The Word Made Flesh

Notaclue

God is light.

He is invisible.

He lives in unapproachable light.

God is a consuming fire.

Hebrews 12:29 for our "God is a consuming fire."

Jesus is THAT God the Father with a body who came to earth as a Man.

2 Thessalonians 1:7
and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.

Revelation 1:14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

"The Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet are like burnished bronze, says this: ‘I know your deeds..."--Revelation 2:18-19

Who is that fire in Jesus' eyes?

God the Father is inside Jesus.

Num.23:19. God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

1Tim.2:5. For there is one God, and one mediator of God and men, the 'man' Christ Jesus:

Jn.1:1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and the Word was(the) God.

What was the WORD before the Beginning?

Peace.

Lon

Thank you. I would be more than willing to move on except to first clear up one thing before doing so you won't let go of, i.e., my, so-called by you, "heretical" perspective
Moving to here as this is a thread about the Lord Jesus Christ becoming flesh and so it is about the Kenosis passage and a better fit for this discussion. I hope you find the move acceptable.
You claim heresy because it 'cuts across' the grain to what you have "espoused" to yourself, i.e., creeds and man's doctrine OVER and against sound scripture, which you have never argued to an "objective" understanding but rather when confronted with a seeming empass deliberately obfuscate, usually to what you believe the creeds have concluded. One other way you, as with other self proclaimed scholars, manipulate the Greek to make it fit your "scholarly" bent.
:nono: Not against scripture at all. The creeds were written to help steer us from doing exactly that. The Lord Jesus Christ, for example, couldn't have walked across water if He wasn't God. He was 100% and 100%. Remember me
Permit me this last request that you give your reasoning as to when Rom. 8:20 KJV was initially subjected to Adam? [I assume you accept Adam is the creature mentioned]
Reading a few translations (I had always read and assumed 'creation' as given here):

Rom 8:19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope
Rom 8:21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

I'm familiar with some thinking "all creation" and some thinking "angels watching over the fallen human race" and even "all men in creation" but have not read it as Adam or seen it postulated before. Can you provide a link or reason for your assumption? Thanks. -Lon

Cross Reference

Lon, I will gladly give your reply as asked of me. Read these passages as linked as a precursor:

Hebrews 2:12-16 >> Romans 8:15-21 (KJV)

". . I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. And again,I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me [acting in union]. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also [Jesus, the man] himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death [by subjection to vanity] were all their lifetime subject to [its] bondage. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham."_____

"[Now] if ye live after the flesh, [bondage by its law] ye shall die: but if ye through the [indwelling Holy] Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God [per John 1:12 KJV]. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear [After breaking loose from the power of the law of the flesh, vanity]; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God [there will be evidence] : And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature [Adam's prosterity] waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 
For the creature [Adam] was made subject to vanity, not willingly, [by Adam's transgression] [/i] but by reason of him who hath subjected[/i] [it to Adam for purpose of revealing his allegiance] the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God".

I will paraphrase and give you my commentary on this later tonite unless you have, in the meanwhile, a revelation as to how it all fits together without me doing so. In that case, you can go first and I will respond.

I am off to Bible study at church. I'll back by 9pm and will check in with you.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Some explanations for my last entry above:

Vanity == Self gratification,preservation, aggrandizement, lust, futility, vainess, fear, fear of death, all bondage to bodily needs.

Body == Flesh [outlet for the soul to the world as the human spirit being the outlet of the soul to God by the indwelling Holy Spirit made possible by redemption made active in the heart of one who has called upon the Name of the Lord for his saving grace.

Law of the flesh == Bondage to vanity

Creature == Adam and his progeny-posterity

Creature in waiting == Adam's redeemed posterity.

Creature made subject to vanity by Adam's transgression [would have been a nonsequitur had Adam obeyed, which was the result God hoped for]

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Hebrews 2:12-16 >> Romans 8:15-21 (KJV)

". . I [Jesus] will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. And again,I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me [acting in union]. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also [Jesus, the man] himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death [by subjection to vanity] were all their lifetime subject to [its] bondage. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham."_____

"[Now] if ye live after the flesh, [bondage by its law] ye shall die: but if ye through the [indwelling Holy] Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God [per John 1:12 KJV]. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear [After breaking loose from the power of the law of the flesh, vanity]; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God [with evidence following] : And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature [Adam's prosterity] waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 
For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, [by Adam's transgression] ... by reason of him who hath subjected [it first to Adam for purpose of revealing his allegiance] the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God".

[emphasis mine]

God's Truth

Num.23:19. God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
You are misusing that scripture. Jesus is not a mere man. Tell me, Did Jesus lie? Tell me, did Jesus repent? Tell me, did Jesus say something but then not do it? Or has Jesus spoken and then not make it good?

You thought that scripture would disprove that Jesus is God, but it reinforced the truth that Jesus is God.

1Tim.2:5. For there is one God, and one mediator of God and men, the 'man' Christ Jesus:
There are three, and the three are one and the same.

