The Wonderful Dispensation of Grace

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
godrulz said:
Ah yes, the Plot filter/glasses. The Plot might sound good on the surface, but it breaks down with sound exegesis, in context, of relevant proof texts. It is too deductive of an approach, rather than inductive. My explanation of James vs Romans fits biblical theology (look at the book as a whole vs systematic theology or proof texts). Each book stands on its own without contradiction or resorting to a rational, dispensationalization away of sound interpretation.
:blabla:

Have you read Things That Differ, by C.R. Stam, as well? If so, what did you think of it?

Oh, wait a minute, you never read The Plot. Nevermind.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:

Have you read Things That Differ, by C.R. Stam, as well? If so, what did you think of it?

I think a deductive theology by any one individual (Stam; Enyart) that is a minority view is suspect.

I have not read it, but would enjoy it and pick out the bones. I think others have critiqued their views. I would not uncritically accept one man's writings.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
godrulz said:
I think a deductive theology by any one individual (Stam; Enyart) that is a minority view is suspect.

I have not read it, but would enjoy it and pick out the bones. I think others have critiqued their views. I would not uncritically accept one man's writings.
:rolleyes:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:

Was that a wink or a smirk? I know it is a lame response, but there are so many better books I want to read. I am reading F.F. Bruce's Paul: Apostle of the Heart Set Free and another book by Cooke on Johannine, biblical theology. Their conservative perspectives make perfect sense with the historical narratives without Mid-Acts presuppositions.

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
The Wonderful Name Which We can be Joined to, by Adoption, in This Day of Salvation

The Wonderful Name Which We can be Joined to, by Adoption, in This Day of Salvation

A secret gnosis is supposed to be given to a pseudo paul, and “presto! -you have a mystery religion which contradicts the Scripture and claims itself as the real truth, the real way, and yet denies the Truth revealed, which is Jesus Christ come in second human being Creation flesh to be the promised Seed of the Woman, and come as the Kinsman to Adam to do the duty of Kinsman and redeem Adam’s family and kingdom back, for the Glory of the Father to indwell as it was in the beginning, before the fall.

And the earth is to be filled, finally, with the “sons of Men“ for whom it was made [Psalm 115:16], but not in Adam's name, but in Israel‘s name, by the Adoption into Him, to inherit forever the dominion which He has ransomed; and whose New Man body was patterned in heaven from the beginning as the True Mercy Seat of God, YHWH the Word, Himself, who is clearly the secret, who was “Hidden in God from the beginning”; as Enoch witnessed, when he saw Him in heaven; and whose name was secret, when He was “concealed in God”; and who was with God and was God; whose revealed Name is called “Wonderful”.

He, alone, is worthy to be called "Wonderful"; -it is idolatry to call an invented doctrine "worthy", which has not one iota of understanding of the Message in the Living Oracles as committed only to the Jews, for teaching, by performing them as "dress rehearsals" for the final performance of all appointed Feasts of YHWH; which were all appointed from the beginning of creation.

All honor and power and glory are His alone.
The "Acceptable Year" speaks directly of His coming to perform the final "Day of Atonement "for all in Adam
, which Day is the second highlight of earth’s history, as His coming in human flesh as the second human being created by the Father to be Kinsman was the greatest highlight of earth’s History, when the angels proclaimed Him as the “Go-Spel” to all Gentiles..

He, in His human being Person of New creation flesh is God’s “Spel” to all Gentiles, as His coming was to be the Light to the Gentiles and to bring Israel, His adopted Namesake people, back to YHWH.

Israel is His second human being name which is revealed to the “Elect”; and the revealing is the true “Knowing”, in intimate connection by being made one in Spirit with Him -joined to the Living Spirit[Christ] by the Spirit of Adoption; which Adoption pertained to "Israel", the seed of Jacob, by the promise given to AbraHAm; and then being given regenerated bodies made in His image to wear forever, for the Glory of the Father to indwell; which is what Adam had, and lost.

