ECT Things that are different are not the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainee

I do not deny that there WERE gifts, but I believe those mentioned in 1 Cor. vanished away when that which is perfect came (1 Corinthians 8-13 KJV).

You don't have any of those listed and you know it. We've been over this. Just fess up and move on.

So that which is perfect came?

We had to go through something like this when some wanted to stand (by faith) on the declaration that the curse was gone -- even when it is clear the last enemy has not been dealt with..

How will anyone defend the claim the perfect came?

Do we know as we are known?

No we are far from perfect.

I confess there is the gift of prophecy but it is partial. It's just the way Paul said he wanted it for the church. 1 Corinthians 14:1

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:yawn:

I do not deny that there WERE gifts, but I believe those mentioned in 1 Cor. vanished away when that which is perfect came (1 Corinthians 8-13 KJV).

You don't have any of those listed and you know it. We've been over this. Just fess up and move on.

If the gifts vanished away then exactly what body died with them and what is a body without manifestations of the Spirit which is in it?

Believing is not the baptism of/in the Spirit.

People repent/believe and then are they baptized in water in Christs name and then , sometimes before, sometimes with, sometimes after, they are filled/baptized with the Holy Spirit.

So your confession is not that of a member of the Body of Christ which is full of His Spirit, and not some mans religion.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Surely, Paul would have used the term priest if indeed members of the BoC were priests, but he doesn't because we are not.

You should call yourself LA Dodger

There you go with the names because you know nothing of the new covenant priesthood and prophets of the believers.

You should admit it, and then you would be able to obey acts 2:38 and be joined to Christ with His body which is His Bride, under the new covenant inaugurated at the cross by His blood.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It goes against their religion.

2 Timothy 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

They've been spoon fed a religious, denominational system of bondage and they don't believe the scriptures that will loose the chains!

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

You will have to explain why you follow your MAD religion which binds you from being able to become a member of the real Body of Christ which is His bride.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
same Lord, different people, timing, gospels, doctrine and inheritances

It's up to each individual to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. It's the only way you can know where you fit in to God's plan.

Same Lord, same people, same gospel.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So that which is perfect came?
YES

We had to go through something like this when some wanted to stand (by faith) on the declaration that the curse was gone -- even when it is clear the last enemy has not been dealt with..

How will anyone defend the claim the perfect came?

Do we know as we are known?

No we are far from perfect.

I confess there is the gift of prophecy but it is partial. It's just the way Paul said he wanted it for the church. 1 Corinthians 14:1

because of Christ we are perfect in the Sight Of God ! ! ! - :patrol:

View attachment 19331

oatmeal

Look out...there's gotta be a book about that.

Yeah, I've seen people "learning" to speak in "tongues". They also teach how to be slain in the Spirit and how to raise dead men. It's some Bible College from back east I think. :think:

Where did you learn how to pray? If you pray according to scriptures, you had to learn how to pray from scripture.

Where did you learn how to believe? If you believe according to scriptures, you had to learn how to believe from scripture.

Where did you learn how to please God? If you please God by what scripture says pleases God, then you had to learn how to please God from scripture.

Where did you learn to love? If you love according to scriptures instructions on what love is and how to love, you had to have learned it from scripture.

Why do you have a problem with learning from scripture?

oatmeal

Deuteronomy 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

vs.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

The law had served its purpose, our righteousness did not come by the works of the law.

Galatians 3:21

However, Romans 13:10 tells us that fulfilling the law is the result when believers love

heir

TOL Subscriber
If the gifts vanished away then exactly what body died with them and what is a body without manifestations of the Spirit which is in it?
Go study what the purpose of the gifts.
Believing is not the baptism of/in the Spirit.
When one trusts the Lord believing the gospel of CHrist, they are 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV.
People repent/believe and then are they baptized in water in Christs name and then , sometimes before, sometimes with, sometimes after, they are filled/baptized with the Holy Spirit.
your religious traditions do nothing for you or anyone else, but get them puffed up and wet.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There you go with the names because you know nothing of the new covenant priesthood and prophets of the believers.
Your attempt to steal someone else's calling (Hebrews 3:1 KJV) will not make it come to pass nor the Body a priesthood.

You should admit it, and then you would be able to obey acts 2:38 and be joined to Christ with His body which is His Bride, under the new covenant inaugurated at the cross by His blood.
I can't obey Acts 2:38 and neither can you. It's not the offer on the table. And why would I want remission of sins when I have Colossians 2:13 KJV.

Furthermore, the church, which is His Body is not the Bride. The Bride is a city not a Body (Revelation 21:2 KJV).

Things that are different are not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.