ECT There be many Galatians nowadays

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
And you are in disobedience in the matter of gathering together.

Why can't you be honest? you are as crooked as a corkscrew.

Just honest up and admit that you are a sinner.

Daniel1611

She believes in works salvation, so in her mind, if she admits that she's a sinner, she admits she's going to hell. But thank God I won't be judged by my works. I'll be judged by the works of the Lord Jesus Christ because I have believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God. Praise God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is not only the ceremonial laws that are put away as a means of righteousness or salvation but the whole kit and caboodle of it.

For Christ is our peace who hath made both Jew and Gentile one and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between them

Having ABOLISHED in His flesh the enmity EVEN the law of commandments contained in ordinances for to make of twain one new man.

We Gentiles never were given the law either the ceremonial or the commandments. So the law never had any reference point for us.
so close and yet so far

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is not only the ceremonial laws that are put away as a means of righteousness or salvation but the whole kit and caboodle of it.
Yep.

Paul uses many aspects of the law to make a point about us not being under the law.
He uses circumcision and foods, as well as the Sabbath Day and coveting (the last two which are directly from the 10 Commandments).

SaulToPaul 2

Yep.

Paul uses many aspects of the law to make a point about us not being under the law.
He uses circumcision and foods, as well as the Sabbath Day and coveting (the last two which are directly from the 10 Commandments).

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

GT remains unconvicted, and apparently unconverted.

God's Truth

It is not doing right that is wrong.

It is you stupidly thinking that you are doing right or that you CAN do right that is wrong.
Of course, we can do right.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

2 Corinthians 7:15
And his affection for you is all the greater when he remembers that you were all obedient, receiving him with fear and trembling.

God demands we come to Him a sinners, He won't save any until they understand they are lost without God and without hope in the world.

Jesus saves those who admit they are sinners and repent of their sins, and call on him.

It was the LAW which was against us, it is the law that has been abolished in Christ

There is a new law. The new law is the old law with some changes.

See Hebrews 7:12.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by law.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

God's Truth

If you were honest, you would not be gathering with your church because you would have been thrown out; since you say you are a sinner who cannot obey.

1 Corinthians 5:2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?

1 Corinthians 5:13
God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

2 Thessalonians 3:6
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

God's Truth

Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by law.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The works we do not have to do are the ceremonial works.

Peter says people misunderstand Paul, and then Peter warns us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, 17.

James rebukes that line of thinking too. See James 2:14, 17, and 22.

God's Truth

She believes in works salvation, so in her mind, if she admits that she's a sinner, she admits she's going to hell. But thank God I won't be judged by my works. I'll be judged by the works of the Lord Jesus Christ because I have believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God. Praise God.

Jesus would not have saved me if I did not admit I was a sinner.

God's Truth

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

GT remains unconvicted, and apparently unconverted.

Do you love others by not harming them?

If you do then you are obeying all the commandments.

God's Truth

Yep.

Paul does NOT EVER say what you say.

Paul does NOT ever rebuke people for obeying Jesus, as you do.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The works we do not have to do are the ceremonial works.

Malarky!

Peter says people misunderstand Paul, and then Peter warns us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, 17.

You misunderstand Paul.

James rebukes that line of thinking too. See James 2:14, 17, and 22.

You skipped a verse:

Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

James says, "Show me!" James can't see the heart, but GOD does:

Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Cornelius and his household heard and believed (Acts 10:43-44) and as a result GOD forgave them and sealed them with the Holy Spirit. Same thing happened to me thirty-five years ago. GOD knows the heart. People can only see the outward appearance.

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by law, then Christ is dead in vain.

That means 'any' law.

You seek to merit the merit of Christ. It can't be done.

Give it up and receive the grace of GOD.

God's Truth

Show one scripture where Paul says, "You who believe they have to obey Jesus are not doing right."

Can you really imagine Paul saying anything like what many of you here say to me?

Paul would not ever tell anyone, "You do not have to obey Jesus."

God's Truth

Malarky!

You misunderstand Paul.

You skipped a verse:

Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

James says, "Show me!" James can't see the heart, but GOD does:

James is speaking about correcting someone who is preaching falseness.

Jesus knows what is in our hearts and tells us what to do to make our heart right to be saved. Jesus says to believe and repent.

Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Cornelius and his household heard and believed (Acts 10:43-44) and as a result GOD forgave them and sealed them with the Holy Spirit. Same thing happened to me thirty-five years ago. GOD knows the heart. People can only see the outward appearance.

God knows our hearts and saves those who FEAR HIM AND DOES WHAT IS RIGHT, see Acts 10:35. That is who God saves! Cornelius and his whole household were RIGHTEOUS AND FEARED GOD. See Acts 10:2.

God saves those who obey. See Acts 5:32.

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by law, then Christ is dead in vain.

That means 'any' law.

That does not mean any law. We have a law that requires faith, see Romans 3:27.

The ceremonial works were so that people could clean themselves, but we do not have to do THOSE works anymore, because faith alone in his blood cleans us. We still have a law, it is a law that requires faith, just like PAUL SAYS.

You seek to merit the merit of Christ. It can't be done.

Give it up and receive the grace of GOD.

We get life by obeying Jesus' words. His words are full of Spirit and life. See John 6:63.

SaulToPaul 2

Show one scripture where Paul says, "You who believe they have to obey Jesus are not doing right."

Can you really imagine Paul saying anything like what many of you here say to me?

Paul would not ever tell anyone, "You do not have to obey Jesus."

Why do you never, on TOL, refer to him as the LORD Jesus Christ?
There is a reason, and we'd all like to know.

God's Truth

Unless we eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, we have no life in us. Jesus tells us the truth, if anyone obeys his word, he will never see death.

John 8:51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

We eat the flesh of Jesus by OBEYING WHAT HE SAYS.

If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever, John 6:51. This bread is Jesus’ flesh, which he will give for the life of the world, John 6:53.

Jesus is the WORD OF GOD. The Word of God is not just to listen to, it is to OBEY.