And we all lost the son-ship we were created for, in Adam, as his seed, in the same day he ate that evil, defiling fruit, and died in spirit [without remedy, and forever], as “Adam, son of God“, with the glory of the Father indwelling his being.

To “Know Him” is to be born into His Spirit, joined as one in His Living Spirit, which is called the second birth, from above; and He gives us the “Power” to become sons of God by “believing on His name” -His “Wonderful Name”.
The only "Knowing" which will count on the Day of Judgment is being "One Spirit" in His Living Spirit by adoption; for all in adam will be cut off fromt he inheritance forever.

The dispensation of the fullness of times as taught by MAD doctrine is an idol, "self made"which is held higher in the minds of those who follow it than the words of the LORD Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who came in human flesh as Kinsman to be the promised Redeemer; and the doctrine of MAD takes the Glory which rightfully belongs only to the Son of God as our "Champion" our "Husband" [Isyh -Isaiah 59] of earth; who is our "Hero", and who alone came with the Life He, only, had, to give willingly for our Ransom, and our kingdom's ransom, so that we can be sons of God in His name, by adoption, and get the inheritance back, which was prepared for the son of Man from the beginning -which was lost in Adam's yielding to the tempter;

He, the second and only Living Isyh" of this earth, is the "Wonderful" New Thing in the earth which was promised from the Beginning, and His coming in flesh as the Seed of the Woman [Zion above] is the fullfilling of the Oath He made from the beginning.

jeremysdemo

Lighthouse said:

Yes because we all know it about how many books you read, not about treating others according to what Jesus taught.

keep shinin'

jerm :)

lightninboy

Dear drbrumley,

I gave you those questions on February 12. It is now February 16.

How long does it take you to answer true or falses and a couple of essay questions?

If you were knowledgeable about MAD, you should have whipped it off in no time.

Did you swallow MAD without examining it first?

jeremysdemo

I can't speak for him, but I know why I haven't responded to your post:
lightninboy said:
jeremysdemo said:
Jeremy, would you say you are Arminian or Calvinist or what?

You apparently are a jerk.
God bless you, and whatever "spirit" incites you to call people names without cause...
BTW it's not His.

keep shinin'

jerm

lightninboy said:
Dear Jeremy,

I see you are a musician. Did you ever hear of Steve Camp?

The classic English Bible, the KJV, is basically Anglo-Saxon in vocabulary and completely so in structure. But the 1611 translators were not afraid to use some choice Latin-type words, especially in the theological texts: justification, salvation, faith, cross, glory, and propitiation, to name a few.

But this dual origin of English vocabulary occasionally poses a problem. Oddly enough, the most important Gospel word-family in the Greek NT is obscured in English. This is because we translate the Greek verb pisteuo by the Anglo-Saxon word believe, and the related noun pistis by the totally unrelated word faith (from the Latin fides, by way of French).

At least partly due to this lack of similarity, many preachers who are weak on grace are able to maintain that the Greek lying behind one or both of the English words includes a whole possible agenda of works, such as commitment, repentance, perseverance, etc.

Actually, believe and faith, as the Greek shows, are just the verb and the noun for a concept that is really no different in English than in Greek. That concept is taking people at their word, trusting that what they say is true.

In order to clearly demonstrate this fact we would like to take three of the most famous "believe" verses in the NT and re-translate them a little by using the word "faith" to show they are really the same in the original.

First, the best known verse of all, the one Martin Luther called "the Gospel in a nutshell":

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever has faith in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16).
Next, Paul's clear, simple Gospel command to the seeking Philippian jailer:

Put your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved (Acts 16:31).
Third, our Lord's wonderfully gracious promise:

Amen, amen [lit. Greek text] I tell you, whoever hears My word and has faith in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life (John 5:24).
These edited translations should help show that believe and faith really convey the same meaning.

Now let's go in the other direction; let's take three famous "faith" passages and re-translate a bit to bring out the fact that the word in the original is just another form of the "believe" concept.

