The True Gospel of Jesus Christ and the False Gospel of John Calvin

Letsargue

The unbeliever will never seek God's righteousness:

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Mark 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Mark 7:22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
Mark 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Romans 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Romans 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

God must act, Robert, to replace the heart of stone of the lost person. If He did not act, no one would seek after Him. You call this action of God "forcing" in your denial of the total inability of the lost to choose wisely. I call this mercy beyond measure that grants the person so changed, faith.

AMR

THAT'S Not What GOD Said!!!!!!!
God Said what you have written in one place there, about "YOU" ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( Romans 3:10-12 KJV )+plus!!!

"There Is None // NONE // "N-O-N-E", -- "NO NOT O-N-E"!!!!!!!!! - Now - How does that Count YOU???????????? ----- Genius!!!!????

But none of you care what God does SAY!!!!!!!!!!!

(( Watch Y-O-U-R NEWS ))!!!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 122915

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Let's hear a good "Testimony" from a Calvinist, of how they came to
the knowledge that they were one of the elect? Was it a feeling,
or was it something else? Did they wake up one morning and realize it?

Tell us how you KNEW?

Dialogos

There is no good news in John Calvin's Gospel. In John Calvin's Gospel it does not matter whether or not you believe in Jesus.
:nono:

This is a lie, and you know it is a lie because I've told you multiple times before that it is a lie.

Stop lying.

Pate said:
In the false Gospel of John Calvin only "Some Special Persons" (Cannons of Dort) are predestinated to eternal life. The rest are condemned to hell for no reason other than they were not one of the lucky ones.

This is your second lie.

The reprobate are condemned to hell because they are sinners who fall short of God's glory.

I'm sure there are more but I'm tired of pointing them out only for you to ignore them.....

Letsargue

The Calvinist God isn't the God of the Bible.

What about the Baptist god, the Catholic god, or any other - g-o-d, that is Not CHRIST??

( Isaiah 9:6 KJV ) -- 6- "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and ( "His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, "The Mighty God", The "Everlasting Father", The Prince of Peace". --///------- Prince A-N-D Father???? ----- What?????????????

(( Watch Your News ))!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 122915

Robert Pate

Banned

This is a lie, and you know it is a lie because I've told you multiple times before that it is a lie.

Stop lying.

This is your second lie.

The reprobate are condemned to hell because they are sinners who fall short of God's glory.

I'm sure there are more but I'm tired of pointing them out only for you to ignore them.....

No one will be going to hell because they are sinners.

They will be going to hell because they do not believe on the one whom God has sent.

I haven't seen a Calvinist yet that has saving faith in Christ.

Dialogos

Ahem....

Romans 6:23

Pate said:
They will be going to hell because they do not believe on the one whom God has sent.
And by not believing, they then stand before God to be judged by what they have done (Rev 20:13), and those who stand before God unclothed by the righteousness of Christ receive hell, the just punishment for a life of sin.

genuineoriginal

People that will go to hell will be going because they are sinners.

Exodus 32:33
33 And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.​

Revelation 20:15
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.​

genuineoriginal

I haven't seen a Calvinist yet that has saving faith in Christ.
Many Calvinists have a saving faith, as shown by this teaching from R.C. Sproul
_____
Practicing Righteousness
. . .
If God is truly our Father we will not make a practice of sinning (v. 9).

We may forget who we are and sin, but our lives will not be dominated by unrighteousness if we are in Christ. This does not mean that we will not face particular temptations or even have sins that beset us at times. It does not mean we will be conformed perfectly to Christ in this life, for not until we see Him will we be like Him (v. 2). Still, we must recognize that John is teaching us that the life to come can be lived now. Sin will not define the life of the believer; on the whole, we will walk in the light, not in the darkness (1:5–6).

Moreover, believers will not persist in unrighteousness because God’s seed dwells within them (3:9). It is unclear whether this seed refers to the word of the Gospel or the Holy Spirit, although strictly speaking the two cannot be separated. Whatever the case, when God calls a person to Himself, He transforms his very nature so that he will be able to love and practice righteousness. In the new birth, we have been given everything we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3), and by His grace this godliness will become more and more evident as we progress in our sanctification.
. . .
_____​

Robert Pate

Banned
Ahem....

Romans 6:23

And by not believing, they then stand before God to be judged by what they have done (Rev 20:13), and those who stand before God unclothed by the righteousness of Christ receive hell, the just punishment for a life of sin.

