The Vicarious Life and Death of Christ for the Believer

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert has told us a few times that he dropped out of school in the 8th grade but instead of realizing that his lack of further education has hindered his understanding of logical reasoning and better expression of the english language, he proudly believes he is perfectly expressing his beliefs amid too many contradictions to count.

Another poor blind religious fool that cannot understand or believe the Gospel.

Those that are dull of hearing are those that do not have spiritual ears, instead they have ears that hear things of the flesh.

In the Gospel Jesus comes into the world to perfect our humanity and take it back to heaven. Because of the work of Christ we can stand before God's Holy Court as perfect and complete "In Christ" Hebrews 2:9-11. No law or religion needed.

fishrovmen

Another poor blind religious fool that cannot understand or believe the Gospel.

Those that are dull of hearing are those that do not have spiritual ears, instead they have ears that hear things of the flesh.

In the Gospel Jesus comes into the world to perfect our humanity and take it back to heaven. Because of the work of Christ we can stand before God's Holy Court as perfect and complete "In Christ" Hebrews 2:9-11. No law or religion needed.

Again I ask you to take a poll to see who on TOL believes what you believe.
You refuse because you know that few if any at all do.
Same with the other forums you have been to, you hold some bizarre, confusing unorthodox beliefs that few, if any believe.
That SHOULD give you a clue.

Robert Pate

Banned
Again I ask you to take a poll to see who on TOL believes what you believe.
You refuse because you know that few if any at all do.
Same with the other forums you have been to, you hold some bizarre, confusing unorthodox beliefs that few, if any believe.
That SHOULD give you a clue.

I could care less if anyone believes what I believe. I believe the Bible. The Bible plainly teaches that Christians are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Philippians 3:9. Plus many other scriptures.

You want to believe in religion.

john w

Hall of Fame
I could care less if anyone believes what I believe. I believe the Bible. The Bible plainly teaches that Christians are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Philippians 3:9. Plus many other scriptures.

You want to believe in religion.

You want others to believe this, you wicked devil child:

The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Robert Pate's Possible Choices

Robert Pate's Possible Choices

I could care less if anyone believes what I believe.
Robert,

When everywhere you go you are met with wide dissent, finding yourself outcast, there are a few possibilities to explain the situation:

1. You are mistaken
2. You are a poor communicator such that no one understands what you are claiming
3. You are communicating with the wrong audience, so no one is invested about the topic at hand
4. You refuse to pause and examine yourself enough to discern exactly why you are in such a state of affairs
5. You think yourself to be in possession of truths heretofore undiscovered or forgotten
6. You possess limited knowledge about what you are asserting
7. You do not understand what your interlocutors are laying at the feet of your arguments
8. You do not take the time to understand your interlocutors and respond accordingly
9. You are a fanatic, having forgotten your original aim and are just redoubling your efforts while living in your own personal echo chamber
10. You have some mental, cognitive, medical deficiencies
11. Everyone else is mistaken and you have been anointed as a Prophet of God to call others to repentance

Which is it for you, Robert? Multiple choices are permitted. ;) I would start a poll on the matter but, fortunately for you, that would be out of bounds for this site.

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,

When everywhere you go you are met with wide dissent, finding yourself outcast, there are a few possibilities to explain the situation:

1. You are mistaken
2. You are a poor communicator such that no one understands what you are claiming
3. You are communicating with the wrong audience, so no one is invested about the topic at hand
4. You refuse to pause and examine yourself enough to discern exactly why you are in such a state of affairs
5. You think yourself to be in possession of truths heretofore undiscovered or forgotten
6. You possess limited knowledge about what you are asserting
7. You do not understand what your interlocutors are laying at the feet of your arguments
8. You do not take the time to understand your interlocutors and respond accordingly
9. You are a fanatic, having forgotten your original aim and are just redoubling your efforts while living in your own personal echo chamber
10. You have some mental, cognitive, medical deficiencies
11. Everyone else is mistaken and you have been anointed as a Prophet of God to call others to repentance

Which is it for you, Robert? Multiple choices are permitted. ;) I would start a poll on the matter but, fortunately for you, that would be out of bounds for this site.

AMR

You are part of the get rid of Pate team. I don't measure my success by my popularity as you do. As a matter of fact I measure my success by the opposition that I receive. The Gospel and justification by faith is not a popular thing to teach.

You, like many others, don't like the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

You apparently find the Gospel to be offensive to your religion, which it should be. Your problem is not really with me. Your problem is with the word of God that I uphold and teach.