Jn.1:1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and the Word was(the) God.

What was the WORD before the Beginning?

Peace.

God.

Lon

Hebrews 2:12-16
". . I [Jesus] will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. And again,I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me [acting in union]. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also [Jesus, the man] himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death [by subjection to vanity] were all their lifetime subject to [its] bondage. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham."_____

Psalm 22:22, Isaiah 8:17-18 Any of this deny the Lord Jesus Christ's humanity? :nono: Any of this deny His deity? :nono:

>> Romans 8:15-21 (KJV)
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God [with evidence following] : And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature [Adam's prosterity] waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 
For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, [by Adam's transgression] ... by reason of him who hath subjected [it first to Adam for purpose of revealing his allegiance] the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God".

[emphasis mine]

Already addressed this on the last page.

Ben Masada

The Word made flesh in my honest opinion is an euphemism that, above all, fits the creation of Israel when it was chosen as God's People.

Ben Masada

Ok. Flesh was before Israel. Guess Who?

Yes, flesh was before Israel but, you are being too literal. The reference here is to the collective and not the individual. No place for the individual here. Not Adam, nor Abraham, not even Moses but only the People of Israel could represent the truth of Exodus 19:5,6.

Cross Reference

Yes, flesh was before Israel but, you are being too literal. The reference here is to the collective and not the individual. No place for the individual here. Not Adam, nor Abraham, not even Moses but only the People of Israel could represent the truth of Exodus 19:5,6.

"I AM the Way, Truth and the Life" . . . "Before Abraham was, "I AM". . . . Jesus.

Notaclue

You are misusing that scripture. Jesus is not a mere man. Tell me, Did Jesus lie? Tell me, did Jesus repent? Tell me, did Jesus say something but then not do it? Or has Jesus spoken and then not make it good?

The verse doesn't say, God is not like a man.

Num.23:19. God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

You are misusing the Scripture!

Heb.5:7. Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; 8Though he were a Son, yet he learned obedience by the things which he suffered; 9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

2Cor.5:20. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

God made him to be sin.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

shall he appear the second time without sin

Jesus knew no sin.

Ps.51:5. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Peace.

Ben Masada

"I AM the Way, Truth and the Life" . . . "Before Abraham was, "I AM". . . . Jesus.

Cross reference, it was due to this blasphemy that a secret was revealed by the Jews who grew up with Jesus. That's what you can read in John 8:41. The amazing revelation that Jesus had been born out of fornication. In fact, according to Josephus thousands of Jews had been born out of rapes by the Romans in Israel only in the First Century. It could be that it was not true of Jesus but, he was reminded of that revelation because of the blasphemy to say that before Abraham was around he already existed. I tend not to believe this because the author of John had zero credibility for being an anti-Jewish Hellenist.

God's Truth

The verse doesn't say, God is not like a man.

You are misusing the Scripture!

Heb.5:7. Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; 8Though he were a Son, yet he learned obedience by the things which he suffered; 9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

2Cor.5:20. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

God made him to be sin.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

shall he appear the second time without sin

Jesus knew no sin.

Ps.51:5. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Peace.

Answer the question.

Did Jesus lie? Did Jesus need to repent for anything?

God's Truth

Jesus knew no sin.

1Tim.2:5. For there is one God, and one mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus:

Is Christ Jesus a man?

Peace.

But you said God is not a man because of this scripture:

So since Jesus is not a man that would lie and repent, how do you ever get that scripture disproves Jesus is God?

Cross Reference

Cross reference, it was due to this blasphemy that a secret was revealed by the Jews who grew up with Jesus. That's what you can read in John 8:41. The amazing revelation that Jesus had been born out of fornication. In fact, according to Josephus thousands of Jews had been born out of rapes by the Romans in Israel only in the First Century. It could be that it was not true of Jesus but, he was reminded of that revelation because of the blasphemy to say that before Abraham was around he already existed. I tend not to believe this because the author of John had zero credibility for being an anti-Jewish Hellenist.

Sorry, Ben. I really don't wish to discuss this with you. Suffice to say that Christ Jesus, though the ages has proven your 'ideas' about Himself to be, wrong. If I were you I would scrap Josephus and stay with the xriptures but wonly with the desire to know Him plus nothing. Guaranteed, He will always reward such a desire.

Cross Reference

Psalm 22:22, Isaiah 8:17-18 Any of this deny the Lord Jesus Christ's humanity? :nono: Any of this deny His deity? :nono:

Does "any of that" declare Jesus to be more than human?? Isa 8:11 makes Him to be on the same level as His "brethren" and for suffering was it necessary that in the end they might be lifted to what would be restored to Him, i.e., glorification.

My question to you has always been the "when" of it all. Seems you are afraid to come against creed doctrine that doesn't explain it either except to word it to death as being a mystery and anyone that goes beyond its dictates is a heretic..

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" 1Tim.2:5 KJV. Sortta says it all, doesn't it?

