The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What about Paul? He got his revelation directly from God, and he only baptized in Jesus' name. Why did God tell him directly to baptize in Jesus' name if it was really supposed to be in a triune name?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Paul said this;

1 Corinthians 1:17 New King James Version (NKJV)

17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

SimpleMan77

Paul said this;

1 Corinthians 1:17 New King James Version (NKJV)

17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

You're right, but wrong in your understanding.

Acts 19 does not say that Paul personally baptized the 12 people there, but he absolutely had them baptized by someone there, and it was in Jesus' name.

Paul never said the Corinthians weren't baptized, he said he was glad that he was not the one who had personally performed it

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're right, but wrong in your understanding.

Acts 19 does not say that Paul personally baptized the 12 people there, but he absolutely had them baptized by someone there, and it was in Jesus' name.

Paul never said the Corinthians weren't baptized, he said he was glad that he was not the one who had personally performed it

I will still stand on the Gospel of Matthew.

Matthew 28:19 New King James Version (NKJV)

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

SimpleMan77

[MENTION=4465]Bright Raven[/MENTION] the question remains the same:

If Paul got his revelation directly from God, why would he have his assistants baptize people in the name of Jesus?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[MENTION=4465]Bright Raven[/MENTION] the question remains the same:

If Paul got his revelation directly from God, why would he have his assistants baptize people in the name of Jesus?

I would think that Christ's command would override Paul.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is there any commandment of Jesus Christ that you obey at all times?

There are two;

Mark 12:29-31New International Version (NIV)

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[c] There is no commandment greater than these.”

SimpleMan77

I would think that Christ's command would override Paul.

My point is that Paul did exactly what God had revealed to him to do. If he had people baptized in Jesus' name, you can be sure it was because God had told him to do so directly.

So, if the Apostles, who had been personally trained by Jesus, and who would have died rather than disobey him, interpreted Matthew 28:19 as a command to baptize in Jesus' name, then the "name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" must be "Jesus".

And, if the apostle Paul, who received all his instructions straight from God out of heaven, baptized in Jesus' name, it must be God's plan.

So both the Apostles and Paul obeyed Matthew 28:19 by having people baptized in Jesus' name.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My point is that Paul did exactly what God had revealed to him to do. If he had people baptized in Jesus' name, you can be sure it was because God had told him to do so directly.

So, if the Apostles, who had been personally trained by Jesus, and who would have died rather than disobey him, interpreted Matthew 28:19 as a command to baptize in Jesus' name, then the "name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" must be "Jesus".

And, if the apostle Paul, who received all his instructions straight from God out of heaven, baptized in Jesus' name, it must be God's plan.

So both the Apostles and Paul obeyed Matthew 28:19 by having people baptized in Jesus' name.

Where does scripture say that Paul baptized in the name of Jesus only?

SimpleMan77

The Trinity

Paul had people baptized throughout the book of Acts, including the Corinthians who you mentioned earlier (see Acts 18:8). While it tells of multiple people he had baptized, it only goes into detail about how he baptized in one of of the accounts - Acts 19.

Paul was not unsettled and unstable. If he had one group of people to be baptized in Jesus' name, you can be sure that he was consistent.

Last edited:

Lilstu

Romans 6:3
Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

Galatians 3:27
For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other.

Lilstu

How do you know that you love God with all your heart, mind and soul? What do you use to compare yourself too to determine the truth about yourself?

Jesus had an interesting conversation with a Scribe which is relevant to this thread.
Mark 12:28-34 (New American Standard Bible)
28One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?"
29Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;
30AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.'
31"The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these."
32The scribe said to Him, "Right, Teacher; You have truly stated that HE IS ONE, AND THERE IS NO ONE ELSE BESIDES HIM;
33AND TO LOVE HIM WITH ALL THE HEART AND WITH ALL THE UNDERSTANDING AND WITH ALL THE STRENGTH, AND TO LOVE ONE'S NEIGHBOR AS HIMSELF, is much more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." 34When Jesus saw that he had answered intelligently, He said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." After that, no one would venture to ask Him any more questions.

The question that you have to ask is.....What was the Scribe's understanding of the nature of God? I think that it is obvious that the Scribe believed ""HE IS ONE, AND THERE IS NO ONE ELSE BESIDES HIM; ""[Deut 4:35]

Jesus concurs with the Scribe's assessment when he ""saw that he had answered intelligently"" and Jesus said...."You are not far from the kingdom of God."

SimpleMan77

Jesus had an interesting conversation with a Scribe which is relevant to this thread.
Mark 12:28-34 (New American Standard Bible)
28One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?"
29Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;
30AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.'
31"The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these."
32The scribe said to Him, "Right, Teacher; You have truly stated that HE IS ONE, AND THERE IS NO ONE ELSE BESIDES HIM;
33AND TO LOVE HIM WITH ALL THE HEART AND WITH ALL THE UNDERSTANDING AND WITH ALL THE STRENGTH, AND TO LOVE ONE'S NEIGHBOR AS HIMSELF, is much more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." 34When Jesus saw that he had answered intelligently, He said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." After that, no one would venture to ask Him any more questions.

The question that you have to ask is.....What was the Scribe's understanding of the nature of God? I think that it is obvious that the Scribe believed ""HE IS ONE, AND THERE IS NO ONE ELSE BESIDES HIM; ""[Deut 4:35]

Jesus concurs with the Scribe's assessment when he ""saw that he had answered intelligently"" and Jesus said...."You are not far from the kingdom of God."

The scribe, along with every other Jewish person, is and was monotheistic - believing that God is one in person. Jesus agreed, knowing the scribe's intent and understanding.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Trinity is biblical.

https://carm.org/trinity

I said
The only thing biblical about the trinity is that it is satan who is the three in one god of the trinity.

AND THE DEITY OF SATAN

xxxThe devil is a deity.

4567 Satanas (sat-an-as');

of Aramaic origin corresponding to 4566 (with the definite affix); the accuser, i.e. the devil:

KJV-- Satan.

1140 daimonion (dahee-mon'-ee-on);

neuter of a derivative of 1142; a daemonic being; by extension a deity:

KJV-- devil, god.

The only three in one trinity god in the bible is the dragon, devil, satan.

2316 theos (theh'-os);

of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:

KJV-- X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
(NKJ)

xxx There is only one three in one god in the whole bible. Satan is useing the trinity to mock the living God.

Rev 20:2
2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
The only thing biblical about the trinity is that it is satan who is the three in one god of the trinity.

AND THE DEITY OF SATAN

xxxThe devil is a deity.

4567 Satanas (sat-an-as');

of Aramaic origin corresponding to 4566 (with the definite affix); the accuser, i.e. the devil:

KJV-- Satan.

1140 daimonion (dahee-mon'-ee-on);

neuter of a derivative of 1142; a daemonic being; by extension a deity:

KJV-- devil, god.

The only three in one trinity god in the bible is the dragon, devil, satan.

2316 theos (theh'-os);

of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:

KJV-- X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
(NKJ)

xxx There is only one three in one god in the whole bible. Satan is useing the trinity to mock the living God.

2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
(NKJ)

You speak of the unholy Trinity; Satan, beast and false prophet which is a counterfeit of the Holy Trinity; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You speak of the unholy Trinity; Satan, beast and false prophet which is a counterfeit of the Holy Trinity; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I said
Your trying to twist it again. Why do you do that? I'm speaking of the dragon, devil, satan.

(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Your trying to twist it again. Why do you do that? I'm speaking of the dragon, devil, satan.

(NKJ)

Even you know the truth Squeaky but refuse to believe it. Satan can counterfeit anything.