You don't have the truth. What you have is religion. You think that salvation is all about you. Its not about you who is a sinner, its about Jesus Christ the righteous. Jesus is the Christians righteousness, not your stupid religion.

Predestination is offensive to the Gospel and is blasphemy against God and his Son Jesus Christ. But you will have to find that out in the judgment when you and the likes of you disappear in a puff of smoke.

Robert Pate

Banned
You want others to believe this, you wicked devil child:

Here is some scripture for you to read. The more you reject God's word the more lost you become.

"And be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness, WHICH IS OF GOD BY FAITH" Philippians 3:9.

Another nail in your spiritual casket.

john w

Hall of Fame
Here is some scripture for you to read. The more you reject God's word the more lost you become.

"And be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness, WHICH IS OF GOD BY FAITH" Philippians 3:9.

God's word, you slurr, drunken one? The one which you attempted to delete 3/4 of it, satanic pawn?

Irrelevant, dementia man, to your "argument" that the law of God, and Genesis-Revelation, no longer exists.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame

God's word, you slurr, drunken one? The one which you attempted to delete 3/4 of it, satanic pawn?

Irrelevant, dementia man, to your "argument" that the law of God, and Genesis-Revelation, no longer exists.

Pate-on record, rejects the righteousness of God, which is why, he has deleted words from this scripture:

Romans 3:21 KJV

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

666 Pate/devil Romans 3:21

But now the righteousness of God with the law is manifested.

=delete being witnessed by the law and the prophets, as he attempts to abolish the law and prophets, the same law and prophets that testify to the Saviour, since he is a Christ rejector.

All you can think about is the law, because the law is your Jesus and your religion.

Nice sound byte, satanist:

Luke 24:44 KJV

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

John 5:39 KJV

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Psalm 40:7 KJV

Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

Hebrews 10:7 KJV

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Pate, to this fake "Jesus" of his:All you can think about is the law,this "volume of the book," because the law is your God the Father, and your religion.Here is the bird, "Jesus," as Genesis-John has been abolished, so that I can help prevent the law and the profits from testifying about you, and hide the righteousness of God, to which the law and prophets witness.

You wicked devil child:

john w

Hall of Fame
You are part of the get rid of Pate team.

The old "wounded soul routine." Let's get our hankies out. No, members of the boc hate wolves, children of the devil, and you are rejected by the mods, members of the boc, for your satanism, doctrine of demons.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As a matter of fact I measure my success by the opposition that I receive.
Robert,

By that metric, you, Arius, Nestorius, Apollinaris, Mani, Pelagius, Pol Pot, Adolf Hitler, Idi Amin, and many others are quite, er, successful. All of which is to say, you have lost your mind somewhere along the path you are walking in this self-delusion you maintain.

You are part of the get rid of Pate team.
Exactly whom do you consider as members of this team? Why the persecution complex? Seriously consider the reasons for your current state of affairs: http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?p=5219009#post5219009

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,

By that metric, you, Arius, Nestorius, Apollinaris, Mani, Pelagius, Pol Pot, Adolf Hitler, Idi Amin, and many others are quite, er, successful. All of which is to say, you have lost your mind somewhere along the path you are walking in this self-delusion you maintain.

Exactly whom do you consider as members of this team? Why the persecution complex? Seriously consider the reasons for your current state of affairs: http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?p=5219009#post5219009

AMR

All of the TV preachers were also very popular, many still are. They, like you, tell people what they want to hear.

The Gospel and justification have never been popular. Calvinism is very popular, people just love the idea that they are one of the chosen ones.

Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" He was speaking of the strait gate, Matthew 7:14. You and many other religious people are on the broad way that leads to destruction. But you won't find that out until it is to late.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Robert,

AMR

All of the TV preachers were also very popular, many still are. They, like you, tell people what they want to hear.

The Gospel and justification have never been popular. Calvinism is very popular, people just love the idea that they are one of the chosen ones.

Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" He was speaking of the strait gate, Matthew 7:14. You and many other religious people are on the broad way that leads to destruction. But you won't find that out until it is to late.

Will you be answering my question above, Robert?

