ECT There be many Galatians nowadays

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It is extremely prideful to suppose that we are saved by our obedience, it is to rely on the arm of the flesh, an abomination to the Lord. Such folk can't bring themselves to admit that they were helpless, without God and without hope in the world before God had mercy on them and saved them.

We of the weaker sort know, we admitted to the Lord [and still do] that we are totally incapable of this thing and if we are to be saved then He who begins a good work in us must also carry it through to completion to the day of the Lord.

In return we received gladness of heart, we are entirely satisfied with God's great salvation...we are pleased that He alone should have the glory.

We also have found those who claim they are obedient actually upon a little probing turn out to be VERY disobedient.

What they began from sloppy workmanship turns into a downright lie the longer they insist that they are obedient.

God's Truth

It is extremely prideful to suppose that we are saved by our obedience,
You cannot shame people for obeying Jesus.

it is to rely on the arm of the flesh, an abomination to the Lord. Such folk can't bring themselves to admit that they were helpless, without God and without hope in the world before God had mercy on them and saved them.

Trust Jesus and repent of your sins, and then you will receive understanding.

We of the weaker sort know, we admitted to the Lord [and still do] that we are totally incapable of this thing and if we are to be saved then He who begins a good work in us must also carry it through to completion to the day of the Lord.
You have to be the obedient servant.
In return we received gladness of heart, we are entirely satisfied with God's great salvation...we are pleased that He alone should have the glory.
You do not know real gladness until you eat and drink Jesus that is believing and obeying Jesus. Only then does Jesus give you water to drink that is the Holy Spirit.
We also have found those who claim they are obedient actually upon a little probing turn out to be VERY disobedient.
That is humorous to those in the truth.

You are as the accuser of the brethren. You are not God and you do not know what everyone does.
What they began from sloppy workmanship turns into a downright lie the longer they insist that they are obedient.

You sound like an insecure person who torments those in her life. Can you imagine you speaking that way to your husband and children, or employees the way you speak to me?

SaulToPaul 2

Deuteronomy 12:19 Take heed to thyself that thou forsake not the Levite as long as thou livest upon the earth.

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

GT: "I do not sin."

Daniel1611

I have said before that I defy anyone to stand up and say they have turned from all of their sins. The audacity and arrogance required to say you stopped sinning would be stunning. And GT did it. She said she stopped sinning. The pride. The arrogance. There's a parable in the bible where one man boasts to God of his good works, but the other man says "Lord, be merciful to me, a sinner.". We should be as the latter.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Ephesians 2-4

But God who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us

Even when we were dead in sins

hath quickened us together with Christ (by grace ye are saved)

vs 8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and THAT not of your yourselves, it is the gift of God.

Not of works lest any man should boast

oatmeal

Galatians 1:1 KJV

Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

There are those who doubt Paul's apostleship.

There are Christians who do not yet understand that God the Father raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

Galatians 1:2 KJV

And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

The hearts of Paul and the brethren with him went out to those in Galatia.

Sadly, the churches of Galatia is who they are called. In all the other epistles there is some commendation like churches of God, or beloved or saints etc, but not to the Galatians, is shows how far they were removed from the gospel.

Yet,

Galatians 1:3

Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Both God the Father and the lord Jesus Christ extend grace and peace to them.

They are in great need of both God's grace and peace if they are to recover themselves from the snare of the devil.

Galatians 1:4

Who [the lord Jesus Christ] gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

the lord Jesus Christ gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, not by doing his own will, but according to the will of God and our Father.

Even though the Galatians were far removed from God's truths, God our Father, wanted them back in the saddle, so to speak, back in the center of God's will, not on the fringe of doing God's will, but in the center of it.

God is the Father of the believers, including the not so faithful believers of Galatia

God's Truth

I have said before that I defy anyone to stand up and say they have turned from all of their sins. The audacity and arrogance required to say you stopped sinning would be stunning. And GT did it. She said she stopped sinning. The pride. The arrogance. There's a parable in the bible where one man boasts to God of his good works, but the other man says "Lord, be merciful to me, a sinner.". We should be as the latter.

You have no understanding. The boasting was to the Jews because they had the ceremonial works to do themselves.

It is never ever shameful to obey Jesus.

God's Truth

Deuteronomy 12:19 Take heed to thyself that thou forsake not the Levite as long as thou livest upon the earth.

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

GT: "I do not sin."

Didn't you die to the sins of the world, as Jesus said to do?

What kind of covenant or you in if you are not obeying the conditions?

oatmeal

Galatians 1:1 KJV

Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

There are those who doubt Paul's apostleship.

There are Christians who do not yet understand that God the Father raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

Galatians 1:2 KJV

And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

The hearts of Paul and the brethren with him went out to those in Galatia.

Sadly, the churches of Galatia is who they are called. In all the other epistles there is some commendation like churches of God, or beloved or saints etc, but not to the Galatians, is shows how far they were removed from the gospel.

Yet,

Galatians 1:3

Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Both God the Father and the lord Jesus Christ extend grace and peace to them.

They are in great need of both God's grace and peace if they are to recover themselves from the snare of the devil.

Galatians 1:4

Who [the lord Jesus Christ] gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

the lord Jesus Christ gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, not by doing his own will, but according to the will of God and our Father.

Even though the Galatians were far removed from God's truths, God our Father, wanted them back in the saddle, so to speak, back in the center of God's will, not on the fringe of doing God's will, but in the center of it.

God is the Father of the believers, including the not so faithful believers of Galatia

This epistle is about glorifying God and our Father.

Galatians 1:4-5

Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

It is God the Father that raised the lord Jesus Christ from the dead. Galatians 1:1

What greater glory could we give to God the Father than to acknowledge that, believe that, and live accordingly?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I object to your hijacking my thread for a non-Trinitarian argument [however subtle]

Nobody knows the Father, it is impossible to worship Him, how can you worship what you don't know?

Jesus we know, we worship Him. the "to whom be glory forever and ever" refers to Christ not to the Father.

Kindly do not hijack my thread

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Ephesians 2-4

But God who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us

Even when we were dead in sins

hath quickened us together with Christ (by grace ye are saved)

vs 8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and THAT not of your yourselves, it is the gift of God.

Not of works lest any man should boast

No "obeyer of commandments" can explain these scriptures