The Vicarious Life and Death of Christ for the Believer

Robert Pate

Banned
No. But great and appropriate verse. It does not say what you communicated.

You have the freedom to believe whatever you want to about Jesus.

I believe that in him dwelt all of the fullness of the Godhead and that he was God's law incarnate in human flesh.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, I do not want to be under the law, to be under the law is a curse, Galatians 3:10.

I want to be found "In Christ" Philippians 3:9.

You are the one that is defending the law. I say, thank God it is abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Evasion. Dementia. Misdirection, as he will not defend, cannot defend, his dementia induced "logic."

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...alvation/page3
Post #32

Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. And then he spoke about his struggle with sin in Romans 7;13-25. We never reach the point where we think that we have arrived. We remain needy sinners, always in need of God's mercy and grace.

As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners, saved sinners, but still sinners. But we have hope. Paul said, "Hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees then why does he hope for it" Romans 8:24. Paul saw himself as a wretched man. He even referred to himself as "carnal sold under sin". But then he had hope that he would be delivered from sin, death and the devil, Romans 8:25.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...octrine/page14

Posts #198, 200, 204......:

Paul is the one that referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. Your problem is that you cannot figure out how one can be a sinner and still be saved. This is because you don't know nor do you understand the Gospel. .... Paul is the one that referred to himself as the "Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. Paul also said, "That in his flesh dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18. Christians are called to live their lives before God as sinners, 1 John 1:8. No one measures up to God's standards. We all come short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.... As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners. We only have the first fruits or the down payment of the Holy Spirit. We are waiting to be delivered from the flesh. See Romans 8:22-27.

Pate says that he is a sinner. Pate says that The law was made for sinners,not Christians, citing 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV.

So, on record, as he accuses me/others of “want to be under it(the law). you need it,” Pate, asserts, on record, since he is a sinner, that he wants to be under the law.
I say, thank God it is abolished,

Well, intoxicated one, if sin is transgression of the law, and where there is no law, there is no transgression, and the law is abolished, how can commit a sin/transgression?

The dementia man will not give TOL a rational, cognitive answer.

Watch....just irrelevant spam, changing the subject, dementia induced slop....
we are sinners. We only have the first fruits or the down payment of the Holy Spirit. We are waiting to be delivered from the flesh. See Romans 8:22-27.

In his convoluted logic, we are only saints, if we are in our new bodies, out of the flesh. He confuses redemption of the body, with being redeemed spiritually. He just wings things, makes them up, on the fly, and spams away, not having studied the bible, in decades.

Just cavalier slop, from this wolf.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I believe that in him dwelt all of the fullness of the Godhead and that he was God's law incarnate in human flesh.

That is not what I believe. I believe that all the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form. But that is not what you said. I do not believe what you said.

Robert Pate

Banned
That is not what I believe. I believe that all the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form. But that is not what you said. I do not believe what you said.

So, I left out bodily form. You think that makes Jesus less than God?

Robert Pate

Banned
Evasion. Dementia. Misdirection, as he will not defend, cannot defend, his dementia induced "logic."

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...alvation/page3
Post #32

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. And then he spoke about his struggle with sin in Romans 7;13-25. We never reach the point where we think that we have arrived. We remain needy sinners, always in need of God's mercy and grace.

As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners, saved sinners, but still sinners. But we have hope. Paul said, "Hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees then why does he hope for it" Romans 8:24. Paul saw himself as a wretched man. He even referred to himself as "carnal sold under sin". But then he had hope that he would be delivered from sin, death and the devil, Romans 8:25.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...octrine/page14

Posts #198, 200, 204......:

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
Paul is the one that referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. Your problem is that you cannot figure out how one can be a sinner and still be saved. This is because you don't know nor do you understand the Gospel. .... Paul is the one that referred to himself as the "Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. Paul also said, "That in his flesh dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18. Christians are called to live their lives before God as sinners, 1 John 1:8. No one measures up to God's standards. We all come short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.... As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners. We only have the first fruits or the down payment of the Holy Spirit. We are waiting to be delivered from the flesh. See Romans 8:22-27.

Pate says that he is a sinner. Pate says that The law was made for sinners,not Christians, citing 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV.

So, on record, as he accuses me/others of “want to be under it(the law). you need it,” Pate, asserts, on record, since he is a sinner, that he wants to be under the law.

Well, intoxicated one, if sin is transgression of the law, and where there is no law, there is no transgression, and the law is abolished, how can commit a sin/transgression?

The dementia man will not give TOL a rational, cognitive answer.

Watch....just irrelevant spam, changing the subject, dementia induced slop....

You are becoming repetitious and boring.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh, Romans 3:21.

Catch that? As I predicted...he just makes up biblical phrases. Add "Jesus was God's law incarnate," to "Jesus is the new Adam...Jesus is the New Covenant....Everything Jesus did was for us, including eating, sleeping, yawning,............."

You are a diminished capacity troll, and poser.

Get off this site, as even the mods, who are not my best friends, think you need help, dementia man.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh, Romans 3:21.

Matthew 5:17 KJV Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Your "Jesus," as you change scripture:

POPE Pate version of Matthew 5:17 KJV Think that I am come to destroy the law, and the prophets: I am come to destroy the law and the prophets.

