The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We sure took this Trinity thread off the beaten path!

Yeah, let's get back on.

Matthew 28:19-20 King James Version (KJV)

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Right Divider

Body part
I would have to say that the Father has always loved the Son.
How do you love without time?
I mean, what could even be done if it was timeless?
I think that this comes from thinking from a human perspective. It's hard to even image "outside of time" or "no time".

God and His love do not have these constraints.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, let's get back on.

Matthew 28:19-20 King James Version (KJV)

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
There are many quote-unquote Trinitarian verses in Scripture. All's that's needed to seal the deal on this topic, is to show that the post-Apostle Church was One, and that she believed and taught the Trinity, both of which are manifestly true. To even entertain the notion of non-Trinitarianism. Is untenable, based upon the likelihood of the vast, covert conspiracy that must have instead occurred, for the Apostles to have not taught and believed themselves, in the Trinity.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Remember this. The Holy Spirit will NEVER teach the trinity, or deity, or God the Son, or God the Holy Spirit. Because the Holy Spirit will only bring to remembrance what Jesus has already said. And None of them are written in scripture at all. So the Holy Spirit CANT teach them.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Son of God ENTERED into the Creation AS A MAN.
You take everything that we believe about God, and then you take this wonderful sentence of yours, and you can really see things in His parables in the same way in which He saw us.
Matthew 18
Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. 24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. 25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. 28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. 29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.​

keypurr

There are many quote-unquote Trinitarian verses in Scripture. All's that's needed to seal the deal on this topic, is to show that the post-Apostle Church was One, and that she believed and taught the Trinity, both of which are manifestly true. To even entertain the notion of non-Trinitarianism. Is untenable, based upon the likelihood of the vast, covert conspiracy that must have instead occurred, for the Apostles to have not taught and believed themselves, in the Trinity.
Good luck to you on that.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Jesus says he himself will live in the saved.

The scriptures say God the Father will live in the saved.

The scriptures also say there is one Spirit.

Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit of God the Father.

marhig

Jesus says he himself will live in the saved.

The scriptures say God the Father will live in the saved.

The scriptures also say there is one Spirit.

Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit of God the Father.

John 14

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

The is definitely 2 here!

God's Truth

John 14

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Read more carefully...there are three, but the three are one, and one means the same.

So you quote John 14:23 which tells us that the Father and Jesus will come to live with us, but you neglect to know the scripture that says there is only one Spirit. When we are saved the scriptures say we are given THE Holy Spirit. NOT HOLY SPIRITS with an 's'. So then, how do you get they are not one and the same when they both live in us and there is only ONE SPIRIT?

I will tell you how, it is because they are ONE AND THE SAME.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son.

I can give you many scriptures that say Jesus IS the Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Ephesians 2:18 Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

drbrumley

John 14

You are correct. Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus also said "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

So when did Jesus become the Son of God?

marhig

Read more carefully...there are three, but the three are one, and one means the same.

So you quote John 14:23 which tells us that the Father and Jesus will come to live with us, but you neglect to know the scripture that says there is only one Spirit. When we are saved the scriptures say we are given THE Holy Spirit. NOT HOLY SPIRITS with an 's'. So then, how do you get they are not one and the same when they both live in us and there is only ONE SPIRIT?

I will tell you how, it is because they are ONE AND THE SAME.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son.

I can give you many scriptures that say Jesus IS the Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Ephesians 2:18 Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Sorry GT I don't see that as you do, Jesus is not the father, he didn't pray to himself and he didn't strengthen himself either, God who is the father did.

And Jesus says that the father will send the comforter, so Jesus isn't the holy spirit either but his life is made manifest in our hearts by the spirit. All three are separate but they are all one in nature/essence.

But the father is above all, he is God. And he is the God, father and head of Christ. As it clearly says in the Bible.

This verse shows that Jesus isn't the father

John 14

These verses show that Jesus isn't the holy spirit

John 16

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

God's Truth

Sorry GT I don't see that as you do,

I understand you say you do not see it. Why didn't you reply though to what I said and the scriptures I gave? You are merely denying what I said.

The scriptures say there is ONE SPIRIT. So tell me how TWO different Spirits live inside the saved.

marhig

You are correct. Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus also said "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

So when did Jesus become the Son of God?

Jesus has always been the son of God, and he had always been under subjection to the father. He said that he came not to do his will, but to do the will of he who sent him.... The father. He also said the words he spoke were not his, but his father's, and every word that he heard, he spoke. He said without the father he could do nothing, and he said that the father was greater than he.

There is one God, and he is the father. As Jesus himself says in the Bible!

He said to Mary, I go to my father and your father, my God and your God.

drbrumley

Jesus has always been the son of God, and he had always been under subjection to the father. He said that he came not to do his will, but to do the will of he who sent him.... The father. He also said the words he spoke were not his, but his father's, and every word that he heard, he spoke. He said without the father he could do nothing, and he said that the father was greater than he.

There is one God, and he is the father. As Jesus himself says in the Bible!

He said to Mary, I go to my father and your father, my God and your God.

So was Jesus created?

God's Truth

Sorry GT I don't see that as you do, Jesus is not the father, he didn't pray to himself and he didn't strengthen himself either, God who is the father did.

And Jesus says that the father will send the comforter, so Jesus isn't the holy spirit either but his life is made manifest in our hearts by the spirit. All three are separate but they are all one in nature/essence.

But the father is above all, he is God. And he is the God, father and head of Christ. As it clearly says in the Bible.

This verse shows that Jesus isn't the father

John 14

These verses show that Jesus isn't the holy spirit

John 16

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

While Jesus was on earth during his ministry, the Holy Spirit was not given to all believers yet, not until Jesus died and was raised and returned to the Father, not until Pentecost could all believers receive the Holy Spirit.

John 16:7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

John 14:17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Jesus says to his Apostles that they know the Holy Spirit because he lives with them. JESUS WAS THE ONE LIVING WITH THEM. Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said that he would send another comforter, the Holy Spirit. He also said that he would not leave them as orphans that HE WILL COME TO THEM.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

This is at the time Jesus told them that he would send them another comforter. Jesus explains to them that it is HE.

Instead of their thinking Jesus is coming to live with them in the flesh again, he says another, because he is not coming to them in the flesh, but in another way...just in the Spirit.