The Vicarious Life and Death of Christ for the Believer

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In God's eyes Christians are perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. In their own eyes and in the eyes of others they are sinners.
Robert,

In seeking of forgiveness of the Lord for our sins in prayer (e.g., the Lord's Prayer), what exactly is going on? When Peter told Simon to “repent and pray” in order that he might enjoy forgiveness, what is taking place? Simon was not an apostate, so avoid using that as an argument Acts 8:13).

Obviously Peter felt that the wayward brother could be forgiven; otherwise, his admonition is but a mockery. One might as well argue that no Christian ever needs to repent, since the blood of Jesus “continuously cleanses” him of his sin. “Repent” and “pray” are coordinate conditions in Acts 8:22.

Your response?

AMR

john w

Hall of Fame
Spiritually speaking, I can not sin even if I wanted to.

Spin. The bible makes no such satanic, convoluted distinction, as you just did, dementia man. You are either a sinner/lost/child of the devil, or a saint/saved/child of God, and there is no such thing as "sinning physically," but not "spiritually," you demonic, diminished capacity moron. You made up another "doctrine," just fabricated it, winged it.

You said you commit sins. What law did you transgress, since sin is the transgression of the law?

Well, Pate? You assert that the law that defines what sin is, to be able to be transgressed, no longer exists for you/Christians.

Slower, Pate: How can you transgress the law, commit a sin, if there is no law to transgress?

No law, no transgression....Then, how can you commit a transgression/sin?

Are you that intoxicated, in a bad state of dementia, that you cannot see this?

Get help, as Sherman suggested.

You are so intoxicated, you cannot even spell "cannot."

john w

Hall of Fame

I am not under the law, nor am I subject to it because it has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

I am "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, God sees me as perfect and complete "In Christ" Ephesians 2:6.

Irrelevant. You argue:No law, no transgression....Then, how can you commit a transgression/sin,as you assert that you do, if there is no law to transgress, since sin is the transgression of the law?

Your last sin-what law did you transgress, since sin is the transgression of the law?

john w

Hall of Fame
I am not under the law, nor am I subject to it because it has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

If it has been abolished, and sin is the transgression of the law, how can you commit sins, as you say that you do, which are defined by the law, which, again,defines the transgression?

As AMR asked: Are you sinless?

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,

In seeking of forgiveness of the Lord for our sins in prayer (e.g., the Lord's Prayer), what exactly is going on? When Peter told Simon to “repent and pray” in order that he might enjoy forgiveness, what is taking place? Simon was not an apostate, so avoid using that as an argument Acts 8:13).

Obviously Peter felt that the wayward brother could be forgiven; otherwise, his admonition is but a mockery. One might as well argue that no Christian ever needs to repent, since the blood of Jesus “continuously cleanses” him of his sin. “Repent” and “pray” are coordinate conditions in Acts 8:22.

Your response?

AMR

If one is a Christian asking for the forgiveness of sins is for the Christians benefit.

As far as God is concerned that Christian is already...

"Raised up and made to sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" Ephesians 2:6.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
If it has been abolished, and sin is the transgression of the law, how can you commit sins, as you say that you do, which are defined by the law?

As AMR asked: Are you sinless?

Spiritually, in God's eyes I am perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

john w

Hall of Fame
Spiritually, in God's eyes I am perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Evasion. Off topic of your "argument."Dementia. Sin is transgression of the law, as you admit....No law, no transgression, as you admit.

So, if the law has been abolished, and sin is the transgression of the law, how can you commit sins, as you say that you do, which are defined by the law, if the law no longer exists, that defines the sin(s)/transgression(s) committed?
Consult:

https://www.dementiasociety.org/

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If one is a Christian asking for the forgiveness of sins is for the Christians benefit.
In other words, all the teaching of Our Lord concerning prayer arightly constructed is but a façade? God is not actually forgiving our sins based upon the merits of He who became sin for us?

When you enter your prayer closet, is your contrition before God merely a pretense?

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
Evasion. Off topic of your "argument."Dementia. Sin is transgression of the law, as you admit....No law, no transgression, as you admit.

So, if the law has been abolished, and sin is the transgression of the law, how can you commit sins, as you say that you do, which are defined by the law, if the law no longer exists, that defines the sin(s)/transgression(s) committed?
Consult:

https://www.dementiasociety.org/

Try to absorb this, it is very spiritual. You may have a problem with it.

The Christian is both a sinner and a saint at the same time.

Spiritually, he is "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Ephesians 2:6.

Physically, he is "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

If you are not able to differentiate the difference between the spiritual and the physical, you will not understand the Bible

john w

Hall of Fame

The righteous man does not need the law because he lives by faith and the Holy Spirit. But the lawless and disobedient and sinners need the law. I suppose this is why you want to be under it. you need it…..The law was made for sinners,not Christians-1 Timothy 1:9.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?128274-What-Does-God-Require-For-Your-Salvation/page3
Post #32

Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. And then he spoke about his struggle with sin in Romans 7;13-25. We never reach the point where we think that we have arrived. We remain needy sinners, always in need of God's mercy and grace.