AMR

john w

Hall of Fame
Devil child Pate asserts, on record, that the Saviour did not die for our sin debt/IOU, paying our debt, in our place, as the solution, and, instead, asserts, on record, that this "Jesus" is an incompetent, impotent fool,UNABLE TO DIE FOR ALL OF OUR SINS, future sins, as is God the Father, for even sending Him to die, as devil child Pate's "solution" to the sin/sins problem, is to eliminate the law that defines the sin/transgression, thus, "presto," there is no offense/transgression/sin for which to die, instead of the Saviour dying for our future sin debt. Do you all "get that," TOL audience? That, in simple terms, is this satanist "argument," breaking it down. Again, Pate asserts that the solution to the sin/sins issue, is not that the Saviour died for our sin debt in the future, which is contrary to us, for breaking the LORD God's perfect,good, holy,just, spiritual law, and a reflection of His character to both the saved and lost, and not that we are the problem, but the problem is with the law, as it is not perfect, it is not good, it is not holy, it is not spiritual, as laws against murder, rape, lying, stealing......are all contrary to us, so, instead of the Saviour dying in our place, to satisfy the debt/IOU, abolish the law, so that there is no offense/transgression/sin for which He should die, and thus abolish the Saviour's work, as Pate asserts that the Saviour DID NOT DIE FOR OUR FUTURE SINS, SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DIE, for our future sins/sin debt. Thus, Pate asserts he died in vain, for nothing, as his "solution" is to abolish/eliminate/destroy/make void the law, so that there is no future sin/transgression/offense, and associated/corresponding wage/sin debt to be paid for.

Again-Pate-Christ died in vain.

Mayor STP:"It's not that complicated."

john w

Hall of Fame
Pate argues that the solution to the sins issue, is not Christ dying for our sins, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, to blot out/wipe out/pay for the sin debt, both past/future, "man's IOU" for breaking the good, holy, spiritual law of God, per Paul, in Romans 7, which Paul asserts is not void, as the problem is not with man, but with the God's law, as he asserts that it is not perfect, it is not good, it is not holy, it is not just, it is not spiritual, as it is the law, that is contrary/against us, according to Pate, those troublesome prohibitions against murder, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery, lying......and not the sin debt/IOU that is contrary to/against us; Again, Pate denies that the sin debt/IOU is contrary/ against us, as He asserts that God's laws against murder, lying, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery,......................................are contrary/against us, are not for our benefit, are not good, not holy, not spiritual; His "solution" is for the LORD God to destroy/abolish/make void the law, so there is no offense to break, in the future, not Christ dying for our sins, He paying the debt/IOU for us, in our place.

Thus, Pate, on record, asserts that Christ died in vain, there was no reason to die, as He did not need to die to pay our IOU/sin debt, as all the LORD God had to do, was destroy/abolish/make void/eliminate the law, so there would not be a sin debt/IOU. Thus, he then,like the devil attempts to ...

Delete "the handwriting of ordinances" of Colossians 2:14 KJV, replacing it with "law/ordinances," thus perverting, corrupting the scriptures, making it look like Paul says that Christ blotted out, made void, the law/ordinances, making it look like Paul is saying that the law/ordinances are contrary/against us, not for our benefit, instead of Paul saying that the sin debt/IOU was blotted out, as that is what is contrary to us, against us, as Paul asserts that the law is perfect, good, holy, just, spiritual, not void, in Romans 11, and the problem is with man, and the sin debt/IOU for breaking a good, holy, spiritual law, not the law itself.

Pate says the opposite, asserting that the problem is with the law, as it is not prefect/good/holy/spiritual,as he asserts that it causes us to sin, as it is sin, and the problem is not with man/him, and he asserts that the solution is to assert that Christ came to destroy/abolish/blot out the law, not to die for man's breaking the good, holy, spiritual, law of God.

The "secular" example of Pate's "reasoning::

Pate gets a speeding ticket. He goes to court, and, in front of the judge...

Pate:Judge, I demand that you abolish/destroy the law against speeding. It is not a good law, because I/others cannot keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This law is not for my benefit, or society's-it is contrary to/against me/society!!!!!!!!!! Abolish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And, if you do not abolish it, it automatically condemns me, judges me, as guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The judge: No, the laws are good, and are for everyone's benefit, including yours. They are not against you, are not contrary to you, they are not against society, they are not contrary to society, -they stand. The problem is with you/others breaking these good laws, and the debt you/others must pay for these offenses(sins) you committed. That is what is contrary to/against you/others. Pay the fine. The law cannot condemn you, just because it is in place.

Pate: No!!!!! Abolish the law!!!!!!!

The judge: Either pay the fine, or go to jail-the law stands.