First, the verse that gives us, not an abstract, but a working definition of faith:

Now believing is the substantiation of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Heb 11:1).
And here is probably the number two Gospel text for grace-believers:

For by grace you have been saved through believing, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast (Eph 2:8-9).
And finally, another verse from that great teacher of salvation by grace through faith, the Apostle Paul:

But to him who does not work but believes [from pisteuo] on Him who justifies the ungodly, his believing [pistis] is accounted for righteousness (Rom 4:5).
Of course, we are not saying that these or any words always have the exact same meaning. Context determines a great deal. For example faith in the NT is sometimes used for the body of truths that we believe, the Christian Faith (e.g., see Jude 3).

No "faith" (religion) gives nearly as much importance to believing the right things as does Christianity. And no wonder! Believing or having faith in Christ grants us salvation. And what we believe about other things--assurance, rewards, grace, etc.--determines how we live our lives every day. What we really believe and what we say we believe are not always the same thing. When we say that people are saved through faith alone in Christ alone, we nevertheless do believe it has to be their genuine faith and not merely a nominal evangelicalism.

God doesn't need our money, works, or resolutions. But He would like to be taken at His word. He doesn't like to be made out to be a liar. Neither do we. God wants to be believed. He wants us to have faith in Him, His Son, and His finished work on the Cross for us. This is the Gospel of grace. It is not based on works, or we might bore the saints with a "bragimony" meeting through all eternity.

Trust me (I mean, believe me): Have faith in Christ and you will be saved!

I would love nothing more to show you how wrong this analysis of the text is and one what levels, but do fear in light of previous conversations it would fall on deaf ears.

keep shinin'

lightninboy

jeremysdemo said:
I would love nothing more to show you how wrong this analysis of the text is and one what levels, but do fear in light of previous conversations it would fall on deaf ears.
keep shinin'
Excuses, excuses.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
lightninboy said:
It seems to me that if Acts 9 dispensationalism is not backed up as true by the Bible, they are losers.

We all likely hold views that are less than biblical. I hope this does not make us all losers. An unbeliever who defiantly rejects God's truth is a loser, perhaps. A fellow believer who is wrestling with biblical interpretation is not a loser.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
lightninboy said:
Okay, I'll change "losers" to "chickens."

Better, but I think they have all tried to give a reasoned defense of their views. Perhaps they feel it is a waste of time to continue lecturing you when you seem arrogant?

lightninboy

godrulz said:
Better, but I think they have all tried to give a reasoned defense of their views. Perhaps they feel it is a waste of time to continue lecturing you when you seem arrogant?
Have I ever backed down?
Let the Bible be the judge.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
godrulz said:
Bingo!

jeremysdemo

lightninboy said:
Excuses, excuses.

It's not an excuse it's obeying the command of Jesus.
He says do not give what is Holy to dogs.
Until you demonstrate behavior to the contrary, you will not be given what you seek by me.

keep shinin'

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
jeremysdemo said:
It's not an excuse it's obeying the command of Jesus.
He says do not give what is Holy to dogs.
Until you demonstrate behavior to the contrary, you will not be given what you seek by me.

keep shinin'

There is nothing holy -sanctified, set apart, about the doctrine of MAD; and some of those whom I have 'met' on this board have not one grain of civility in them, and certainly not anything of the love of the LORD Jesus Christ; and I would fear to meet at least one particular one on freeway in rush hour, as he is of the sort who thinks they are owed all things, as his spirit toward me was that of one who demonstrates 'road rage'. However, he is held in high esteem by those who are here who adhere to MAD doctrine, and if they are not behaving the same as he is, but they approve of his ways, then they hold guilt with his behavior and think they are good sports to behave so!

I have demonstrated that MAD dcotrine is not biblical, and was totally refuted by a book accepted as Scripture and quoted much in the NT by the LORD and by all the NT writers; but truth smacking is not really what this site is about, but smacking at truth and at those who prove MAD doctrinally false when it is presented against MAD is more descriptive. -then there are others who ignore all Truth presented showing their errors as if it has never been said, and go on posting great volumes of false doctrine not connected to the One Way God has given for all men to be perfected in His Son, by the Atonement and adoption into His New Man Spirit.