Romans 3:31 KJV Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

POPE Pate version of Romans 3:31 KJV...
listen to Paul,

Do we then make void the law through faith?: yea, and we abolish the law.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Huh?

:AMR1:

Our Lord was fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second subsistence of the Trinity assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused.

One can best understand this mystical union (together united in one distinguishable subsistence) by examining what it is not, thus from the process of elimination determine what it must be. If you want to go beyond these boundaries, then choose one of the heresies therein.

The mystical union of the divine and human natures of Our Lord is not:

1. a denial that our Lord was truly God (Ebionites, Elkasites, Arians);
2. a dissimilar or different substance (anomoios) with the Father (semi-Arianism);
3. a denial that our Lord had a genuine human soul (Apollinarians);
4. a denial of a distinct subsistence in the Trinity (Dynamic Monarchianism);
5. God acting merely in the forms of the Son and Spirit (Modalistic Monarchianism/Sabellianism/United Pentecostal Church);
6. a mixture or change when the two natures were united (Eutychianism/Monophysitism);
7. two distinct subsistences (often called persons) (Nestorianism);
8. a denial of the true humanity of Christ (docetism);
9. a view that God the Son laid aside all or some of His divine attributes (kenoticism);
10. a view that there was a communication of the attributes between the divine and human natures (Lutheranism, with respect to the Lord's Supper); and
11. a view that our Lord existed independently as a human before God entered His body (Adoptionism).

AMR

john w

Hall of Fame
One of the slick tricks of a heretic is to substitute a scripture in the place of the one quoted.

Congratulations, you are now in the same class as John W.

Funny, scripture deleter:

Colossians 2 KJV
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Colossians 2 KJV
14 Blotting out the ordinances/law that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

He deletes "handwriting of ordinances," replaces it with "the ordinances/law."

Statement: The $2 bill of the US was cancelled.

Pate's devious corruption: The US was cancelled.

He deletes:

Psalm 111:7-8 (KJV)
7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

He deletes 3/4 of the bible:

The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished.

You satanic troll.

Last edited:

musterion

If Christ was the Law in human flesh...

...and if the purpose of the Law was not to save...

...then...

Nope, not even gonna say it.

I'm tellin' ya, Pate had a good game going for years but he can NOT be anything but a troll who has run out of material.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Huh?

:AMR1:

Our Lord was fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second subsistence of the Trinity assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused.

One can best understand this mystical union (together united in one distinguishable subsistence) by examining what it is not, thus from the process of elimination determine what it must be. If you want to go beyond these boundaries, then choose one of the heresies therein.

The mystical union of the divine and human natures of Our Lord is not:

1. a denial that our Lord was truly God (Ebionites, Elkasites, Arians);
2. a dissimilar or different substance (anomoios) with the Father (semi-Arianism);
3. a denial that our Lord had a genuine human soul (Apollinarians);
4. a denial of a distinct subsistence in the Trinity (Dynamic Monarchianism);
5. God acting merely in the forms of the Son and Spirit (Modalistic Monarchianism/Sabellianism/United Pentecostal Church);
6. a mixture or change when the two natures were united (Eutychianism/Monophysitism);
7. two distinct subsistences (often called persons) (Nestorianism);
8. a denial of the true humanity of Christ (docetism);
9. a view that God the Son laid aside all or some of His divine attributes (kenoticism);
10. a view that there was a communication of the attributes between the divine and human natures (Lutheranism, with respect to the Lord's Supper); and
11. a view that our Lord existed independently as a human before God entered His body (Adoptionism).

AMR

I am not Trinitarian and I do not believe any of these. I do not believe the Trinity. I do not believe in the Trinity. No Triunity. No Trinity doctrine.

john w

Hall of Fame

Yes, demon, like you are free to believe that the Lord Jesus Christ came to destroy the law, and that we are free to believe that the OT has been abolished-poof...gone:

The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished.

John 5:39 KJV Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

The Saviour was referring to the OT, and Pate, in demonism, shakes his fist at the Saviour, and blasphemes Him, by asserting: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The OT scriptures, Genesis-Malachi, and Mt.-John, up until the death of "Jesus," ARE ABOLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!What are you talking about, "Jesus?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john w

Hall of Fame
John, he's just making it up as he goes along now, throwing out random soundbites, hoping something sticks. There's no "there" there.

Yes, musty...I'm in the financial services industry, and dementia/diminished capacity is a growing problem. If he had an account at my firm, we would insist on him establishing a Power Of Attorney, or establishing a guardianship account, and order him a year's worth of straight jackets.

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is."-Slick Willy

musterion

Pate will pull a Norman with that question.

6a0133ed0b30dc970b01a3fd33470d970b-800wi

fishrovmen

See that, everyone? Pate equates the Law of God with the law of sin, even though Romans 7:7.

Either he's insane or he's a troll having fun with us.

Robert has told us a few times that he dropped out of school in the 8th grade but instead of realizing that his lack of further education has hindered his understanding of logical reasoning and better expression of the english language, he proudly believes he is perfectly expressing his beliefs amid too many contradictions to count.