ECT Things that are different are not the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hebrews 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

vs.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

SaulToPaul 2

Sister heir,

If you would take time to read the proper commentaries, the church historians would clear up these differences for you. They say the same thing!

john w

Hall of Fame
Sister heir,

If you would take time to read the proper commentaries, the church historians would clear up these differences for you. They say the same thing!

Yeh, heir-you bible chopping, bible stripping, cherry picker, just like your fellow dispie, STP. You're in denial, like him.

oatmeal

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hebrews 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

vs.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

People cannot get born again again

They need to be instructed

john w

Hall of Fame
What a friend we have in Jesus!

What a mess. This oatmush doesn't "get" that it's a sarcastic post, an "inside" joke, between her, myself, STP....i.e., others that understand the necessity of rightly dividing the word of truth, and that not all of the book is about us, or for our obedience. Of course, now you look like a fool, as usual. That would not have happened here, had you paid attention, instead of just being in 'love" with your own "posts."

oatmeal

Here's some more things that are different

At Pentecost (a Jewish holy day) Peter preached:

Acts 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul preached:

1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Peter preached that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to sit on David’s throne:

Acts 2:30 KJV Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Paul preached that Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification:

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Peter preached the blotting out of sins at the second coming of the Lord

Acts 3:19-20 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Paul writes that we have NOW received the atonement:

Romans 5:11 KJV And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Peter said it was spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began:

Acts 3:21 KJV Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul says it was a secret since the world began

Romans 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Peter said to Cornelius:

Acts 10:35 KJV But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Paul writes:

Titus 3:5 KJV Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Why would you consider those things different?

oatmeal

Acts 17:30 Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent ...

Acts 18:8 Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

1 Corinthians 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,

1 Corinthians 1:16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other.

Paul preached repentance and baptism; he baptized Gentiles. He was glad he only baptized a few people himself because of how people were divisively relating to the person that baptized them, i.e. "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Paul."

What kind of baptism was Paul referring to?

Water?

in the holy spirit?

in the name of Jesus Christ?

or one of the others?

oatmeal

"This is only one of many things that are different in the Bible. I'd love to see some more! "-heir, the most underrated member in the history of TOL

Matthew 20:28 KJV
even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Mark 10:45 KJV

For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Vs.

1 Timothy 2:6 KJV

who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

And this is not an "accident:"

to be testified in due time.

Where is the problem?

Matthew 15:24, Jesus ministry was to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, not to the world. Therefore, he is focus was on Israel, not the world.

However, his obedience to his calling turned out to be beneficial to the entire world, even as Paul testified.

oatmeal

Christ according to the flesh (Rom 1:3) Whom we cannot know (2 Cor 5:16).

vs

Christ according to the revelation of the mystery (Rom 16:25) by Whom we are established.

As followers of the way, we focus not on Jesus' fleshly ministry, but on he being seated in the heavenlies on the right hand of the throne of God, as the head of the spiritual body of Christ.

We don't stew in the revelations given to or concerning past administrations, we live in what God wants us to believe now.

oatmeal

The 12: Chosen (Luke 6:13) taught and commissioned (Matt 28:18-20) by Christ during His earthly ministry. Were to follow His pattern and teach His earthly teachings (Matt 28:20).

Paul: Chosen, taught and commissioned by the ascended, glorified Christ (Acts 9:3-5; 1 Cor 15:8). Was not to follow the pattern of the 12 but was to teach something which the Lord entrusted to Paul alone: the dispensation of the grace of God (Rom 16:25; 1 Cor 9:17; Eph 3:2; Col 1:25).

Good thing, otherwise we would not be living in grace, but the law.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yeh, heir-you bible chopping, bible stripping, cherry picker, just like your fellow dispie, STP. You're in denial, like him.
You and STP are just "MAD" wacko, Darby parroting, NC denying, King James only Bible chopping Paul worshippers! If you really possessed a hunger and thirst for God's truth, you would spend most of your days doing online searches and exploring church history & biblical doctrines.

Status
Not open for further replies.