The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Fine. Don't believe what is written. You never do.

God only begotten one human and that makes the rest of us not like him in that way.
So you are wrong to say he was exactly like us in that way, for his Spirit is the part he received from the Father, the Father's Spirit.

Lon

You have said here that I am of a cult in heresy, yet you go crying to the moderators if I should suggest anything of you.

You are a hypocrite Lon.
:doh: You think "I" reported you? :nono: I did say you cut and pasted here in thread, but you didn't receive an infraction for that.

I told you, clearly, that anything you say to me, is to all of us. "AntiChrist" was your infraction. I didn't report it or give it. You go ahead and be a lesser man for it though :(

BTW,

You had the moderator remove me from posting on your thread (for no infringement of the rules) after you had thanked me for posting there.
How long ago was that? 3 years ago? Grudge much? I thanked you BEFORE you became belligerent. A 'thank' doesn't mean 'start arguing in ECT.' Removing you was nicer than an infraction. How thin is your skin, anyway?

What sort of person are you?

LA
1) One that reads scriptures
2) One that didn't report you nor am responsible for your infraction
3) One that doesn't hold grudges for three years over something "I" did to be removed from a thread. :(

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes you did, Lazy, anyone can read your post and see that that is exactly what you said:

Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post

However God came down from Heaven to unite with a man at His baptism who God raised up by His word

Don't try to deny it.

You must be nuts.

Why is it that you and Keypurr say the Holy Spirit entered Jesus? Scripture clearly states that the dove of the Holy Spirit landed on Jesus. It does not say the dove entered Him.

The Holy Spirit alighted on Jesus like a dove.

It was the anointing which Jesus referred to as being--

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

The word of God of the OT was fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

If your understanding goes outside of the word of the OT then you get it all wrong, because Jesus is the word become flesh and He was anointed by His Father who did the works.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:doh: You think "I" reported you? :nono: I did say you cut and pasted here in thread, but you didn't receive an infraction for that.

I told you, clearly, that anything you say to me, is to all of us. "AntiChrist" was your infraction. I didn't report it or give it. You go ahead and be a lesser man for it though :(

How long ago was that? 3 years ago? Grudge much? I thanked you BEFORE you became belligerent. A 'thank' doesn't mean 'start arguing in ECT.' Removing you was nicer than an infraction. How thin is your skin, anyway?

1) One that reads scriptures
2) One that didn't report you nor am responsible for your infraction
3) One that doesn't hold grudges for three years over something "I" did to be removed from a thread. :(

OK.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You must be nuts.

Says the one denying their own words.

The Holy Spirit alighted on Jesus like a dove.

Lazy, do you not know what the word "alight" means? It means to land on. It doesn't mean to enter into.

It was the anointing which Jesus referred to as being--

Obviously, it was Jesus being anointed by the Holy Spirit. No trinitarian denies that. We just point out that the dove (the Holy Spirit) didn't actually enter Jesus, it only landed on Him, and the Father spoke from heaven saying He is well pleased with His Son. Three distinct entities.

Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

The word of God of the OT was fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

If your understanding goes outside of the word of the OT then you get it all wrong, because Jesus is the word become flesh and He was anointed by His Father who did the works.

LA

My understanding of the Bible encompasses the entire Bible, and not just the Old or the New Testament. I have an overview of the Bible that you clearly do not have, because God has provided me with a teacher who knows how to teach His word, and given me a brain to think with.

marhig

Says the one denying their own words.

Lazy, do you not know what the word "alight" means? It means to land on. It doesn't mean to enter into.

Obviously, it was Jesus being anointed by the Holy Spirit. No trinitarian denies that. We just point out that the dove (the Holy Spirit) didn't actually enter Jesus, it only landed on Him, and the Father spoke from heaven saying He is well pleased with His Son. Three distinct entities.

My understanding of the Bible encompasses the entire Bible, and not just the Old or the New Testament. I have an overview of the Bible that you clearly do not have, because God has provided me with a teacher who knows how to teach His word, and given me a brain to think with.
The Spirit never entered into Jesus? Why do you believe that?

According to the bible he did, Jesus was full of the Spirit.

Luke 4

And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.

But the Spirit has always been with Jesus from the womb. And Jesus was strong in the Spirit even at the age of 12.

Luke 2

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

popsthebuilder

Hebrews 2: 11. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12. Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. 13. And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. 14. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15. And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Right Divider

Body part
Hebrews 2: 11. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12. Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. 13. And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. 14. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15. And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
God the Son took on a human body. It's really easy to follow if you believe the Bible.

John 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

keypurr

Yes you did, Lazy, anyone can read your post and see that that is exactly what you said:

Don't try to deny it.

Why is it that you and Keypurr say the Holy Spirit entered Jesus? Scripture clearly states that the dove of the Holy Spirit landed on Jesus. It does not say the dove entered Him.

Acts 10:38

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
Mark 10:17-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:17) ¶ And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? (10:18) And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God.

