The True Gospel of Jesus Christ and the False Gospel of John Calvin

Robert Pate

Banned
Foolishness. You got to prove your opening statement. If I prove your opening false then your house is built on shifting sand. Just like your sweethearts, very shifty.

You can't prove anything. You are full of hot air that has a bad odor.

Robert Pate

Banned
If that is what you believe, then you have never accepted the Gospel.

You don't know what the Gospel is.

The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that reconciles us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

If you have not been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ you are not saved.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am so glad, Robert, you got around to taking about Calvinism. Your posts are usually covering such a diversity of topics, something new many times a day at times, so it is good to see you finally focusing your attention from time to time. I mean, after all, we would have not known how you felt about Calvinism but for the OP of this thread. :AMR:

AMR

beloved57

Salvation has been provided for all, Hebrews 2:9, by the doing and the dying of Jesus... so that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13

Have you done that?

False comment and you teach salvation by works, by what a person does!

beloved57

Salvation has been provided for all, Hebrews 2:9, by the doing and the dying of Jesus... so that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13

Have you done that?

False comment and you believe that Christ death failed to save them He died for !

Robert Pate

Banned
I am so glad, Robert, you got around to taking about Calvinism. Your posts are usually covering such a diversity of topics, something new many times a day at times, so it is good to see you finally focusing your attention from time to time. I mean, after all, we would have not known how you felt about Calvinism but for the OP of this thread. :AMR:

AMR

Its not so much about what I think about Calvinism.

Its what the Bible has to say about it and other false doctrines.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
So What? There were many others that signed the declaration.

Right. "So what." That is a slimy way of talking about the founding fathers.

They signed in the pursuit of happiness. The very thing that you think should be compared to some phony fiat currency.

Now tell us which of the signers of the Declaration are your people, your founding fathers.

Robert Pate

Banned
You have not been able to show from scriptures that your explanation is correct.

Since your explanation does not match the everlasting gospel, there must be something wrong with what you believe the gospel is.

Of course the Gospel is everlasting. It is also the glorious Gospel.

There is only one Gospel.

dialm

BANNED
Banned

But the money ain't. It ain't everlasting. And it don't bring happiness. And it ain't even real. None of it is real.

"Your money perishes with you."

dialm

BANNED
Banned
And if you can't name one of your founding fathers then you need to check the family tree. Your apple might be infested.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Its not so much about what I think about Calvinism.

Its what the Bible has to say about it and other false doctrines.

When it suits you, "all" means each and every person who ever lived. Try imposing that more reasonably. See also John 12:32; 6:37; Luke 11:42; Acts 2:17; 10:12; Rom 14:2; 1 Cor 1:5; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 Tim 2:1-2, 4, 8; Matt 9:35. Cherry-picking Scripture to suit your purposes is not exegesis at all, Robert. :AMR1:

Proponents of general atonement like yourself cite general terms in three groups of texts to prove that God intended for Jesus to die for all humans without exception and that Jesus’ death is ineffective for some for whom He died.

(1) Texts containing the word “world”: John 3:16; 1 John 2:1-2; John 6:51; 2 Cor 5:19; John 1:9, 29; 3:17; 4:42; 1 John 4:14; John 12:46

(2) Texts containing the word “all”: 1 Tim 2:4-6; 2 Pet 3:9; Heb 2:9; 2 Cor 5:14-15; 1 Cor 15:22; Rom 5:18

(3) Texts allegedly depicting the perishing of those for whom Christ died: Rom 14:15; 1 Cor 8:11; 2 Pet 2:1; Heb 10:29

None of these texts substantiates general atonement. To the contrary, these texts uphold definite atonement without any contradiction. Proponents of general atonement cite John 3:16, for example, but a right understanding of God’s love, τὸν κόσμον, and πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων perfectly harmonizes with definite atonement; as David used Goliath’s own sword to sever Goliath’s head, so proponents of definite atonement may use John 3:16 to refute general atonement. The same is true of the other passages, such as ἱλασμός and ὅλου τοῦ κόσμου in 1 John 2:2, οἱ πάντες in 2 Cor 5:14-15, ὁ ἀδελφός in Rom 14:15 and 1 Cor 8:11, and τὸν ἀγοράσαντα αὐτοὺς δεσπότην ἀρνούμενοι in 2 Pet 2:1.

AMR

genuineoriginal

Paul in Romans 10:15 said this is the Gospel:

Isaiah 52:7-15
7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
8 Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion.
9 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.
10 The Lord hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.
11 Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the Lord.
12 For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the Lord will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your reward.
13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.
14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:
15 So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.​

The gospel in Isaiah continues for several chapters, and includes this:

Isaiah 55:6-7
6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.​

And this:

Isaiah 56:6-8
6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
8 The Lord God, which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.​

dialm

BANNED
Banned
When it suits you, "all" means each and every person who ever lived. Try imposing that more reasonably. See also John 12:32; 6:37; Luke 11:42; Acts 2:17; 10:12; Rom 14:2; 1 Cor 1:5; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 Tim 2:1-2, 4, 8; Matt 9:35. Cherry-picking Scripture to suit your purposes is not exegesis at all, Robert. :AMR1:

AMR

Let's not make this too difficult. He is talking about happiness and real money.

Money was used to fight the Revolution.
The Revolution was fought in the pursuit of happiness.

So what did his people use their money for?