Pate: No!!!!The laws are not good-they are the problem, not me!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Tell you what, Pate. Someone just paid your fine/debt/IOU(sin, offense, transgression) on your behalf. Justice is served. You are free to go(Christ died for our sins....paying the sin debt, IOU)

Pate: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That person need not have paid my fine/debt!!!!!(Christ need not die to pay the sin debt/IOU). The solution is to abolish, destroy, make void, the laws against speeding(fill in the blank), so that we will not have to "do" these laws, obey them, and the solution is not the fine being satisfied(Christ-propitiation)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Lock up this man for dementia, contempt of court, lunacy-put him in a straight jacket.

And now, in wickedness, attempt to delete Genesis-John. You will lose, demon:

Matthew 24:35 KJV Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

1 Peter KJV
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate argues that the solution to the sins issue, is not Christ dying for our sins, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, to blot out/wipe out/pay for the sin debt, both past/future, "man's IOU" for breaking the good, holy, spiritual law of God, per Paul, in Romans 7, which Paul asserts is not void, as the problem is not with man, but with the God's law, as he asserts that it is not perfect, it is not good, it is not holy, it is not just, it is not spiritual, as it is the law, that is contrary/against us, according to Pate, those troublesome prohibitions against murder, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery, lying......and not the sin debt/IOU that is contrary to/against us; Again, Pate denies that the sin debt/IOU is contrary/ against us, as He asserts that God's laws against murder, lying, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery,......................................are contrary/against us, are not for our benefit, are not good, not holy, not spiritual; His "solution" is for the LORD God to destroy/abolish/make void the law, so there is no offense to break, in the future, not Christ dying for our sins, He paying the debt/IOU for us, in our place.

Thus, Pate, on record, asserts that Christ died in vain, there was no reason to die, as He did not need to die to pay our IOU/sin debt, as all the LORD God had to do, was destroy/abolish/make void/eliminate the law, so there would not be a sin debt/IOU. Thus, he then,like the devil attempts to ...

Delete "the handwriting of ordinances" of Colossians 2:14 KJV, replacing it with "law/ordinances," thus perverting, corrupting the scriptures, making it look like Paul says that Christ blotted out, made void, the law/ordinances, making it look like Paul is saying that the law/ordinances are contrary/against us, not for our benefit, instead of Paul saying that the sin debt/IOU was blotted out, as that is what is contrary to us, against us, as Paul asserts that the law is perfect, good, holy, just, spiritual, not void, in Romans 11, and the problem is with man, and the sin debt/IOU for breaking a good, holy, spiritual law, not the law itself.

Pate says the opposite, asserting that the problem is with the law, as it is not prefect/good/holy/spiritual,as he asserts that it causes us to sin, as it is sin, and the problem is not with man/him, and he asserts that the solution is to assert that Christ came to destroy/abolish/blot out the law, not to die for man's breaking the good, holy, spiritual, law of God.

The "secular" example of Pate's "reasoning::

Pate gets a speeding ticket. He goes to court, and, in front of the judge...

Pate:Judge, I demand that you abolish/destroy the law against speeding. It is not a good law, because I/others cannot keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This law is not for my benefit, or society's-it is contrary to/against me/society!!!!!!!!!! Abolish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And, if you do not abolish it, it automatically condemns me, judges me, as guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The judge: No, the laws are good, and are for everyone's benefit, including yours. They are not against you, are not contrary to you, they are not against society, they are not contrary to society, -they stand. The problem is with you/others breaking these good laws, and the debt you/others must pay for these offenses(sins) you committed. That is what is contrary to/against you/others. Pay the fine. The law cannot condemn you, just because it is in place.

Pate: No!!!!! Abolish the law!!!!!!!

The judge: Either pay the fine, or go to jail-the law stands.

Pate: No!!!!The laws are not good-they are the problem, not me!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Tell you what, Pate. Someone just paid your fine/debt/IOU(sin, offense, transgression) on your behalf. Justice is served. You are free to go(Christ died for our sins....paying the sin debt, IOU)

Pate: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That person need not have paid my fine/debt!!!!!(Christ need not die to pay the sin debt/IOU). The solution is to abolish, destroy, make void, the laws against speeding(fill in the blank), so that we will not have to "do" these laws, obey them, and the solution is not the fine being satisfied(Christ-propitiation)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Lock up this man for dementia, contempt of court, lunacy-put him in a straight jacket.

