The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

Whoosh!

You hear that? That's the sound of my point going over your head.

God the Father shows Himself in three. As the Father, God remained invisible in unapproachable light; as the Son He came in the flesh as a Man; and, as the Holy Spirit which goes forth from Him without limit, like light.

THREE what? You say it and then you argue against it. :think:

glorydaz

No--

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

No.

Jesus was the word become flesh.

You (like GT)are of the gnostics to claim Jesus needed no flesh to exist--

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Jesus was the son of God from His birth from Marys womb--

Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

LA

LA wants to skip the first part of the Gospel of John. :chuckle:

John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.​

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
How could one self-conscious being not be three persons.

Our own self-consciousness demands a trinal process.

Do you ever talk to yourself?
Do you, at the same time, observe yourself talking to yourself?

We are made in GOD's likeness as self-conscious beings.

How much greater is He?

Love and communication existed in GOD before there was anything else.

GOD did not need to create in order to have something to love and communicate with.

He is complete in Himself.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Believing and fully understanding are not necessarily the same thing. Heck, I have a hard time understanding how God created all things from nothing, but I believe it.

God did not create anything from nothing.

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
God did not create anything from nothing.

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

LA

1)Creatio ex material- GOD created everything out of pre-existing material.

GOD is eternal existence and infinite in His being.
If there were some substance other than Himself existing along side of Him forever, then that eternal material substance would also be infinite being.
There cannot be more than one infinite being because infinite being is all of it.

2)Creatio ex Deo- GOD created everything out of Himself.

If GOD created everything from Himself then what we call creation is an extension of Himself and demands worship. Since the GOD of the Bible says that to worship any created thing is idolatry, then the creation cannot be an extension of Himself.
We must worship the GOD of the Bible(Theism) or resort to worshiping the creation which includes ourselves which would be Panentheism.

3)Creatio ex nihilo- GOD created everything out of nothing.

The GOD of the Bible is the all powerful Creator.
All else is His Creation.

Either worship the true GOD or be reprobate and worship the creation.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1)Creatio ex material- GOD created everything out of pre-existing material.

GOD is eternal existence and infinite in His being.
If there were some substance other than Himself existing along side of Him forever, then that eternal material substance would also be infinite being.
There cannot be more than one infinite being because infinite being is all of it.

2)Creatio ex Deo- GOD created everything out of Himself.

If GOD created everything from Himself then what we call creation is an extension of Himself and demands worship. Since the GOD of the Bible says that to worship any created thing is idolatry, then the creation cannot be an extension of Himself.
We must worship the GOD of the Bible(Theism) or resort to worshiping the creation which includes ourselves which would be Panentheism.

3)Creatio ex nihilo- GOD created everything out of nothing.

The GOD of the Bible is the all powerful Creator.
All else is His Creation.

Either worship the true GOD or be reprobate and worship the creation.

Scripture is accurate and adequate--

things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Scripture is accurate and adequate--

things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Yes, Scripture is accurate and adequate and the things which do not appear were also created by GOD, thus there was nothing except GOD, before GOD created.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

popsthebuilder

Three what? :chew:
Three perspectives of the same Spirit and GOD.

perspective:

a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

"most guidebook history is written from the editor's perspective"

synonyms:eek:utlook,*view,*viewpoint,*point of view,*POV,*standpoint,*position,*stand,*stance,*angle,*slant,*attitude,*frame of mind,*frame of reference,*approach,*way of looking,*interpretation

"her perspective on things had changed"

true understanding of the relative importance of things; a sense of proportion.

popsthebuilder

Says the person who, in at least his last 4-5 posts, has not used one scripture to refute my arguments, just his own words, while completely ignoring the Scripture I am providing to support my statements.

Hypocrite.
Excuse me?

What points of yours have I even attempted to refute?

Show me; then I will show you with scripture.

I don't see the point in posting scripture for things that should be a given for a "Christian", but I will be happy to since you think I am talking out of my butt; which by the way; would be ignorance and as such, not hypocrisy.

Refer the the posts you are speaking of. I will go back and provide ample scripture with explanation. Then maybe we can discuss things with civility as opposed to petty name calling.

glorydaz

Three perspectives of the same Spirit and GOD.

perspective:

a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

"most guidebook history is written from the editor's perspective"

synonyms:eek:utlook,*view,*viewpoint,*point of view,*POV,*standpoint,*position,*stand,*stance,*angle,*slant,*attitude,*frame of mind,*frame of reference,*approach,*way of looking,*interpretation

"her perspective on things had changed"

true understanding of the relative importance of things; a sense of proportion.

Nice try, but you fail. Again.

glorydaz

Excuse me?

What points of yours have I even attempted to refute?

Show me; then I will show you with scripture.

I don't see the point in posting scripture for things that should be a given for a "Christian", but I will be happy to since you think I am talking out of my butt; which by the way; would be ignorance and as such, not hypocrisy.

Refer the the posts you are speaking of. I will go back and provide ample scripture with explanation. Then maybe we can discuss things with civility as opposed to petty name calling.

He's correct. You are a hypocrite. Nothing petty about Truth.

Pops, you are a babe, at best....still carnal, at worst. You are also unteachable, which will be you undoing. Put off that pride and humble yourself...before it's too late.