I'll bet that according to keypurrism, this was Jesus saying that He was not good.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Sent from my iPad using TOL
Keypurr, unless you can show me in scripture where it says that the Holy Spirit "entered" Jesus, especially at His baptism, you have nothing to stand on but your own interpretation which you read into scripture.

how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. - Acts 10:38 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts10:38&version=NKJV

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Spirit never entered into Jesus? Why do you believe that?

According to the bible he did, Jesus was full of the Spirit.

Luke 4

And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.

But the Spirit has always been with Jesus from the womb. And Jesus was strong in the Spirit even at the age of 12.

Luke 2

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Judge rightly ignored your truthful post.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God the Son took on a human body. It's really easy to follow if you believe the Bible.

John 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

There is no such thing as God the Son.

You have God the Son existing before Jesus was born.

That makes for two Gods, not one.

The true believers of the OT times, nor Jesus or the apostles ever taught the two God or three God doctrine.

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Deu 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Lexical Facts about Elohim
(continued from last month)
Elohim (the Hebrew word for God), in fact, is
singular in meaning when referred to the One
God. This is shown by the singular verbs which normally
follow, and by thousands of singular personal pronouns.
Elohim has a plural meaning when it refers to pagan
“gods.” Elohim has a singular meaning when designating
a single pagan god, Milchom, Astarte, etc.
Elohim, El, Eloah, and Yahweh are all words for the
true God and are identical in meaning, and singular in
meaning when referring to the one true God. They are
replaced, and thus defined, by singular personal
pronouns, over and over again. The Greek word for God
is “O [the] theos [God],” and it is always and invariably
singular in meaning when referring, some 1300 times (!)
to the One God, the Father of Jesus.

http://www.focusonthekingdom.org/1312.pdf

popsthebuilder

Keypurr, when anointing someone with oil, does the oil usually enter their body?
Uhm.... Jesus wasn't only anointed with oil.... It's symbolic, as was the dove. He already had the Holy Spirit within Him. Baptism was a sign for man, for what the Christ surely already knew; that He was the firstborn Son of GOD, and pleasing to the Father (GOD Almighty), and that He is the example and the Way.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Keypurr, when anointing someone with oil, does the oil usually enter their body?

I understand your point.

There are two anointings, not one.

Act 4:27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
Act 4:28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
Act 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
Act 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Judge rightly ignored your truthful post.

LA

I'm a working man, and I don't always have time to respond to a post. Be patient.

There is no such thing as God the Son.

The phrase does not exist in scripture, no. But just because a phrase is not in scripture does not mean that the concept or idea which the phrase describes is not in scripture.

You have God the Son existing before Jesus was born.

Did Jesus exist before He was born?

That makes for two Gods, not one.

Have you ever considered that Jesus is God the Son? Meaning there is one Person who is the Son, not two.

The true believers of the OT times, nor Jesus or the apostles ever taught the two God or three God doctrine.

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Deu 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Lexical Facts about Elohim
(continued from last month)
Elohim (the Hebrew word for God), in fact, is
singular in meaning when referred to the One
God. This is shown by the singular verbs which normally follow, and by thousands of singular personal pronouns. Elohim has a plural meaning when it refers to pagan “gods.” Elohim has a singular meaning when designating
a single pagan god, Milchom, Astarte, etc.
Elohim, El, Eloah, and Yahweh are all words for the true God and are identical in meaning, and singular in meaning when referring to the one true God. They are replaced, and thus defined, by singular personal pronouns, over and over again. The Greek word for God is “O [the] theos [God],” and it is always and invariably singular in meaning when referring, some 1300 times (!)
to the One God, the Father of Jesus.

http://www.focusonthekingdom.org/1312.pdf

The author of that page must not know anything about Hebrew grammar.

The suffix "-im" indicates a plural noun. If it did not, then "cherubim," "seraphim," and "nephilim," would not be plural.

The author also apparently doesn't know any Greek either, or he would know that there is no Greek word for "Elohim," so the closest word was used, "theos," which without the "ho," just means "a god," or "gods" (lowercase 'g') (depending on the form of the word).

Yes, singular verbs are always used when Elohim, a plural masculine noun, is used. However, why would Moses, in the first book of the Bible, in the first chapter, the first verse, use a plural masculine noun to describe God if He is not a plurality? Why not use "El" or "Eloah"? Did Moses make a grammatical mistake? I doubt that.

As for Deuteronomy 6:4, the word "ehad" is used instead of "yahad" or "bad." "Ehad" means "one of plurality," whereas "yahad" and "bad" mean "one of singularity." The same word is used in Deuteronomy 6:4 as in Genesis 1:9, 2:24, 11:1, 11:6, 22:2, 32:8, 34:16, etc. When talking about God, neither "yahad" or "bad" is used, ever (as far as I'm aware). It's always "ehad."

"sema yisrael YHWH elohenu YHWH ehad"