ECT There be many Galatians nowadays

SaulToPaul 2

What things does Paul say to do that you do?

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

SaulToPaul 2

Some people pick and chose what scriptures they want to believe. They make for themselves a different Jesus, and a fictional god.

The bottom line is that she is dishonest, or delusional.

She cannot read through Matthew 5-7 and claim with a straight face that she obeys all of these, without being dishonest or delusional.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The bottom line is that she is dishonest, or delusional.

She cannot read through Matthew 5-7 and claim with a straight face that she obeys all of these, without being dishonest or delusional.
Yeah. We've seen that over and over again with her.

God's Truth

When I wanted to be saved, before I was saved, I started obeying Jesus' teachings. I started doing whatever I could do that Jesus said. Jesus said to sell all you have and come follow him, I could not do that, so I found something else he said to do and I would think can I do this? Yes, I can do this. I thought what can I do? I will start at the beginning. In the beginning Jesus said repent or perish, so I started there, I admitted I was a sinner, and I thought about every sin I ever did, starting with the present sins, and working back to the earliest of times I could remember. After I admitted to being a sinner, I knew that I had to understand exactly what my sins were.

After I obeyed other things that Jesus told me to do, Jesus saved me, and then gave me understanding.

I knew what Jesus meant and to whom he said to sell all you have and follow him. I knew that was not to everyone, but only to the other men who would become traveling ministers with Jesus while he was on earth.

Jesus gives understanding to those he saves, to those who obey him.

SaulToPaul 2

When I wanted to be saved, before I was saved, I started obeying Jesus' teachings. I started doing whatever I could do that Jesus said. Jesus said to sell all you have and come follow him, I could not do that, so I found something else he said to do and I would think can I do this? Yes, I can do this. I thought what can I do? I will start at the beginning. In the beginning Jesus said repent or perish, so I started there, I admitted I was a sinner, and I thought about every sin I ever did, starting with the present sins, and working back to the earliest of times I could remember. After I admitted to being a sinner, I knew that I had to understand exactly what my sins were.

Her post reminds me of this,

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

God's Truth

If anyone wants to be saved, search for Jesus with all your heart. Lean not on your lack of understanding, but trust Jesus and obey him.

Believe and do not doubt, do not ever give up, admit you are a sinner, forgive others. Are you with someone and you should marry her, or him, do so. Are you stealing? Stop stealing. What other ways can you obey now?

God's Truth

Her post reminds me of this,

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Who but the devil would shame someone for obeying?
It is never ever evil to obey and to preach obedience.

God's Truth

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Those scriptures are about obeying Jesus. How do you do those things that are stated in Colossians?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is never ever evil to obey and to preach obedience.
That's what Moses tried his best to do.
And yet Moses was excluded from entering the promised land.
But still, we find Moses with Jesus.
Matthew 17 KJV
(3) And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.​

God's Truth

That's what Moses tried his best to do.
And yet Moses was excluded from entering the promised land.
But still, we find Moses with Jesus.
Matthew 17 KJV
(3) And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.​

What is your point? Moses did wrong and did not see the promised land. Moses died and still had salvation after this life, but his life on the earth was taken.

You preach that it means it is proof we do not have to obey, and I preach to obey.

How is it that you do not get that it is always right to preach obedience?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is your point?
The point that Moses tried really hard to obey and teach obedience.

Moses did wrong and did not see the promised land.
But he tried oh so hard to be obedient and preach obedience, just like you. And yet he failed, just like you.

Moses died and still had salvation after this life, but his life on the earth was taken.
Well, that didn't happen because of him obeying everything God said, now did it?

You preach that it means it is proof we do not have to obey, and I preach to obey.
It is proof that Moses did not have to always obey, because he didn't always obey.

How is it that you do not get that it is always right to preach obedience?
Because, as we have just seen, always obeying was not Moses' ticket to salvation.
So why do you preach that always obeying is the ticket to salvation?

God's Truth

But he tried oh so hard to be obedient and preach obedience, just like you. And yet he failed, just like you.
Moses did not fail at preaching the truth. I do not fail at preaching the truth. Paul preached the truth and made sure his body was obedient so that he would not be disqualified.

God is not an unrighteous judge, or unmerciful, or impatient. If you sin, you are to ask for forgiveness and repent of sins! You are not to stop trying to be obedient. You are not to start teaching faith alone!

Well, that didn't happen because of him obeying everything God said, now did it?

It is proof that Moses did not have to always obey, because he didn't always obey.
Wow. Incredible.

You preach we will sin and that it is reason to not preach obedience, but to preach faith alone, which JAMES SAYS IS DEAD. The writer of Hebrews rebukes you, and Peter too.

Paul does too but you will not admit it.

Because, as we have just seen, always obeying was not Moses' ticket to salvation.

It is the way, and if you sin and repent, with all your heart, you will be forgiven. Cain didn't, Saul didn't, but David did. What are you teaching! You are hindering people from being saved.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Moses did not fail at preaching the truth.
Pay attention.

"But he tried oh so hard to be obedient and preach obedience."

He failed.

Wow. Incredible.
But true. Moses did not always obey everything, now did he?

It is the way
Always obeying can't be the way, by your own admission that your flesh body sinned before and after you were saved.
If you always obeyed, then you would have nothing to repent of. But you claim that you repent repeatedly.

God's Truth

Pay attention.

"But he tried oh so hard to be obedient and preach obedience."

He failed.
Moses did not stop preaching obedience.

But true. Moses did not always obey everything, now did he?

Always obeying can't be the way, by your own admission that your flesh body sinned before and after you were saved.

I said no such thing. That is you trying to accuse me.

We can obey.

After Moses did not obey, he did not start teaching others to only believe. He did not start teaching it was impossible to obey God. That is absurd to suggest that.

If you always obeyed, then you would have nothing to repent of. But you claim that you repent repeatedly.

You are not careful in what you say I have said.

I spoke of repenting of sins TO BE SAVED; it was about sinning before I was saved.

SaulToPaul 2

Only a person not yet saved would tell a person who preaches obedience that they sin.

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Deuteronomy 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.