Now, how is it that that is all needs be written about Him that we might be made as He is . . as He has explained it to us, except our unbelief?

Lon

Does "any of that" declare Jesus to be more than human?? Isa 8:11 makes Him to be on the same level as His "brethren" and for suffering was it necessary that in the end they might be lifted to what would be restored to Him, i.e., glorification.
This all off of one verse where "emptied" is explained as taking on the form of a servant.
"Fully God. Fully man." 100%/100% remember?

My question to you has always been the "when" of it all. Seems you are afraid to come against creed doctrine that doesn't explain it either except to word it to death as being a mystery and anyone that goes beyond its dictates is a heretic..
You really think that 99.9% of Christendom are 'afraid?' :plain: Every cult is a cult because they will not listen, not because they do! :doh: You wouldn't be a cult otherwise! Why is it that cultists always delusionall think the rest of us incredibly intelligent and godly people would be 'afraid' of cultists' information??????? :idunno: Odd that. Delusional too, mine is the position of strength, truth, scriptural substantiation, etc. etc. Even if your church is 300 strong, this is not a quorum.

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" 1Tim.2:5 KJV. Sortta says it all, doesn't it?
Especially if that "one God" is Jesus Christ! :noway: Remember PPS telling you, that you are semi- or full- arian because of your view?

I realize you try to compensate for that, but you are only one verse of scripture truth away from being an unit-arian.
Now, how is it that that is all needs be written about Him that we might be made as He is . . as He has explained it to us, except our unbelief?
If you are going to be made 'as He is' in entirety, then you'd be God of the universe. If that is where your theology wants to take you, you will definitely be going alone, not because of fear, because of being scripturally inept imho. I've no idea why you think you have the high-ground here. :nono: :idunno:

Cross Reference

This all off of one verse where "emptied" is explained as taking on the form of a servant.
"Fully God. Fully man." 100%/100% remember?

If emptied, emptied of what? Half and half doesn't make the cut in redeeming mankind. If God, who, can't ever die nor could He participate in the process, then why a man and wait four thousand years for him to accomplish when there was no need for him? The whole of the OT has your answer you refuse to acknowledge.

You just don't get it that God is after tried and tested, SONS, brought unto glory the same way Jesus, the man, was. Of Himself, God could not perform that which only a man, born of Adam's race could only do. That is why Jesus, is so special. He won the Victory.

You really think that 99.9% of Christendom are 'afraid?' :plain: Every cult is a cult because they will not listen, not because they do! :doh: You wouldn't be a cult otherwise! Why is it that cultists always delusionall think the rest of us incredibly intelligent and godly people would be 'afraid' of cultists' information??????? :idunno: Odd that. Delusional too, mine is the position of strength, truth, scriptural substantiation, etc. etc. Even if your church is 300 strong, this is not a quorum.

Afraid? Know anyone who is anxious to die, even Christians? Get serious. I personally don't believe you understand Jesus, the night before in Gethsemane. What was the agony of it all He went through all about except his fearing He would not be strong enough to go through what had be disclosed to Him? Fear of failing? How 'bout fear of death, the road he would have to travel completely alone as a human being?

Again, Vanity houses the fear of failure; fear of death. Rom 8:20 contains that understanding. Jesus know what vanity was all about. It was part of Adam, right? He conquered it. "If you do well, will you not be accepted". Sound familiar?

Especially if that "one God" is Jesus Christ! :noway: Remember PPS telling you, that you are semi- or full- arian because of your view?

PPS is nowhere in his understanding the message the scriptures contain even with all his condescending scholarly prowess.

I realize you try to compensate for that, but you are only one verse of scripture truth away from being an unit-arian.

Given your non knowledge, why should I receive that from you? You haven't put forth anything I can amen. I don't believe you can.

If you are going to be made 'as He is' in entirety, then you'd be God of the universe.

Has not Jesus Christ been given a Name higher than God's own? Did not God give it to Him? Will this written of Him not come to the full summation of Who He will be in that day:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

If you recall, you offered, absent anything to to think on, an Isaiah passage with regard to this I submitted to you: Hebrews 2:12-16(KJV)

"Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. 
13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. 
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 
15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 
16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham._____

Question: Who do you believe His brothers will be in that day? Who will rule and reign with Jesus? Will not the whole Godhead, in that day, be His possession? Jesus, the glorified human being Who will have my brothers who followed Him to be glorified as He is?

{quote]If that is where your theology wants to take you, you will definitely be going alone, not because of fear, because of being scripturally inept imho. I've no idea why you think you have the high-ground here. :nono: :idunno:

High Ground? Is that what this exchange is all about? You ought to consider the pride within you for you to even suggest that. Fact is, you don't take lightly to having something being discussed you haven't considered. I hope you will repent of that in this.

I am going to ask you a question and I want an answer without equivocation:

Do you believe the sacrifice needed to redeem man had to be more than a "sinless" human being born of Adam's race?

Last edited: