The Word Made Flesh

Notaclue

You didn't answer the Question?

1Tim.2:5. For there is one God, and one mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus:

Is Christ Jesus a man?

Jn.4:23. “But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. 24“God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Rev.22:18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Peace.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You didn't answer the Question?

1Tim.2:5. For there is one God, and one mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus:

Is Christ Jesus a man?

Jn.4:23. “But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. 24“God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Rev.22:18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Peace.

He is a man and He is God, look to the hypostatic union.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

High Ground? Is that what this exchange is all about? You ought to consider the pride within you for you to even suggest that. Fact is, you don't take lightly to having something being discussed you haven't considered. I hope you will repent of that in this.
:plain: and you wonder why you are on ignore. Filled with love joy peace patience kindness self-control much?
Get serious. I personally don't believe you understand Jesus, the night before in Gethsemane.
Yeah, and I want to continue this conversation, why? :nono: You are going on ignore again because you are not a happy person. I don't want whatever understanding you have of Jesus. I frankly don't want to be as bitter as you are. Why is it, that cults 'gospel' is never seen as 'good' news??? :idunno:
I am going to ask you a question and I want an answer without equivocation

Do you believe the sacrifice needed to redeem man had to be more than a "sinless" human being born of Adam's race?
I believe He was 100% God 100% man. Already told you.
If emptied, emptied of what? Half and half doesn't make the cut in redeeming mankind.
You said 50/50 again. You just don't get it. Nothing I'm going to say now or would have said later is doing anything more than going in one ear, out the other. I don't even know why you are carrying on this conversation. You certainly have no joy or happiness with your version of things.
PPS is nowhere in his understanding the message the scriptures contain even with all his condescending scholarly prowess.
Er, the point again was that you were semi- or full Arian/Unitarian. I concur with him because that is what the council listed your beliefs as. It is a done-deal. You embrace a heresy. End of this part of the discussion.

Given your non knowledge, why should I receive that from you? You haven't put forth anything I can amen. I don't believe you can.
I am placing you on ignore now. There is no reason for us to even be talking. It isn't good for me, it certainly isn't good for you. This angst, banter, and uncivil posturing I try to extricate myself from. I'm sure you don't like being called a heretic but the councils called your views that a long time ago. They are based on all of scripture and you really should study the councils yourself on this. I certainly do whenever I have a view that doesn't line up with them. You will have to own your own beliefs. The only thing a conversation between you and I would accomplish is unfruitful banter that I'm just not interested in taking part in. I am confident in my position and it is well backed up by Christian history. I agree with the councils before me. The burden is upon you as the usurper of those and you aren't adequate nor entreating to the task. Goodbye CR, you are too full of angst for me. -Lon

Cross Reference

He is a man and He is God, look to the hypostatic union.

Hypstatic union is a man-made thinking about what he isn't able to explain concerning Jesus' son-ship intimacy with his Father. They cannot conceive of the idea that, of one's flesh, such intimacy could ever been arrived at irrespective of his sinlessness. Therefore, he had to be God..

How 'bout this: Jesus Christ was God's perfect representation of what He, God, created Adam to be?

Cross Reference

:plain:
and you wonder why you are on ignore. Filled with love joy peace patience kindness self-control much?

You are good at building such dispostions in your opponents. Your insults from willful ignorance do eventually take their toll on just about everyone. Thank you for revealing my lack to me.

Yeah, and I want to continue this conversation, why? :nono: You are going on ignore again because you are not a happy person. I don't want whatever understanding you have of Jesus. I frankly don't want to be as bitter as you are. Why is it, that cults 'gospel' is never seen as 'good' news??? :idunno:
That's just your excuse not to continue. I am used to that from you. What you are trying to say is that you don't have anymore answers and therefore I am intellectually beneath you..

I believe He was 100% God 100% man. Already told you.

And I have given my reasons you ignore as if I just have to accept your creedish version. :nono:

You said 50/50 again. You just don't get it.

100/100 doesn't change anything if the first 100% isn't emptied of the second 100%. You don't really accept that idea and you do your darndest to minimize that argument. Hence, the name calling and labeling.

Nothing I'm going to say now or would have said later is doing anything more than going in one ear, out the other. I don't even know why you are carrying on this conversation. You certainly have no joy or happiness with your version of things.

Get off you condensending horse and pay attention to what others write. There is nothing wrong with my JOY that people like you can't see if they weren't looking for ways to disagree, as you consistently do. It's wearisome.

Er, the point again was that you were semi- or full Arian/Unitarian. I concur with him because that is what the council listed your beliefs as. It is a done-deal. You embrace a heresy. End of this part of the discussion.

There you just confirmed my remarks about what it is like discussing with you. I believe you would concur with the devil just to be right in your own head.