And now, in wickedness, attempt to delete Genesis-John. You will lose, demon:

Matthew 24:35 KJV Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

1 Peter KJV
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Little to no scripture, but plenty of hot air.

john w

Hall of Fame
Little to no scripture, but plenty of hot air.

Spam. And that is all this demon has, as he says that to everyone, and when shown scripture, he deletes it,adds words to it, removes verses preceding the scripture he just spams, and after it, posting verses in isolation, and deletes 3/4 of the book.

You Christ rejecting, bible hating demon.

Devil child Pate asserts, on record, that the Saviour did not die for our sin debt/IOU, paying our debt, in our place, as the solution, and, instead, asserts, on record, that this "Jesus" is an incompetent, impotent fool,UNABLE TO DIE FOR ALL OF OUR SINS, future sins, as is God the Father, for even sending Him to die, as devil child Pate's "solution" to the sin/sins problem, is to eliminate the law that defines the sin/transgression, thus, "presto," there is no offense/transgression/sin for which to die, instead of the Saviour dying for our future sin debt. Do you all "get that," TOL audience? That, in simple terms, is this satanist "argument," breaking it down. Again, Pate asserts that the solution to the sin/sins issue, is not that the Saviour died for our sin debt in the future, which is contrary to us, for breaking the LORD God's perfect,good, holy,just, spiritual law, and a reflection of His character to both the saved and lost, and not that we are the problem, but the problem is with the law, as it is not perfect, it is not good, it is not holy, it is not spiritual, as laws against murder, rape, lying, stealing......are all contrary to us, so, instead of the Saviour dying in our place, to satisfy the debt/IOU, abolish the law, so that there is no offense/transgression/sin for which He should die, and thus abolish the Saviour's work, as Pate asserts that the Saviour DID NOT DIE FOR OUR FUTURE SINS, SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DIE, for our future sins/sin debt. Thus, Pate asserts he died in vain, for nothing, as his "solution" is to abolish/eliminate/destroy/make void the law, so that there is no future sin/transgression/offense, and associated/corresponding wage/sin debt to be paid for.

Again-Pate-Christ died in vain.

Robert Pate

Banned
Here is something that you can have faith and believe in, and there is plenty of scripture to back it up. I learned this doctrine from a group of Christian scholars back in the 70's. It changed the way that I believed. I was very religious. All of my religious chains fell off when I learned this and I became God's free man in Jesus Christ.

All that Jesus Christ is and all that Jesus Christ has done is ours by faith.

Jesus Christ is God's great free gift for all of humanity. Not only is salvation a free gift from God that cannot be earned, deserved or imposed, Jesus himself is also God's great free gift.

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with him in glory" Colossians 3:4.

Christ is our life. Our real life is at the right hand of God in heaven. It is the life that has been made perfect through suffering, Hebrews 2:10 and will make us perfect through his suffering.

"Therefore as by the offense of one (Adam) judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) THE FREE GIFT came upon all men unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

When Jesus lived, we lived in him.

When Jesus died, we died with him.

When Jesus arose from the dead, we arose with him.

When Jesus ascended into heaven, we ascended with him.

The vicarious life and death of Christ was such a reality to Paul that Paul screamed out at the legalistic Galatians, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live" Galatians 2:20.

The old Adamic Paul had been put to death in Jesus Christ, and a new born again Paul had been resurrected in Jesus Christ.

"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection" Romans 6:5.

We are in the likeness of his resurrection because we have been born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23. The new man in Christ is no longer concerned about sin, because he believes that his sins have been atoned for. The new man in Christ is not religious because he believes that he is complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

The vicarious death of Christ is spelled out for us in 2 Corinthians 5:21.

"For he (God) has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him".

Jesus in our name and on our behalf becomes sin for us. We are indeed in some very deep water here. How did Jesus become sin for us? While Jesus was hanging on the cross God took all of the sins of the world and our sins and put them on Jesus, 1 John 2:2. "He that knew no sin became sin for us". When God saw the sins of the world on Jesus, God put him to death. The sins of the whole world have been atoned for.

The holy righteous life of Jesus has been lived for us. It is the life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. Jesus has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. We now stand as complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

"And has raised us up together and has made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" Ephesians 2:6.

When Jesus entered into heaven, spiritually, we entered in heaven with him. Our salvation is in a very safe place. No one can steal it. No one can pervert it. It is our inheritance that is incorruptible and undefiled and that cannot fade away, reserved for you in heaven, 1 Peter 1:4.