ECT "Things that are different" included Gentiles

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't believe they are compelled by some having to have - that is your reading into their intent.

There's a reason.

HINT:

(Dan 9:7) O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.

Right Divider

Body part
There's a reason.

HINT:

(Dan 9:7) O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.
Dan 9:7 is not talking about gentiles at all.

Right Divider

Body part
That's my point.

(Eph 2:17) And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Think!
Ephesians is about gentiles.

Eph 2:11 (KJV)
(2:11) Wherefore remember, that ye [being] in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

THINK!

God's Truth

Cornelius was an unclean Gentile who did not follow the ceremonial works of the law. He was dead in his sin and in the uncircumcision of his flesh.

This is what Peter said about Cornelius:

Acts 10:28, He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

Cornelius was a devout, righteous, and God fearing man with all his household, and gave many alms to the Jewish people and prayed to God continually. See Acts 10:2, and Acts 10:22.

A holy angel told Cornelius to ask Peter to come to his house so that he could hear what he had to say.

Cornelius said we are all here in the presence of God to listen to everything the Lord has commanded you to tell us. See Acts 10:33.

Cornelius and his whole household were to listen to what Peter was commanded to tell them.

Just read what Peter explained to Cornelius and his whole household:

Acts 10

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. 36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.37 You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
39 “We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, 40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. 41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

That is about the message that saves.

That is the same message that Paul preaches.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ephesians is about gentiles.

Eph 2:11 (KJV)
(2:11) Wherefore remember, that ye [being] in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

THINK!

Read the next verse:

(Eph 2:12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

In the above verse "aliens" is Strongs #526 "apallotrioó", which means "estrange".

Paul is saying that the Gentile Ephesians were at one time part of the Commonwealth of Israel. They were the Israelites from the 10 Northern Tribes who were divorced from God. Hence "estranged".

That's who Daniel speaks of in Daniel 9:7. Daniel knew the Israelites from the 10 tribes had been driven "far off" because of "their trespass that they have trespassed against thee".

Right Divider

Body part
Read the next verse:

(Eph 2:12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

In the above verse "aliens" is Strongs #526 "apallotrioó", which means "estrange".

Paul is saying that the Gentile Ephesians were at one time part of the Commonwealth of Israel. They were the Israelites from the 10 Northern Tribes who were divorced from God. Hence "estranged".

That's who Daniel speaks of in Daniel 9:7. Daniel knew the Israelites from the 10 tribes had been driven "far off" because of "their trespass that they have trespassed against thee".
That is one incredibly perverse and twisted "reading" of the scripture.

DAN P

Even the straight out, actual 28ers agree that Paul is the Apostle of the Body :chuckle:

Hi and some Acts 28er do take the Lord's supper in 1 Cor 11 :25 and they also are over the place and say that Paul was saved under the Kingdom program and are like you , can not explain how Paul was saved NOR explain his 2 Baptisms , unless you can tell me ?

dan p

Jerry Shugart

That's the kind of nonsense which keeps coming from you. But what should we expect?

You think that you know more about the kingdom than did the Apostles who were with the King for forty days while He tutored them on the kingdom.

You live in a fantasy world filled with delusions!

God's Truth

No, it is NOT.

It proves the first Gentiles were saved by Peter's gospel, and it proves it is the same gospel that Paul preaches.

The message that saves that Peter was telling them is that:

1. God does not show favoritism.

That is the exact thing Paul says in Colossians 3:24, and Romans 2:11.

2. The good news of peace through Jesus Christ,

It is the same good news that Paul preached:

Romans 10:15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”
Romans 10:16But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?”

Did you read how Paul says not all the Israelites accepted the good news?

3. who is Lord of all.

Just like Paul says:
Romans 10:12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,

4. He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.

It is what Paul taught:

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom:

5. All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

That is what Paul taught:

Acts 26:20 First to those inDamascus and Jerusalem, then to everyone in theregion of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I declared that they should repent and turn to God,performing deeds worthy of their repentance.

Acts 26:23 23that Christ would suffer, and as the first to rise from the dead, He would proclaim light to our people and to theGentiles.”

DAN P

Yet....Cornelius was not allowed past the Middle Wall of Partition at the temple.

Hi and do you have a verse as proof , are you saYING I missed one , like Acts 2:9 , OR Acts 6:5 13:43 ??

So , where did PROSELYTES go whent they DIE ??

Are PROSELYTES part of Abraham's Bosom ?

Or are part of the Body of Christ ??

Please let see , where they are ??

dan p

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is one incredibly perverse and twisted "reading" of the scripture.

Was Paul the Apostle to the Gentiles?

If yes, then why did Paul say the following in Acts 28?

(Acts 28:20) For this reason I have asked to see you and talk with you. It is because of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain.”

Why didn't Paul say "it is because of the hope of the Gentiles that I am bound with this chain"....?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's the kind of nonsense which keeps coming from you.

(Jer 11:16-17) The Lord called you a thriving olive tree
with fruit beautiful in form.
But with the roar of a mighty storm
he will set it on fire,
and its branches will be broken. 17The Lord Almighty, who planted you, has decreed disaster for you, because the people of both Israel and Judah have done evil and aroused my anger by burning incense to Baal.

As we see above, the Olive Tree represented the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

In Rom 11:20 Paul makes it clear that the branches that were broken off were done so because of unbelief.

In verse 23 Paul says they will be grafted in "again".

Then in the next two verses, Paul explains the mystery:

(Rom 11:25-26) I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles (The House of Israel) has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved....

musterion

(Acts 28:20) For this reason I have asked to see you and talk with you. It is because of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain.”

Why didn't Paul say "it is because of the hope of the Gentiles that I am bound with this chain"....?

Because Christ is the Hope of Israel and the Savior of Gentiles.

It really isn't hard.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because Christ is the Hope of Israel and the Savior of Gentiles.

It really isn't hard.

Try again

Paul said he was in chains because of the hope of Israel.

Paul had only been preaching to Gentiles prior to Acts 28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musterion

Try again

No, you try again.

Yes.

To whom was he speaking when he said this?

Unbelieving Jews.

When they met to speak, what did Paul tell them?

He expounded to them from morning to evening, testifying about the kingdom of God and persuading them about Jesus from the Law of Moses and the Prophets.

In short, the hope of Israel.

What's your problem with this?

Says who?

Right Divider

Body part

What is "the hope of Israel"? Note WHO the YOU in that verse refers TO.

Note Paul's mission per scripture:

Acts 9:15 (KJV)
(9:15) But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

So even though Paul was the apostle of the gentiles that did not LIMIT his ministry to ONLY gentiles.

That's probably beyond your ability to comprehend.

Right Divider

Body part
Try again

WHAT? What silly commentary told you that?

Acts 17:1-3 (KJV)
(17:1) Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: (17:2) And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, (17:3) Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Gentiles only? Not hardly.