As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners, saved sinners, but still sinners. But we have hope. Paul said, "Hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees then why does he hope for it" Romans 8:24. Paul saw himself as a wretched man. He even referred to himself as "carnal sold under sin". But then he had hope that he would be delivered from sin, death and the devil, Romans 8:25.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...nces-of-Unbelief-or-Incorrect-Doctrine/page14

Posts #198, 200, 204......:

Paul is the one that referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. Your problem is that you cannot figure out how one can be a sinner and still be saved. This is because you don't know nor do you understand the Gospel. .... Paul is the one that referred to himself as the "Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. Paul also said, "That in his flesh dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18. Christians are called to live their lives before God as sinners, 1 John 1:8. No one measures up to God's standards. We all come short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.... As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners. We only have the first fruits or the down payment of the Holy Spirit. We are waiting to be delivered from the flesh. See Romans 8:22-27.

Pate says that he is a sinner. Pate says that The law was made for sinners,not Christians, citing 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV.

So, on record, as he accuses me/others of “want to be under it(the law). you need it,” Pate, asserts, on record, since he is a sinner, that he wants to be under the law.

john w

Hall of Fame
Try to absorb this, it is very spiritual. You may have a problem with it.

The Christian is both a sinner and a saint at the same time.

Spiritually, he is "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Ephesians 2:6.

Physically, he is "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

If you are not able to differentiate the difference between the spiritual and the physical, you will not understand the Bible

Spin. The bible makes no such satanic, convoluted distinction, as you just did, dementia man. You are either a sinner/lost/child of the devil, or a saint/saved/child of God, and there is no such thing as "sinning physically," but not "spiritually," you demonic, diminished capacity moron. You made up another "doctrine," just fabricated it, winged it. No such thing, dementia man, as sinning "physically," moron, but not "spiritually." You just made that up, to support your satanic "'Jesus' came to destroy the law as the solution to sin/sins problem, not to die in our place, to pay for the sin debt/IOU as the solution to the sin/sins issue, as the problem is not transgressing the law,creating the sin/transgression, and the resulting sin debt/IOU charged to us, the problem is not us/me, Pate, the problem is the law of God, as it us not perfect/good/holy/just/ spiritual, and is against all of us, not the sin debt/IOU we owe, for breaking that evil law of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!."

And what "the bible" would that be, POPE Pate? The one that you've deleted 3/4 of it?

He won't touch that.

And stuff your moronic, drunken, demon intoxicated interpretation of Paul, when asserting that he was "Chief of Sinners," that means that he considered himself a sinner, after he was saved. No, moron, as others, and I, now point out to you, idiot, Paul was referring to his "pre saved days," making a point, that if the LORD God, could save even him, who blasphemed Him, wasted/murdered the followers of "the way," he was the "prototype" of the pattern of how formerly rotten sinners are saved in this dispensation.

Pate: See!!!! Paul was the worst sinner of all time!!!!He committed more sins than anyone, and was still a sinner, while saved!!!!!!!!! I, POPE Pate, the God hater, will, again, demonically, post one verse in isolation, ignoring the context, and what precedes/follows it, and ignore the double digit # of verses where Paul refers to those justified, as "saints," never sinners.

You wicked deceiver.

Catch that intoxicated slop:"Physically, he is "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15."

=just fabricated slop, like "Jesus is the new Adam....is the New Covenant....We are justified by everything Jesus did................................"

You said you commit sins. What law did you transgress, since sin is the transgression of the law?

Well, Pate? You assert that the law that defines what sin is, to be able to be transgressed, no longer exists for you/Christians.

Slower, Pate: How can you transgress the law, commit a sin, if there is no law to transgress?

No law, no transgression....Then, how can you commit a transgression/sin?

Are you that intoxicated, in a bad state of dementia, that you cannot see this?

Get help, as Sherman suggested.

You are so intoxicated, you cannot even spell "cannot."

Robert Pate

Banned
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?128274-What-Does-God-Require-For-Your-Salvation/page3
Post #32

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...nces-of-Unbelief-or-Incorrect-Doctrine/page14

Posts #198, 200, 204......:

Pate says that he is a sinner. Pate says that The law was made for sinners,not Christians, citing 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV.

So, on record, as he accuses me/others of “want to be under it(the law). you need it,” Pate, asserts, on record, since he is a sinner, that he wants to be under the law.

No, I do not want to be under the law, to be under the law is a curse, Galatians 3:10.

I want to be found "In Christ" Philippians 3:9.

You are the one that is defending the law. I say, thank God it is abolished, Ephesians 2:15.