Yes, they will have their sins imputed back to them, Romans 4:8.

Sins that had formerly been done away with in Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
Many Calvinists have a saving faith, as shown by this teaching from R.C. Sproul
_____
Practicing Righteousness
. . .
If God is truly our Father we will not make a practice of sinning (v. 9).

We may forget who we are and sin, but our lives will not be dominated by unrighteousness if we are in Christ. This does not mean that we will not face particular temptations or even have sins that beset us at times. It does not mean we will be conformed perfectly to Christ in this life, for not until we see Him will we be like Him (v. 2). Still, we must recognize that John is teaching us that the life to come can be lived now. Sin will not define the life of the believer; on the whole, we will walk in the light, not in the darkness (1:5–6).

Moreover, believers will not persist in unrighteousness because God’s seed dwells within them (3:9). It is unclear whether this seed refers to the word of the Gospel or the Holy Spirit, although strictly speaking the two cannot be separated. Whatever the case, when God calls a person to Himself, He transforms his very nature so that he will be able to love and practice righteousness. In the new birth, we have been given everything we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3), and by His grace this godliness will become more and more evident as we progress in our sanctification.
. . .
_____​

Yes, a Christian will live a life of righteousness, but he is still a sinner saved by grace.

Calvinist are NOT Christians. They are Calvinist. You can't be both. You are either trusting in Christ alone to save you or you are trusting in something else. They are trusting in something else.

Robert Pate

Banned
Which is a central tenet of Patism, but not a biblically defensible belief.

Jesus is Lord.

He is Lord because he has defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15

Jesus is Lord.

He is Lord because he is the savior and redeemer of the whole world, 1 John 2:2

Jesus is Lord.

He is Lord because he has tasted death for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

genuineoriginal

Yes, a Christian will live a life of righteousness, but he is still a sinner saved by grace.
You are leaving off the "through faith" part.
Practicing Righteousness is the faith Paul is speaking of.

Calvinist are NOT Christians. They are Calvinist. You can't be both. You are either trusting in Christ alone to save you or you are trusting in something else. They are trusting in something else.
You are wrong about Calvinist/Reformed believers.
They are Christians who are trusting in Christ to save them.

They have a problem with accepting the consequences of man having true free will, so resort to convoluted arguments to try to prove God has decreed every desire of our heart while claiming compatibilism still grants us free will.
They created T.U.L.I.P. as a simple explanation for their compatibilism, but that is really the biggest problem they have.

The more modern Protestant denominations that teach antinomianism have a much bigger problem, since they are teaching people to travel the wide way that leads to hell instead of teaching people to travel the narrow way that leads to life.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are leaving off the "through faith" part.
Practicing Righteousness is the faith Paul is speaking of.

You are wrong about Calvinist/Reformed believers.
They are Christians who are trusting in Christ to save them.

They have a problem with accepting the consequences of man having true free will, so resort to convoluted arguments to try to prove God has decreed every desire of our heart while claiming compatibilism still grants us free will.
They created T.U.L.I.P. as a simple explanation for their compatibilism, but that is really the biggest problem they have.

The more modern Protestant denominations that teach antinomianism have a much bigger problem, since they are teaching people to travel the wide way that leads to hell instead of teaching people to travel the narrow way that leads to life.

You cannot be so wrong about so many things as Calvinist are and be a Christian.

One of the works of the Spirit is to teach and reveal truth, John 16:13. They don't have the truth, they have Calvinism.

Jesus is the narrow way, not people.

Dialogos

You cannot be so wrong about so many things as Calvinist are and be a Christian.

One of the works of the Spirit is to teach and reveal truth, John 16:13. They don't have the truth, they have Calvinism.

Jesus is the narrow way, not people.

I have a question Robert, does Patism hold to the inspiration of scripture?

For example, do you believe Acts 13:48 and Acts 16:14 are the word of God?

genuineoriginal

Sure you can.

Calvinist/Reformed believers have the truth necessary to be saved.

We should still argue in love against the false doctrines they teach, but that is true for all Christian denominations, including Roman Catholic, and Christian individuals, including your teachings.

Robert Pate

Banned
I have a question Robert, does Patism hold to the inspiration of scripture?

For example, do you believe Acts 13:48 and Acts 16:14 are the word of God?

Acts 13:48 should have read... "As many as believed were ordained to eternal life".

You cannot have eternal life unless you first believe, John 3:18.