The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

You have entered into nothing but proud delusion if you wish me to give up; which you did.

Yep, you might as well if you can't listen. You are the Pharisee in this text. As long as you are filled with PRIDE, you will never know God.

Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.​

popsthebuilder

So, does this mean you are admitting your error, and hope to turn it back onto me? :chuckle:
What?

No silly;

I'm trying to show you how you liken the One Creator GOD to three mere men (persona) and creation.

But you didn't even catch that did you; though I made it painfully obvious..... But I'm blind right?

glorydaz

Persons is used when legality is involved or individual distinction of a human is being made. It is not a standard reference to multiple people but more for individualization of particular people......peeeeooopllleee
Multiple humans.... Persons...... Creation

Still making excuses, I see. :nono:

You'll never get your story straight on this one, Pops. You're grasping at straws.

popsthebuilder

No, you're not listening....nor do you plan to listen. We have been here before.
It's okay; I know you can't even give an example of your false claims. I also know that you know that you had my full attention, as in; I was listening.

You didn't even pray on it....becuase you couldn't care less for anything. You only care to seem right in front of others.

How many signs can the blind see friend?

popsthebuilder

Yep, you might as well if you can't listen. You are the Pharisee in this text. As long as you are filled with PRIDE, you will never know God.

Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.​
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

(I can relate to say the least)

glorydaz

It's okay; I know you can't win give an example of your false claims. I also know that you know that you had my full attention, as in; I was listening.

You didn't even pray on it....becuase you couldn't care less for anything. You only care to seem right in front of others.

How many signs can the blind see friend?

Vain imaginings again? You should be looking inward ...examining yourself, rather than speculating about me.

popsthebuilder

Still making excuses, I see. :nono:

You'll never get your story straight on this one, Pops. You're grasping at straws.
Oh... So the scriptures that say sooooo much about the likeness of GOD being made as the likeness of Man, and how it is idol worship is really just me, grasping at straws in desperation?

Nope, sorry; not true or scriptural or justifiable; just another blind assertion that will never be proven because it cannot be.

popsthebuilder

Vain imaginings again? You should be looking inward ...examining yourself, rather than speculating about me.
I constantly use introspection and retrospect; you might know that if you ever cared to ask, or listen.

Your little projection game is getting old. It is clear that you have nothing to say of any worth for me to hear. I need a shower and bed before I feebly attempt another day by the grace of GOD.

goodnight....may check in after my shower; I don't know why though.... Hey look; me admitting I don't know something yet again.... But I'm proud and won't listen..... To ignorance and arrogance mascarading as humble truth..... Pitiful performance really

Let me know if you ever try to show how I'm a hypocrite.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I constantly use introspection and retrospect; you might know that if you ever cared to ask, or listen.

Your little projection game is getting old. It is clear that you have nothing to say of any worth for me to hear. I need a shower and bed before I feebly attempt another day by the grace of GOD.

goodnight....may check in after my shower; I don't know why though.... Hey look; me admitting I don't know something yet again.... But I'm proud and won't listen..... To ignorance and arrogance mascarading as humble truth..... Pitiful performance really

You are doing ok Pops. The RCC brigade has nothing to say of any substance.

a hateful bunch they really are.

LA

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It was a poor choice of words, Clete.

I should have explained it the way you did....beyond our ability to adequately "explain". I can think of some examples....like the sun, light, and power, or like ice, water, and steam....but every attempt falls short. I think that's what KtoU was saying, as well.

Believing and fully understanding are not necessarily the same thing. Heck, I have a hard time understanding how God created all things from nothing, but I believe it.

My point was addressing those who are not saved...when they try to understand the Trinity, it makes no sense to them. They can read the words of the Bible, but they aren't quickened to their understanding....which I believe is accomplished by the Holy Spirit revealing truth to our spirit when we are saved.
Awesome!

I had a feeling that this is where you were on this but with as many different doctrines that are around, many of which include the idea that faith and reason are opposites, I always feel the need to clarify this point when discussing the Trinity doctrine. The Trinity is the anti-intellectual Christian's favorite, go-to topic when debating the necessity of sound reason and it shouldn't be.

popsthebuilder

Pops or LA or whoever wants to answer...

To whom do the titles, "The Alpha and The Omega" and "The First and The Last", refer?
The Spirit of GOD/ Christ

Christ being the firstborn of GOD, and too the judge of all, makes Him the alpha and omega;....first and last....

lifeisgood

I don't know how many times I have to tell you. Three titles. He is God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

So, God is a title?

God the Father is a title?
Jesus the God/Man is a title?
God the Holy Spirit is a title?

So, are you, gt, saying you, gt, worship 'The Title'?
Could you provide a verse that God is a title from the Bible as you say that you, gt, prove everything you say with the Bible. Thank you.

God's Truth

You have called someone such as myself a liar, and proudly claim that I know something about you, which I did not. You do have some problems, but glory does too.