The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I drove by a pond one clear day, and the sun was at such an angle that it was constantly glaring in through the passenger-side window, irritating the side of my vision as I drove. Even though I could only look over and see the one reflecting sun in the pond's surface, as I drove, this image followed me, and was there everywhere I was, but I could only see the image that was reflecting right at me, not the images that were reflecting parallel to me, those I had just seen and cannot see anymore, and those that I will see, as I continue to drive laterally with regard to the sun.

And from an airplane that day, the pilot would have seen that the whole pond was shimmering in the sun's glory. They could not see the image I could see as I drove along the road next to the pond. They saw their image, the one reflecting directly at the airplane's pilot, and this image is the whole pond reflecting the sun's glory, and so the pilot would have seen the outline of the pond, and not the sun's image, like I was seeing as I drove next to the pond.

I couldn't see the image of the outline of the pond like the pilot could have seen that day, from say 10,000 feet and up. All I could see was the sun, reflecting as a fiery orb, onto the pond's surface, and right into my face. The pilot couldn't have seen the orb from that height, they could have only seen the pond as a mirror, completely flushed in brilliant white light.

And that's just seeing some of the sun's reflecting light, we also can see the sun straight on, through about 14.7 lbs of air that is virtually and practically transparent to starlight and sunlight. The refractive index of air changes how the light looks, so there is another emanating cloak of light that we can see through orbiting telescopes or from spacecraft. This light is through the virtual vacuum of outer space, and it looks a little different without having to travel through 14.7 lbs of air in order to reach your eyes.

And God can see the whole radiance of the spherical sun all at once, along with all these other things I've described, like how the pilot that day could have seen the whole radiance of that pond, from the sun's light, except He sees the whole sun all at once. The God's eye view for the physical universe, moment-to-moment, is already very difficult to describe mathematically (roughly quantum and relativity) and impossible to visualize in our frontal lobes. The preceding I conjecture. I conjecture further that God's view of the passage of time is related to His view of the sun analogically, Him being able to simultaneously observe the sun from all radial angles. He must be able to do that with time too, whatever that analogy happens to be. /conjecture

Oh man!

# Beautiful!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
"Heavens" in Gen 1:1 refers to the three created heavens, of which the highest heaven is the third, the galaxies, stars and planets are the second, and our earth's atmosphere is the first.

GOD is infinite Being, transcendently dwelling in nothing but Himself.

I read that twice and enjoyed it both times!

Would it be fair to suppose that time is different in the 3rd "Heaven" than the time in the 1st and 2nd?

#Per your succinct and well written statement.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I read that twice and enjoyed it both times!

Would it be fair to suppose that time is different in the 3rd "Heaven" than the time in the 1st and 2nd?

#Per your succinct and well written statement.

We're free to suppose and speculate all we want but in the end our speculations must square with Scripture and sound logic, as you know.

I have never considered your question before, so I'll ponder it.

Thanks!

Right Divider

Body part
I think time itself could very well be an innate attribute of GOD.
Afterall, we read in scripture that GOD is light (an innate attribute), and yet we also see that GOD created light.
God is light is not speaking of a physical attribute. It is talking about Him being truth.

Time and space an inseparable unit. They are not two different things.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
God is light is not speaking of a physical attribute. It is talking about Him being truth.

Just for the sake of complicating things... are you listing these as unified to God or "Results" of God?

OIC... just understood your statement fully

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Question:

If the tree of life was brought up from the garden on earth to heaven, then why the need to place an angel at the garden to bar them access?

Because it wasn't immediately brought up to Heaven.

It most likely would have been brought up shortly before the Flood.

Remember, it's the same tree we see in Revelation with the 12 fruits.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't think time is a physical attribute either.
I mean, how does one go about creating an hour, or creating a year?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm going to bow out on answering this, because the theological answers and possibilities are quite numerous on both sides of the fence.

But,

Tambora questions are pretty hard to not want to answer.

#Tambora, master question-smith.

My favorite idea is that there is a thin veil that separates "Heaven" from the "Heavens" (Like the temple veil that once was) and only death allows us passage to whatever awaits us in this present age. From there, the idea is that the eternal is the tangible, while the dying is the actual intangible.

We are like babes in the womb of the carnal, striving for birth into the spiritual.

To expound on this further is to beyond the conjecture that would become super conjecture.

I am excited to see how [MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] answers
I think a better analogy would be that God made us to live life in two stages. Stage one is considered the front porch, and stage two would be the living room.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Is this a reference to the literal tree?

2 bodies possibly?

12 tribes of Israel
12 Apostles of Christ

#I did that to be difficult

The Tree of Life is a literal tree in both places in Scripture. There were two trees in the Garden, just like there are two covenants God has with Man, inside of one Garden, which I just now thought of could be representative of the one Gospel of the Bible... but don't quote me on that, I haven't studied enough numerology in the Bible yet. :)

The 12 fruits could be associated with the 12 tribes of Israel, but they could also be associated with the 12 months of the year.

You should check out new.kgov.com/three. Lots of stuff like this on that page.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because it wasn't immediately brought up to Heaven.

It most likely would have been brought up shortly before the Flood.

Remember, it's the same tree we see in Revelation with the 12 fruits.

Oh, I see what you are saying.
We might not have the same view, as I am not so sure that the new heaven and new earth are going to be a brand new creation out of nothing, but more of a renewing/cleansing of the one already created.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't think time is a physical attribute either.
I mean, how does one go about creating an hour, or creating a year?
Ask God.

Please do a little searching on the web for time and space. Particularly time dilation.

You'll see that time is not a separate thing, but is completely and totally bound to space.

Here are a couple to get you started:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation
http://creation.com/new-time-dilation-helps-creation-cosmology
http://www.icr.org/article/new-creationist-cosmology-no-time-at/

Time is also affected by gravity, showing the connection between time and matter.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_time_dilation

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The Tree of Life is a literal tree in both places in Scripture. There were two trees in the Garden, just like there are two covenants God has with Man, inside of one Garden, which I just now thought of could be representative of the one Gospel of the Bible... but don't quote me on that, I haven't studied enough numerology in the Bible yet. :)

The 12 fruits could be associated with the 12 tribes of Israel, but they could also be associated with the 12 months of the year.

You should check out new.kgov.com/three. Lots of stuff like this on that page.

In slow.. low and broaken tone..... "So.. here's the thing... I don't usually... go to links. But..." (Switching to upbeat tone) "JudgeRightly, you've given my posts much respect and time, so I will sit down with that link by tomorrow and digest it."

: )

And... it is a lot like God to do things literally and spiritually at the same time and then slam it all together in a way that sneaks up and Totally... Blows... Our... Minds!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
In slow.. low and broaken tone..... "So.. here's the thing... I don't usually... go to links. But..." (Switching to upbeat tone) "JudgeRightly, you've given my posts much respect and time, so I will sit down with that link by tomorrow and digest it."

: )

And... it is a lot like God to do things literally and spiritually at the same time and then slam it all together in a way that sneaks up and Totally... Blows... Our... Minds!
May as well check out new.kgov.com/time as well, while you're at it. Lots of information on that entire site. :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Time and space? Created by God.

God is light is a metaphor.

Totally understand and in the big picture, we all have expressed this in differing ways, but I could be wrong.

The flip is that God doesn't just "Create", but everything is "scripturally speaking" in Him.

Thus, the concept of God being capable of being apart from all is clear, but it becomes painfully clear that nothing can "be" apart from God.

# Perceptual curveball of conjecture.
# : )