The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
But as far as the Trinity which is the main topic of this thread try these two....

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

lifeisgood

The major difference is that I wouldn't dream of telling someone that they are not saved for not being a trinitarian. I am careful how I judge others, because with the way I judge others, I will be judged.

That does not mean I do not judge others. It means I am too careful to judge on that.

:think:

lifeisgood

But the spirit that Jesus was comprised of and the physical fertilized egg itself is said to be from an angel; Gabriel I though.

And it it is from am angel of the LORD then isn't it too from heaven and GOD?

Did He have two spirits within Him? And if so; wouldn't one of those be of GOD?

Really, popsthebuilder? Really?

lifeisgood

So, you will attack someone like Pops who says that you are describing a God of multiple people, and say that Trinitarians never claim that. But when confronted that Trinitarians have said that, it's suddenly OK as long as they will say the word "Trinity?"

That's a bit two-faced. Or a double standard. Reminds me of a passage about diverse weights and measures.

All the Tri-unity (Trinity) does is bring division and confusion for those who do not believe God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).

Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah.

From the FIRST (from the BEGINNING) I (the ONE SENT) have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place (when it ALL happened), I (the ONE SENT) was there. And now the Lord GOD (the Father) has sent Me (the Son), and His Spirit(the Holy Spirit)." Isaiah 48:12-16

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

There is a major difference in saying Jesus had a Spirit from God versus Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God.
It does not mean the same thing.

Jesus was fully God's Spirit come as a Man.

If one comes as a human, one must start from a baby in the womb and grow into a Man.

Glad to hear you say that.

See that is why you cause confusion on what you believe. You just said the spirit of the Man Jesus is the Spirit of God; but now you say you cannot say. That type of talk causes confusion.

No, it would not be conjecture. It is scripture. Many scriptures show that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit.

No. It means he did not live to please his FLESH.

You can't argue about it because you are not settled in the truth about it.

Shame on you.

You just said it was conjecture.

You should not judge the topic as unnecessary, or unhelpful, just because you have no idea.
Why would GOD need to literally learn and grow as a man?

popsthebuilder

God made the world through the body of Christ, and God made the plan for salvation to be through the body of Christ the Man.

Jesus puts us in him; he reconciles us to him.

Reconciled means put back to where we were.

We were made in Christ and have to get reconciled to him. We have to be put back in Christ.
Where does it say that the earth was made by the body of Christ as opposed to Christ please?

popsthebuilder

Jesus received the same glory he had before the world was made.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
Can't they be taken as His Spirit returning to GOD from where it came?

What does it have to do with a body or the body of Christ? It seems to be speaking of the Spirit.

God's Truth

Can't they be taken as His Spirit returning to GOD from where it came?

What does it have to do with a body or the body of Christ? It seems to be speaking of the Spirit.

Jesus' Spirit IS the Holy Spirit.

All humans have a spirit within them,their own spirit.

Jesus' Spirit as a Man was the Spirit of God.

Jesus is God the Father with a body.

Eagles Wings

Christians have the Athanasian Creed, an historic document clearly defining the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I will post a link in a bit.

Reactions: Lon

glorydaz

It is not given to all to understand. Something can be explained with scripture, and people still deny and say they do not see it. Just like those who say they do not see the scriptures that plainly say Jesus is God. That is the same thing you are doing when I give scriptures proving what I say.

Ah, your ways are above my ways. :chuckle:

No, GT, you haven't given one iota of proof of what you claim. You have gone off on a few tangents, but I just can't count that as higher spiritual understanding no matter how much you donkey down on it.

God's Truth

Only a blind and wicked person would say I was not saved. They have so judged themselves. That is what Jesus says. So if someone says I am not saved, but rather condemned with the wicked, then I know that is exactly what they are. Jesus says so.

Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

popsthebuilder

Jesus did more than just abide by the Holy Spirit, he is the Holy Spirit.

We just do not have the ability to do whatever powerful thing we want.

However, Jesus does.
But with faith anything we ask that is of the will of GOD is ours. He did not just abide; I agree. He had the Spirit, that is why He was able to abide wholly. We have access to the same Spirit due to the work of Jesus through Christ but too must abide by the Word.

God's Truth

Ah, your ways are above my ways. :chuckle:

No, GT, you haven't given one iota of proof of what you claim. You have gone off on a few tangents, but I just can't count that as higher spiritual understanding no matter how much you donkey down on it.

What else does one who refuses the truth say? Just asking. Could you tell me?