The True Gospel of Jesus Christ and the False Gospel of John Calvin

beloved57

You frequently call the apostles liars, especially when what they write refutes your Calvinist doctrine.

Just like this one, "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our savior; who will have ALL MEN to be saved" 1 Timothy 2:3, 4.

Since when did you start believing the Apostles ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Since when did you start believing the Apostles ?

I know one thing for sure.

I am not stupid enough to call the apostles liars.

"That he (Jesus) by the grace of God might taste death for EVERYONE" Hebrews 2:9.

Now, go ahead and say it, Paul's a liar.

beloved57

I know one thing for sure.

I am not stupid enough to call the apostles liars.

"That he (Jesus) by the grace of God might taste death for EVERYONE" Hebrews 2:9.

Now, go ahead and say it, Paul's a liar.

When did you start believing that verse of scripture!

Brother Ducky

What if he's interpretation is different than yours? Something
tells me you won't agree with his. Because you're coming from a
Calvinist perspective.

That would not matter. At least it puts the conversation on track with exegesis, whether good or bad. To just throw out a verse without context can be close to meaningless without tying the verse to the situation and seeing the verse in context, where its meaning becomes more clear.

Suppose someone just posted something like

The Bible says "there is no god" Ps 14:1. True enough, as far as it goes, but it is not what the passage is saying.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That would not matter. At least it puts the conversation on track with exegesis, whether good or bad. To just throw out a verse without context can be close to meaningless without tying the verse to the situation and seeing the verse in context, where its meaning becomes more clear.

Suppose someone just posted something like

The Bible says "there is no god" Ps 14:1. True enough, as far as it goes, but it is not what the passage is saying.

A problem of misinterpretation according to a Calvinist slant can be
damaging as well.