. The things Paul says to do and not to do have nothing to do with salvation. Paul tells us these things because they are good for the church, good for being an ambassador of Christ, good for being a witness to Christ, etc. Not to mention the fact that if you do and don't do the things Paul tells us to, you'll have a happier, healthier, better life.

How can you get it so wrong?

Paul is speaking to those who are standing before him, in case they who claim to have faith and who have not also REPENTED of their sins:

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

Saying you believe and have faith will do NOTHING FOR YOU if you did not repent.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Did you read that? Paul says work for the Lord and you will receive AN INHERITANCE as a REWARD. The REWARD is eternal life. Then Paul says ANYONE who does WRONG will be REPAID there is NO FAVORITISM.

Romans 2:9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Danoh

How can you get it so wrong?

Paul is speaking to those who are standing before him, in case they who claim to have faith and who have not also REPENTED of their sins:

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

Saying you believe and have faith will do NOTHING FOR YOU if you did not repent.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Did you read that? Paul says work for the Lord and you will receive AN INHERITANCE as a REWARD. The REWARD is eternal life. Then Paul says ANYONE who does WRONG will be REPAID there is NO FAVORITISM.

Romans 2:9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

No, nope, and nah regarding your supposed Romans 2 based "evidence" - not misunderstood by you and many others, but misread by you, and others, INTO other passages; due to your false; endless works treadmill based perspective.

Romans 1:18 thru 3:20 is a history of various past requirements throughout the course of God's dealings with man, that God has expected from man; each meant to prove; and ending in proving - man's total, complete, utter hopelessness and well-deserved wrath: which Paul then contrasts against the glory of Christ ALONE as the answer ALONE...in Romans 3:21 forward.

Most of the Gentiles failed under their long, long economy; as did most of the Jews in theirs, after that one.

Result?

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

All that towards this glorious glory of the Son...ALONE on - that - Cross:

3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Get some sound doctrine in you GT.

Galatians 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

God's Truth

No, nope, and nah regarding your supposed Romans 2 based "evidence" - not misunderstood by you and many others, but misread by you, and others, INTO other passages; due to your false; endless works treadmill based perspective.

You haven't disproved the scriptures that I gave you. Believe what is plainly written, and repent.

john w

Hall of Fame
It's what happens when someone tries to defend the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

Wow! A record!!! The clown just spammed "Darby" for the 66th time, out of 85 posts, surpassing his previous of 666/888!!!!

Since you always follow Paul, and no one else does, little chinned weasel, are you an anti-Semite, weak arms one?

Answer the question, that I've been asking you, for over a week, sissy.

What's the problem, Craigie? Suffering from another fatal "death knell?"

john w

Hall of Fame
I have no problem making a blanket statement: "Dispensationalism is wrong".

Do you have a "problem" making a blanket statement:"Anti-Semitism is wrong," little chin Craigie?

Do it, punk.

Since you always follow Paul, and no one else does, little chinned weasel, are you an anti-Semite, weak arms one?

Answer the question, that I've been asking you, for over a week, sissy.

john w

Hall of Fame
Looks like weak chin Craigie, who follows the teachings of Josephus/J. Stuart Russell/DeMars/Gentry/Hannegraaf/King/Dennis/Sproul, has "scurried away like a cockroach when the light has shined upon him, " and has suffered another, fatal, deadly........................

death kell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john w

Hall of Fame
You need to stop using that word. Repent means change of mind, not stop sinning.

Heh, musty!!! How are you recovering from your 56th death knell this year?!! I suggest you cuh-laim your miracle today, from the Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd! Guh-loh-ree be to Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus!!! Ay-men, saints? Give Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd a puh-raise clap!!!!!!!!!!!

musterion

Heh, musty!!! How are you recovering from your 56th death knell this year?!! I suggest you cuh-laim your miracle today, from the Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd! Guh-loh-ree be to Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus!!! Ay-men, saints? Give Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd a puh-raise clap!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny...I don't feel knelled.

SaulToPaul 2

It was the early days of the church. There was confusion amongst the Jewish believers what to do about the Gentile believers. James quoted Amos 9, and then made a suggestion as to what to do about the Gentile believers.

When James' suggestions were read to the Gentile believers, it made the Gentile believers very happy.

James's suggestions to the Gentile believers, has absolutely nothing to do with the Middle Wall of Partition that was in the temple.

The partition wall separated Jew from Gentile. All Gentiles, pagan, God fearing, proselyte, etc.

Paul uses the middle wall of partition in Ephesians, because Paul is talking about Jew and Gentile, not two groups that both had Gentiles like you and heir claim.

:chuckle:

Suggestions...