The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

We agree on this GT.

Except he received much note than the Holy Spirit, he got the logos, the spirit son of God.

John the baptizer was filled with the Holy Spirit even before being born; but you do not think that Jesus had the Holy Spirit before birth.

Luke 1:15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

Jesus is the one who gives the Holy Spirit. Jesus gave John the baptizer the Holy Spirit before he was born.

Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

At Jesus' water baptism, the Holy Spirit came upon Jesus. That does not mean Jesus did not already have the Holy Spirit.

Jesus' apostles were given the Holy Spirit before Pentecost, but was given the Holy Spirit with power before and for their ministry.

John 20:22 And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Many scriptures in the Old Testament show how the Holy Spirit came with power upon someone.

God's Truth

We agree on this GT.

Except he received much more than the Holy Spirit, he got the logos, the spirit son of God.

You say 'more' than the Holy Spirit. Why would you say such a thing?

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God that goes forth.

That does not make it any less God.

The Holy Spirit IS the Spirit of God.

And, Jesus had the Holy Spirit in him even in his mother's womb.

There isn't three different Divine Spirits, there is One.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father:

God the Father is through all the saved, Ephesians 4:6

Jesus is through all the saved, John 17:26.

All things are from God the Father, 1 Corinthians 8:6.

All things are from Jesus, Romans 11:36.

God's Truth

We agree on this GT.

Except he received much more than the Holy Spirit, he got the logos, the spirit son of God.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Did you read that?

The ONLY GOD our SAVIOR.

JESUS IS CALLED THE SAVIOR, but you will NOT call Him the only God.

Isaiah 43:3 For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.

Did you read that?! JESUS is the WORD speaking there...JESUS is the Holy One of Israel! Jesus is the LORD God.

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Isaiah 62:11
The LORD has made proclamation to the ends of the earth: "Say to Daughter Zion, 'See, your Savior comes! See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him.'"

Isaiah 25:9
And it will be said in that day, "Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us. This is the LORD for whom we have waited; Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation."

Isaiah 33:22
For the LORD is our judge, The LORD is our lawgiver, The LORD is our king; He will save us—

The scriptures say that God the Father is King, and the scriptures say that Jesus is King. Do you think there are two Kings?! There is only one King and that proves Jesus is God the Father come as a Son.

The scriptures say that God the Father is the Savior, and the Holy One of Israel, do you think there are two different ones?

God's Truth

Keypurr,

How many Kings do you think there are?

Now you know we can only have one King, don't you keypurr?

1 Timothy 6:15
which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Revelation 17:14
They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

Revelation 19:16
On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Do you see now? There is only one God, and He is the Father, the Redeemer, the Savior, the Holy One of Israel, the ONE AND ONLY KING.

That is said about God the Father, and that is said about Jesus Christ.

Jesus is the One God come in the flesh as a Son.

God's Truth

God is the Holy One.

Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband-- the LORD Almighty is his name-- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.

Jesus is the Holy One.

Acts 3:14 You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you.

God's Truth

GOD is our Savior

Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Jesus is our God and Savior:

Titus 2:13 King James Bible
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What spirit was hr born with if he got the HS at his anointing?

Jesus was anointed by the holy spirit, the power of the Father, in the form of a dove for him to become the Christ.

Jesus was resurrected as Savior and as Christ becoming Jesus the Christ.

God's Truth

Jesus was anointed by the holy spirit, the power of the Father, in the form of a dove for him to become the Christ.

Jesus was resurrected as Savior and as Christ becoming Jesus the Christ.

Jesus was born the Christ, the Savior, the Redeemer. A mere man did not become the One and Only God. Jesus Christ was in the womb as the One and Only God come to us in the flesh as a Son.

God's Truth

God is the Redeemer

Psalm 78:35 They remembered that God was their Rock, that God Most High was their Redeemer.

Isaiah 48:17
This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.

Isaiah 54:8
In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you," says the LORD your Redeemer.

Jesus is the Redeemer

Luke 1:68
“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them.

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Galatians 3:14
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

keypurr

John the baptizer was filled with the Holy Spirit even before being born; but you do not think that Jesus had the Holy Spirit before birth.

Luke 1:15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

Jesus is the one who gives the Holy Spirit. Jesus gave John the baptizer the Holy Spirit before he was born.

Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

At Jesus' water baptism, the Holy Spirit came upon Jesus. That does not mean Jesus did not already have the Holy Spirit.

Jesus' apostles were given the Holy Spirit before Pentecost, but was given the Holy Spirit with power before and for their ministry.

John 20:22 And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Many scriptures in the Old Testament show how the Holy Spirit came with power upon someone.
Why would Jesus be given the Holy Spirit if he had it at birth?

Power is something else.

The power (logos) came as the dove.

Ponder on that for awhile.

keypurr

You say 'more' than the Holy Spirit. Why would you say such a thing?

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God that goes forth.

That does not make it any less God.

The Holy Spirit IS the Spirit of God.

And, Jesus had the Holy Spirit in him even in his mother's womb.

There isn't three different Divine Spirits, there is One.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father:

God the Father is through all the saved, Ephesians 4:6

Jesus is through all the saved, John 17:26.

All things are from God the Father, 1 Corinthians 8:6.

All things are from Jesus, Romans 11:36.
How many spirits does God have?

How many were created?

keypurr

God is the Holy One.

Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband-- the LORD Almighty is his name-- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.

Jesus is the Holy One.

Acts 3:14 You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you.
I see Jesus as the flesh son of God, not God. He has a God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How many spirits does God have?

How many were created?

God is one Spirit, 3 persons.

God created 2 soul-spirits, Adam and Eve. When a man and a woman get married and have sex, at the moment of conception a new soul-spirit is brought into existence in a literal flash of light. (This is why abortion is wrong, because it's the murder of a human being.)

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber