The Word Made Flesh

God's Truth

Nothing about a 'body'.

Jesus was glorified in God's presence with the same glory he had before.

Philippians 3:21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Jesus had a glorious body before coming to earth, and he gave it up for a flesh body to save us.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was glorified in God's presence with the same glory he had before.

Glory is usually associated with light in Scripture and demonstrates GOD's magnificence.

Scripture says nothing about the WORD having a body before creation. Physicality came to be at creation.
Before that.....there was only GOD.

Philippians 3:21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Christ's body was glorified in the resurrection. That is what Phil 3:21 is referring to, as well as the promise to believers that they will be resurrected just like the Lord Jesus was and this corruptible will then put on incorruption, as Paul said.

Jesus had a glorious body before coming to earth, and he gave it up for a flesh body to save us.

Nowhere does Scripture say that.
You made it up or got it from doctrines such as Mormonism.

God's Truth

Glory is usually associated with light in Scripture and demonstrates GOD's magnificence.

Scripture says nothing about the WORD having a body before creation. Physicality came to be at creation.
Before that.....there was only GOD.

Jesus was given a glorious Spiritual resurrected body, and it is the same glory he had before the creation of the world.

God is invisible and made Himself a body, which He would give up to come to earth to die for us.

He is the first born over all creation, then everything was made through him, by him, and for him.

You say there was only God in heaven. Do you mean without Jesus? There are three. Are you saying God was by Himself?

Christ's body was glorified in the resurrection. That is what Phil 3:21 is referring to, as well as the promise to believers that they will be resurrected just like the Lord Jesus was and this corruptible will then put on incorruption, as Paul said.

Nowhere does Scripture say that.
You made it up or got it from doctrines such as Mormonism.
Mormons do not teach that Jesus is God the Father with a body.

If you do not think Jesus had a body before coming to earth in the flesh, how do you think Adam and Eve heard God walking?

Genesis 3:8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

How were we made in God's image if He did not have a body?

Genesis 1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was given a glorious Spiritual resurrected body,

No....the Lord Jesus' body in which lived, died and resurrected is now glorified.

You don't believe in 'redemption' do you.

and it is the same glory he had before the creation of the world.

The glory which the WORD had with the Father before the creation of the world had nothing to do with a 'sarx/body'. It was the shared glory within GOD from forever.

God is invisible and made Himself a body, which He would give up to come to earth to die for us.

GOD is invisible because He is infinite spirit. What finite eye could behold that?

He is the first born over all creation, then everything was made through him, by him, and for him.

The term 'firstborn' in the Scriptures is used for 'preeminence', superiority, headship. When pertaining to Christ, it does not mean 'first created'. JW's believe that made up stuff.

You say there was only God in heaven.

No....I said there was only GOD.
I didn't say anything about heaven.

Heaven is part of creation. GOD was not 'in' heaven before heaven was created....obviously

Do you mean without Jesus? There are three. Are you saying God was by Himself?

There aren't three if the the three are identical(one and the same) as you say. That would be an absolute singularity. The triune GOD is the only sufficient answer to these questions.

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD was GOD.

You are the one who says GOD was by himself.....not me.

Mormons do not teach that Jesus is God the Father with a body.

"As man is, so once was God. As God is, man may become."- Mormon teaching

If you do not think Jesus had a body before coming to earth in the flesh, how do you think Adam and Eve heard God walking?

Genesis 3:8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

That took place after creation, not before. The Angel of YHVH was in the garden and walked and talked with Adam. I believe that this was a temporal manifestation of the preincarnate WORD. Before the incarnation, the proper reference term is 'WORD'. This WORD did not take on the name 'Jesus/Yeshua/salvation' until He put on flesh.

How were we made in God's image if He did not have a body?

The image and likeness of GOD means more than just a body. It means personhood, self-consciousness, self-determination, creativity, verbal communication, love, etc.

Genesis 1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Indeed.

God's Truth

No....the Lord Jesus' body in which lived, died and resurrected is now glorified.

You don't believe in 'redemption' do you.

The glory which the WORD had with the Father before the creation of the world had nothing to do with a 'sarx/body'. It was the shared glory within GOD from forever.

GOD is invisible because He is infinite spirit. What finite eye could behold that?

The term 'firstborn' in the Scriptures is used for 'preeminence', superiority, headship. When pertaining to Christ, it does not mean 'first created'. JW's believe that made up stuff.

No....I said there was only GOD.
I didn't say anything about heaven.

Heaven is part of creation. GOD was not 'in' heaven before heaven was created....obviously

There aren't three if the the three are identical(one and the same) as you say. That would be an absolute singularity. The triune GOD is the only sufficient answer to these questions.

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD was GOD.

You are the one who says GOD was by himself.....not me.

"As man is, so once was God. As God is, man may become."- Mormon teaching

That took place after creation, not before. The Angel of YHVH was in the garden and walked and talked with Adam. I believe that this was a temporal manifestation of the preincarnate WORD. Before the incarnation, the proper reference term is 'WORD'. This WORD did not take on the name 'Jesus/Yeshua/salvation' until He put on flesh.

The image and likeness of GOD means more than just a body. It means personhood, self-consciousness, self-determination, creativity, verbal communication, love, etc.

Indeed.

I have no idea how you think you have disproved anything that I said.

Cross Reference

GOD is infinite Spirit, not limited by 'body' until the incarnation.

The Word, "He was with God and was God". He had form that Moses saw his "hind quarters because no one could look upon His face and live". He was part of the image in which man was made. Image can mean a couple of things. One is form". The other is soul and spirit. That is how God is made up and therefore how man is made up.

Surely you must know that?

Notaclue

Jn.17:1. When Jesus had finished saying these things, he looked upward to heaven and said, “Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, so that your Son may glorify you – 2just as you have given him authority over all humanity, so that he may give eternal life to everyone you have given him. 3Now this is eternal life – that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent. 4I glorified you on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

22And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.

Rev.22:1. Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. 4They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

glorify thou me with thine own self

1Jn.1:5. This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.

God is Light.

They will need no light of lamp(Lamb).

glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Peace.

God's Truth

God is light.

He is invisible.

He lives in unapproachable light.

God is a consuming fire.

Hebrews 12:29 for our "God is a consuming fire."

Jesus is THAT God the Father with a body who came to earth as a Man.

2 Thessalonians 1:7
and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.

Revelation 1:14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

"The Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet are like burnished bronze, says this: ‘I know your deeds..."--Revelation 2:18-19

Who is that fire in Jesus' eyes?

God the Father is inside Jesus.