The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

Revelation 22:12 KJV
(12) And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Revelation 22:20 KJV
(20) He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

... so who is it that it describes as coming?

Revelation 19:13 KJV
(13) And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Someone who would be represented as having blood on his clothing. Jesus is the Word of God. You're just being obstinate.
Why is Jesus called the word of God?

Rosenritter

Why is Jesus called the word of God?

Several reasons, I think.

1) John chooses the word logos which is translated as Word. In the Greek, logos is the absolute proof of something right in front of you. In a persuasive argument, one might invoke logos, ethos, and pathos. Logos is that absolute logical proof which cannot be denied, ethos is an argument that appeals to existing authority, and pathos is based on emotions and feeling. Jesus is the logos of God, the undeniable proof of who he is. It's not a loose feeling, it's not an appeal to someone else as the authority, he is that undeniable proof of the REAL God.

2) Jesus is also called the word of God because everything he is is that which is God. He is the expression of God in front of us. When Jesus does something, God has done it. When Jesus speaks something, God has spoken it. That's the implication of Jesus actually being God anyway.

3) There's also an interesting play on the word "word" in addition. Scripture is also called the word of God, but Jesus was living breathing scripture. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, the scripture of old was written by holy men of old as they were moved by the Holy Ghost, but Jesus was the the Holy Ghost in the flesh. If the word of God was what came from the Holy Spirit, so is everything that Jesus was to us as well.

marhig

Several reasons, I think.

1) John chooses the word logos which is translated as Word. In the Greek, logos is the absolute proof of something right in front of you. In a persuasive argument, one might invoke logos, ethos, and pathos. Logos is that absolute logical proof which cannot be denied, ethos is an argument that appeals to existing authority, and pathos is based on emotions and feeling. Jesus is the logos of God, the undeniable proof of who he is. It's not a loose feeling, it's not an appeal to someone else as the authority, he is that undeniable proof of the REAL God.

2) Jesus is also called the word of God because everything he is is that which is God. He is the expression of God in front of us. When Jesus does something, God has done it. When Jesus speaks something, God has spoken it. That's the implication of Jesus actually being God anyway.

3) There's also an interesting play on the word "word" in addition. Scripture is also called the word of God, but Jesus was living breathing scripture. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, the scripture of old was written by holy men of old as they were moved by the Holy Ghost, but Jesus was the the Holy Ghost in the flesh. If the word of God was what came from the Holy Spirit, so is everything that Jesus was to us as well.
Well I agree with a lot of what you have said, but, the word that Jesus spoke was not his own, and he said this himself. Every word that came out of the mouth of Jesus came from the father who is his God

John 12

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak

John 14

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 17

Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

And John the Baptist said this

John 3

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life.

Jesus is the word of God, because everything he spoke is from God, so his word is God.

Please don't think I'm ignorant if I don't answer you again until later. I've been awake since about 5am and I'm tired, I'll talk with you again soon, God willing :)

God's Truth

God the Father is invisible, spirits are invisible, but they do still have a form.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man.

That means the Spirit inside Jesus is God the Father.

All humans are flesh and spirit.

Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God.

Our spirit inside of us grows and changes with our body and is affected by our learning and experiences.

Jesus is God the Father come as a Man and he grew and learned as all humans do, except he was in direct communion with his Father. So he learned and grew by obeying the Father; he only did and said what the Father did and said. He is the Father, come in the flesh as a Man.

Right Divider

Body part
God the Father is invisible, spirits are invisible, but they do still have a form.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man.

That means the Spirit inside Jesus is God the Father.

All humans are flesh and spirit.

Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God.

Our spirit inside of us grows and changes with our body and is affected by our learning and experiences.

Jesus is God the Father come as a Man and he grew and learned as all humans do, except he was in direct communion with his Father. So he learned and grew by obeying the Father; he only did and said what the Father did and said. He is the Father, come in the flesh as a Man.
You need to get your story straight.

So Jesus was talking to Himself?

Accept the Bible and get out of that cult you're in.

God's Truth

You need to get your story straight.

So Jesus was talking to Himself?

Accept the Bible and get out of that cult you're in.

God the Father is the one and only God, and He came as a Man.

He really came as a Man and did not pretend to come as a Man.

Who else is the Man of God supposed to talk to?

I am in no cult.

You got your beliefs from a man.

I got my beliefs from the written Word of God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God the Father is the one and only God, and He came as a Man.

He really came as a Man and did not pretend to come as a Man.

Who else is the Man of God supposed to talk to?

I am in no cult.

You got your beliefs from a man.

I got my beliefs from the written Word of God.

Wrong. The Father did not come as a man, the Son did. Yes you are in a type of cult, one created by your own mistakes in theology. You didn't get your beliefs from the written word of God that I know.

glorydaz

God the Father is Spirit.

Jesus Christ is Spirit.

There is only one Spirit.

Figure it out for yourself.

The Holy Spirit is God
The Father is God
The Son is God

The fact that God is spirit doesn't mean Jesus was spirit when He walked in the flesh.
The fact that the Holy Spirit appeared as a dove doesn't mean that God is a dove.

Gotta figure these things out, GT.

keypurr

So who is the LORD GOD?

