The Word Made Flesh

Aletheiophile

No such thing as "ingenerate."

No such thing as "timeless" flesh.

No such notional teaching is found in Holy Scripture.

Can't be. Humanity was a creation. Jesus needed both a Father and a mother for His conception. There is more to be said but, lets start there.

I misspoke, or rather I did not think thoroughly before typing. He is not timelessly human. I am referring to Ignatius in using generate and ingenerate. For in his divinity He is ingenerate, and in his humanity he is generate, or created. He became flesh at conception when Mary heard and believed the divine Word. (But not in the same manner that immaterial and material creation is created.)

What I was trying to express when I said timeless human, is that the Logos was always intended to take on flesh. Him becoming man was not a "new" thing. In the mind of God, the Logos would always have become flesh. So it does not represent a change in essential essence, but merely a phenomenological change of The Uncreated entering the created order to make creation compatible with the creator.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What I was trying to express when I said timeless human, is that the Logos was always intended to take on flesh. Him becoming man was not a "new" thing. In the mind of God, the Logos would always have become flesh. So it does not represent a change in essential essence, but merely a phenomenological change of The Uncreated entering the created order to make creation compatible with the creator.

Nice, well said. :thumb:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
One God and one Lord.

The term "god" and the term "lord" are titles. Paul said, "...yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things and we for Him, and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we live." (1 Corinthians 8:6)

However, the Father has given the Son the capability of imparting eternal life, which makes Jesus also God.

There is one God in the same way our nation is one nation, but not one person. You don't comprehend the kingdom of God.

E pluribus unum.

Cross Reference

I misspoke, or rather I did not think thoroughly before typing. He is not timelessly human. I am referring to Ignatius in using generate and ingenerate. For in his divinity He is ingenerate, and in his humanity he is generate, or created. He became flesh at conception when Mary heard and believed the divine Word. (But not in the same manner that immaterial and material creation is created.)

Thank you, however, you still come up short in you understanding if you do not accept the fact that you and I, if in Christ, possess the same uncreated life by our new birth. By that same fact we can conclude the only difference between Jesus and us is we were born in sin, He wasn't. This makes His Divine conception to be the only way for His human existence, i.e., the need for a sinless human sacrifice for man's redemption, nothing else. A sinless being had come into Adam's race from the outside. Everything else Jesus did could have been done by, and many times was done by, anyone God chose. Paul worked this out by his life for our understanding.

Cross Reference

The term "god" and the term "lord" are titles. Paul said, "...yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things and we for Him, and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we live." (1 Corinthians 8:6)

However, the Father has given the Son the capability of imparting eternal life, which makes Jesus also God.

Not yet. All you said did not make Him God. #1 Jesus never imparted eternal life. 2 Eternal life is not imparted but imputed. #3 God trusted Jesus to the utmost in handling His Glory. God witheld nothing from Jesus because of that same trust.

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one" . . John 17:22 (KJV)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
By that same fact we can conclude the only difference between Jesus and us is we were born in sin, He wasn't.

This is not biblical. What Paul said is this: "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because all sinned." (Romans 8:5)

The exception was Jesus. He was born with a carnal mind the same as everyone else but he had the holy Spirit to keep him without spot.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Eternal life is not imparted but imputed.

Not true, imparted means to give, to bestow. Eternal life is a gift, it is imparted.

...as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. (John 17:2)​

Impart means to give. Jesus gives eternal life and is the last to do so. He is the last Adam.

Adam imparted life, he did not impute life.

Cross Reference

This is not biblical. What Paul said is this: "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because all sinned." (Romans 8:5)

The exception was Jesus. He was born with a carnal mind the same as everyone else but he had the holy Spirit to keep him without spot.

I am not going to argue this out with you. You are wrong. Get a dictionary.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Imputed means gift/gifted. Imparted is as a one being qualified to receive.

In Theology: ascribe (righteousness, guilt, etc.) to someone by virtue of a similar quality in another.
"Christ's righteousness has been imputed to us" (Merriam-Webster)

Cross Reference

In Theology: ascribe (righteousness, guilt, etc.) to someone by virtue of a similar quality in another.
"Christ's righteousness has been imputed to us" (Merriam-Webster)

"Christ's righteousness has been imputed, [gifted] to us". I said that. Thanks for agreeing.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Christ's righteousness has been imputed, [gifted] to us". I said that. Thanks for agreeing.

Full Definition of impart

transitive verb

1: to give, convey, or grant from or as if from a store <her experience imparted authority to her words> <the flavor imparted by herbs>

Full Definition of impute

imputedimputing

transitive verb

1: to lay the responsibility or blame for often falsely or unjustly

2: to credit to a person or a cause : attribute <our vices as well as our virtues have been imputed to bodily derangement — B. N. Cardozo>

Aletheiophile

Thank you, however, you still come up short in you understanding if you do not accept the fact that you and I, if in Christ, possess the same uncreated life by our new birth. By that same fact we can conclude the only difference between Jesus and us is we were born in sin, He wasn't. This makes His Divine conception to be the only way for His human existence, i.e., the need for a sinless human sacrifice for man's redemption, nothing else. A sinless being had come into Adam's race from the outside. Everything else Jesus did could have been done by, and many times was done by, anyone God chose. Paul worked this out by his life for our understanding.

Talk more. I think I agree with you, so far I concur with all that you've put forth. Can you elaborate more?