The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

Your only show folks what a fool you are.

Give me the verse where Jesus did raise himself or move on.

Prove ALL THINGS and hold fast to the truth. You need to do that for your faith is a fairy tale.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Keypurr doesn't dispute that Jesus said he would raise himself, he just disputes that Jesus was telling the truth.

keypurr

Keypurr, can Jesus raise Himself from the dead? If not, then why did He make the claim?

I think it was the logos in him that spoke those words, not the Man Jesus. Tell me, did the logos go back to God when Jesus was on the cross? Find that answer and it might answer your

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did Jesus Christ send his spirit back to his Father on the cross?

Or did the spirit that was in him die with him on the cross?

Talking about the logos now. .????

If the logos went back to his Father on the cross then anything is possiable.

Luke 23:46 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

46 And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit.” Having said this, He breathed His last.

Rosenritter

Answered in post 15527.

If Jesus the man was dead he could not raise himself.

If the logos left him at the cross and did not die with him then he could have raised himself.

BUT THERE IS NO VERSE THAT SAYS HE DID RAISE HIMSELF.

God raised him from the dead.

The logos is a created spirit, did it die on the cross as a man?

I think so for the logos took the form of man. And suffered as a man. So being dead was unable to raise himself. But we know the power of the logos is the fullness of the Father.

Maybe you aren't able to raise yourself from the dead, but you aren't able to create worlds either.

Rosenritter

So, show me the verse where he did. Am I asking to much from you?

Yes, Keypurr. Jesus said he would raise himself from the dead. That's good enough for anyone else here. If we apply your same measure of obnoxious skepticism, then neither can we prove that God or anyone or anything else raised Jesus. Here, this is an example of the measure of what I've come to expect from you:

Acts 13:29-30 KJV
(29) And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.
(30) But God raised him from the dead:

Conforming to your insane logic, if you won't accept the words of Jesus that he will do what he says he will do, then why would the narrative of Peter be trustworthy?

It is written, let God be true, but every man a liar. You won't find any place where scripture itself states God (or anyone) raised Jesus. Just people saying God raised Jesus.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
* Keypurr challenged that the bible did not have a passage that Jesus raised himself.
* We have shown the passage where Jesus said he would raise himself.
* Keypurr did not dispute the passage in translation or interpretation.
* Keypurr instead denied that Jesus raised himself, and gave his own reasoning that it could not be because that would make Jesus God.

So yes, I would say that if it matters concerning his doctrine, Keypurr will say Jesus was a liar and/or false prophet. His current claim seems to be that even though Jesus said he would raise himself, the bible does not say he raised himself, therefore Jesus is made a liar to preserve Keypurr's precious " A Created Spirit Son which was Not God Possessed Jesus the Man" theory.

For everyone else here, a passage where Jesus said he would do something, combined with the passage that said it was done, is sufficient proof that Jesus did it. NOT FOR KEYPURR.

You do not recognize that God was IN Christ as the scripture states.

Thus it is you who lies about scripture.

LA

God's Truth

You do not recognize that God was IN Christ as the scripture states.

Thus it is you who lies about scripture.

LA

The scriptures say JESUS CAME FROM HEAVEN.

Matthew 22:43 Jesus said to them, “How then does David in the Spirit call Him Lord? For he says: 44‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, until I put Your enemies under Your feet.”’ 45 So if David calls Him Lord, how can He be David’s son?”

keypurr

Luke 23:46 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

46 And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit.” Having said this, He breathed His last.

Yep, the question what did he mean?
Did he mean his breath?
Or his spirit?
Or the spirit that dwelled in him?

Why could Mary not touch him after he arose because he had not yet assended to his Father?
Yet eight days later the Apostles could?

keypurr

* Keypurr challenged that the bible did not have a passage that Jesus raised himself.
* We have shown the passage where Jesus said he would raise himself.
* Keypurr did not dispute the passage in translation or interpretation.
* Keypurr instead denied that Jesus raised himself, and gave his own reasoning that it could not be because that would make Jesus God.

So yes, I would say that if it matters concerning his doctrine, Keypurr will say Jesus was a liar and/or false prophet. His current claim seems to be that even though Jesus said he would raise himself, the bible does not say he raised himself, therefore Jesus is made a liar to preserve Keypurr's precious " A Created Spirit Son which was Not God Possessed Jesus the Man" theory.

For everyone else here, a passage where Jesus said he would do something, combined with the passage that said it was done, is sufficient proof that Jesus did it. NOT FOR KEYPURR.

I have been posting for years now that the logos in Jesus is a created form of God. Think about that.

keypurr

Keypurr, can Jesus raise Himself from the dead? If not, then why did He make the claim?

If Jesus the man died, NO he could not raise himself for the dead know nothing.

However, the logos was in Jesus, the logos is a created form of God, not God.

No where is it recorded that he did indeed raise himself.

Other verses say God raised him.

There are two thrones in heaven, one for God and one for the Lamb.

Jesus said if you believe in God believe also in me. Why would he say that?

Why do you just assume the majority are right?