The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Then he was not made like unto his brethren, you say.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
Heb 2:12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
Heb 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Of course he was made like humans.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Scripture also tells us that Jesus was the son of man.
Jesus was not the literal son of a man, but it was a title representing His humanity.
Jesus was not the literal Son of God, but it is a title representing His divinity.

So you say Jesus was not a man, nor the son of God.

God's Truth

According to LA, Jesus disobeyed his Father by not raising himself.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

glorydaz

Jesus ascended to God and received a Spiritual body, the same glory he had with God before the world was made.

We are reconciled to God. That means we are put back in Jesus. Reconciled means back where you were.

Reconciled means made peace.

All of mankind was reconciled by His death....clearly not all of mankind has been put back IN JESUS.

"Reconciled by His death....much more, saved by His life."

God's Truth

Jesus was dead so He could not raise Himself.

Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

You believe Jesus disobeyed his Father.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

God's Truth

He was with God and was God.....The glory of God is not the same as our Lord's human body of flesh.

I am speaking of his resurrected body. Philippians 3:21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

glorydaz

All have to go through Jesus to be reconciled.

Peace was made from God's side through the blood of Christ (grace of God).

Now we each must individually make peace (be reconciled to God) by faith...believing.

What any of this has to do with your idea that Christ had the same body, I'll never know. I do think these are merely rabbit trails to keep from answering the question. :sigh:

God's Truth

Peace was made from God's side through the blood of Christ (grace of God).

Now we each must individually make peace (be reconciled to God) by faith...believing.

What any of this has to do with your idea that Christ had the same body, I'll never know. I do think these are merely rabbit trails to keep from answering the question. :sigh:

Do you really have to resort to speaking to me that way? I do not do things to keep from answering questions.

The world was made through Jesus, and humans have to be put in Christ to be reconciled to God.

glorydaz

You believe Jesus disobeyed his Father.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

LA is confused because she doesn't know that God is Father, (Word) Son, and Spirit....which is why you can find verses that speak of each doing the raising. The Lord our God is ONE LORD.

God's Truth

LA is confused because she doesn't know that God is Father, (Word) Son, and Spirit....which is why you can find verses that speak of each doing the raising. The Lord our God is ONE LORD.

I don't think there ever was anyone else on TOL than myself that has made that apparent with so many scriptures.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You believe the word God spoke was the second person of a trinity of Gods, one of which died.

LA