I am placing you on ignore now. There is no reason for us to even be talking. It isn't good for me, it certainly isn't good for you. This angst, banter, and uncivil posturing I try to extricate myself from. I'm sure you don't like being called a heretic but the councils called your views that a long time ago. They are based on all of scripture and you really should study the councils yourself on this. I certainly do whenever I have a view that doesn't line up with them. You will have to own your own beliefs. The only thing a conversation between you and I would accomplish is unfruitful banter that I'm just not interested in taking part in. I am confident in my position and it is well backed up by Christian history. I agree with the councils before me. The burden is upon you as the usurper of those and you aren't adequate nor entreating to the task. Goodbye CR, you are too full of angst for me. -Lon

You are a willfully ignorant "creedish" ideologue, made so by it to now be incapable of allowing the light of God's word you say you have studied to reveal the dark spots in your thinking. If fact, you refuse it. You need to be right. I have refuted every attempt by you with knowledge of the scriptures you ignore, to label me and you still do even if it means twisting the scriptures to make them fit your ideology.. If I seem angry it is because of you not replying in kind but dismissing, out of hand, everything I have offered up for consideration choosing rather to proof text me from your lexicon. You have the problem bunky, not me.

<I should have stuck with my gut feelings about all this from the beginning>. My bad.

Reactions: Lon

Cross Reference

Jesus was resurrected and born from the dead(Col.1:18 Rev.1:5 Rev.4:5) do you think these are one and the same.... or two separate events?

Peace.

But Jesus was NOT born from the dead but resurrected from it. Death could NOT hold Him. Him being first born infers He was the first born [again] of the Spirit. . the same Spirit any new born child of God receives. He is the Captain of that process because He first went through it to the satisfaction of God Who raised Him to Glorification. The new born are purposed to follow suit by baptism and allegiance.

Notaclue

But Jesus was NOT born from the dead but resurrected from it. Death could NOT hold Him. Him being first born infers He was the first born [again] of the Spirit. . the same Spirit any new born child of God receives. He is the Captain of that process because He first went through it to the satisfaction of God Who raised Him to Glorification. The new born are purposed to follow suit by baptism and allegiance.

Rev.4:5. And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Jesus hasn't died yet.

Rev.5:6. And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Jesus died, now he is of the four beasts(lives), who are these four beasts (lives)?

Peace.

Ben Masada

What does your scripture verse say He is?

My scripture verses say Jesus is dead. As the Christian bodily resurrection is concern, my scriptural verses say that once dead no one will ever return from the grave. My scriptural verses are: II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; and many others throughout the Scriptures Jesus always referred to as the Word of God aka the Tanach.

Cross Reference

My scripture verses say Jesus is dead. As the Christian bodily resurrection is concern, my scriptural verses say that once dead no one will ever return from the grave. My scriptural verses are: II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; and many others throughout the Scriptures Jesus always referred to as the Word of God aka the Tanach.

My scriptures say "The wages of sin is death". Doesn't yours say the same?

6days

What does your scripture verse say He is?
Throughout both OT and NT we see that Jesus is God. Jesus has every attribute that God the Father does. (example verses)
Jesus is omnipotent
He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18

Jesus is omnipresent
"Where 2 or 3...I am there" Matt. 18:20

Jesus is omniscient.
John 1:48-50 Jesus knew where Nathaniel was.

Jesus is called God.
"Of the Son he(God the Father) says, "Thy throne oh God..."" Heb. 1:8
And,
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
So the Word WAS GOD...... then compare to v14... the Word became human

Jesus is also called 'Lord'. Matt. 22:43-45

Jesus is the 'King of kings and Lord of lords'. Rev. 19:16

Jesus receives worship from angels and humans
.."Let all the angels of God worship Him" Heb. 1:6
And...
"At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of those who are in Heaven, and those on earth, and under the earth."
Phil. 2:10

Jesus claimed to be equal to his father.
"I and the Father are one." John 10:30

Jesus is the mighty God and the everlasting Father Is.9:6

Jesus is the Creator. Col. 1:16

Jesus forgives sin Luke 7:48

That's my King...I wonder do you know Him?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqTFNfeDnE
REALLY COOL YouTube video... All should see that one!!

keypurr

Hypstatic union is a man-made thinking about what he isn't able to explain concerning Jesus' son-ship intimacy with his Father. They cannot conceive of the idea that, of one's flesh, such intimacy could ever been arrived at irrespective of his sinlessness. Therefore, he had to be God..

How 'bout this: Jesus Christ was God's perfect representation of what He, God, created Adam to be?

Part right. Jesus was man but the spirit in him is a form of God.

Cross Reference

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post

My scriptures say "The wages of sin is death". Doesn't yours say the same?

Zeke

Approximately nine months before he was born in the spring of 5 BCE.

No, Jesus represented the Spiritual birth in man Luke 17:20-21, Galatians 1:12, after being born of a woman with a human father Matt 11:11 until Galatians 4:23-28.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, Jesus represented the Spiritual birth in man Luke 17:20-21, Galatians 1:12, after being born of a woman with a human father Matt 11:11 until Galatians 4:23-28.

Was Jesus conceived by the Holy Spirit?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was Jesus conceived by the Holy Spirit?

Yes;

Matthew 1:18 New King James Version (NKJV)

Christ Born of Mary
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.