Gen 2:4-7 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:4) ¶ These [are] the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, (2:5) And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and [there was] not a man to till the ground. (2:6) But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. (2:7) And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Poor keypurr.

BONUS:
Acts 13:23 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:23) Of this man's seed hath God according to [his] promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Isa 43:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(43:11) I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.

Everything comes from the Father through his Son the logos. Its that simple.

God's Truth

The Holy Spirit is God
The Father is God
The Son is God

The fact that God is spirit doesn't mean Jesus was spirit when He walked in the flesh.

He had his own Spirit within him.

The fact that the Holy Spirit appeared as a dove doesn't mean that God is a dove.

Gotta figure these things out, GT.

I don't believe the Holy Spirit appeared as a dove. I believe he descended on Jesus like a dove descends.

Right Divider

Body part
Everything comes from the Father through his Son the logos. Its that simple.
1John 5:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:7) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Col 1:15-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:15) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: (1:16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: (1:17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. (1:18) And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.

ALL THINGS were created by the LORD Jesus Christ!

THEREFORE, He cannot be a CREATED being.

You are OUTSIDE of God's Word and believing a LIE.

keypurr

1John 5:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:7) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Col 1:15-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:15) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: (1:16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: (1:17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. (1:18) And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.

ALL THINGS were created by the LORD Jesus Christ!

THEREFORE, He cannot be a CREATED being.

You are OUTSIDE of God's Word and believing a LIE.

1 John 5:7, are you kidding me? This verse is not in the earliest m/s. It was inserted many years later.

Your understanding of Heb 1:3 is flawed.

You do not wish to see the word "creature" in Col 1:15.

Bury your head in tradition if you wish, its your life to do as you wish.

Most will agree with you, and that is ok with me. Most did not agree with our Lord and his Apostles neither.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
1 John 5:7, are you kidding me? This verse is not in the earliest m/s. It was inserted many years later.
The "earliest" manuscripts is someones opinion.

Your understanding of Heb 1:3 is flawed.
I did NOT quote Hebrews. I quoted COLOSSIANS.

You do not wish to see the word "creature" in Col 1:15.
  1. "Firstborn of every creature" is about His PREEMINENCE and NOT His being created.
  2. He CREATED ALL THINGS, therefore He is NOT just a "creature"... He is THE CREATOR.
  3. You are a heretic and outside of God's Word.

Bury your head in tradition if you wish, its your life to do as you wish.
Bury your head in your own self-centered "knowledge" is you wish. You are wrong about the LORD Jesus Christ.

Most will agree with you, and that is ok with me. Most did not agree with our Lord and his Apostles neither.
I don't care about "most" or your opinions. I agree with God and His Word.

keypurr

The "earliest" manuscripts is someones opinion.

I did NOT quote Hebrews. I quoted COLOSSIANS.

1. "Firstborn of every creature" is about His PREEMINENCE and NOT His being created.
  2. He CREATED ALL THINGS, therefore He is NOT just a "creature"... He is THE CREATOR.
  3. You are a heretic and outside of God's Word.

Bury your head in your own self-centered "knowledge" is you wish. You are wrong about the LORD Jesus Christ.

I don't care about "most" or your opinions. I agree with God and His Word.

Remain in the darkness if you wish.

I guess the translators were wrong to use the word "creature" in Col 1:15. Or "image" in Heb 1:3. There is no way to teach someone who has limited ability to think for themself. Just go sit and soak every Sunday to the half truths that you were taught.

I wish you well RD.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I guess the translators were wrong to use the word "creature" in Col 1:15.

There is no "creature" in Colossians 1:15.

For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. - Colossians 1:9-18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians1:9-18&version=NKJV

The word for "image" here means:

e9221b584319a743320f74c6d5bcb723.jpg

Both of those paragraphs are talking about Christ's preeminence. They are not saying nor are they implying that Christ was created.

Or "image" in Heb 1:3.

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. - Hebrews 1:1-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews1:1-4&version=NKJV

There's some meaning lost in the translation to english. Here is the greek:

1a854976fdfd2ceefe52ec30af7566ce.jpg

13cf72b89073702ea24c7d519e00f1cd.jpg

And here are the meanings of "charakter" and "hypostaseos", respectively:

5e5ccb8fbe3ec0c5068ff38bf4957ef9.jpg

9c42344e9e2a2abcfabe61ad7f463708.jpg

"radiance of His (the Father's) glory and exact expression of His (the Father's) substance"

There is no way to teach someone who has limited ability to think for themself. Just go sit and soak every Sunday to the half truths that you were taught.

Says the one who has turned his back on the church because he leans too much on his own understanding. You are the obstinate one, Keypurr. You refuse to even consider that you might be wrong.

Right Divider

Body part

I guess the translators were wrong to use the word "creature" in Col 1:15. Or "image" in Heb 1:3. There is no way to teach someone who has limited ability to think for themself. Just go sit and soak every Sunday to the half truths that you were taught.

I wish you well RD.
The LORD Jesus Christ created ALL THINGS keypurr, per COL 1:16

It is simple logic to understand that the CREATOR of ALL THINGS is NOT a CREATED being.

Stay in darkness if you wish.