The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
SCRIPTURAL PROOF

John 17:6-8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 “I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7 Now they have come to know that everything You have given Me is from You; 8 for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.

So as we can see, Jesus was GIVEN everything he had! This all included miracles, doctrine etc. Basically Jesus did not do anything of his own, he never performed a miracle by his own power, he was given the miracles. He never taught anything of his own, rather he was taught by God and spoke what God told him to speak.

John 7:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)
So Jesus answered them and said, “My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me.

John 8:26New American Standard Bible (NASB)
I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and the things which I heard from Him, these I speak to the world.”

John 14:24New American Standard Bible (NASB)
He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

So everything Jesus had was from God, from the Gospel to his miracles. God needs no one to give him power, God needs no one to tell him what to do, therefore Jesus is not God.

I said
Very good.

marhig

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God,
The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

So the son that was given is to be called The Everlasting Father and The Mighty God

God was manifest in the flesh, God was received up into glory.

Yep, He's God.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God manifest in flesh is the fullness spirit of God in Jesus. Jesus was dead to his flesh and this world and the spirit of God was seen in full strength through him. God was with him, but he isn't God.

Also you quoted this,

So the son that was given is to be called The Everlasting Father and The Mighty God

Jesus is the Mighty God, but he's not the Almighty God. There's only one of them and that's the father. Jesus was exhalted by the father and set at his right hand and everything he did was please the father and he was strengthened by the father he prayed to the father, he was sent by him and did his will. But he isn't the father. There is only one father and he is God. Jesus never ever said that he was God, but the son of God and he said that the father was his father also and that he was a brother.

And God is the God of Jesus Christ too, Jesus also says so himself, Jesus said that God was his God and that the father is greater than him. And without the father he could do nothing.

marhig

Over the years yes, all of it. Did you read it?
You don't need to read extra add ons, we have the Bible it has everything we need to know. And there's no trinity in it, no God the son nothing.

But there is God the father, and Jesus Christ the son of the living God and the holy spirit of God and they are all are one, and so are we one with them once we are born of God! But that doesn't make us God or part of a trinity. The trinity isn't Biblical. The Bible teaches that there is one God, and he's the God and father of all, including Jesus.

Do you think that God would have left something so important as God the son out of the Bible if it was the truth? No God the son would definitely be in there if it were true, but it isn't written anywhere on the Bible.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't need to read extra add ons, we have the Bible it has everything we need to know. And there's no trinity in it, no God the son nothing.

But there is God the father, and Jesus Christ the son of the living God and the holy spirit of God and they are all are one, and so are we one with them once we are born of God! But that doesn't make us God or part of a trinity. The trinity isn't Biblical. The Bible teaches that there is one God, and he's the God and father of all, including Jesus.

Do you think that God would have left something so important as God the son out of the Bible if it was the truth? No God the son would definitely be in there if it were true, but it isn't written anywhere on the Bible.
Matthew 28:19-20New American Standard Bible (NASB)

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

1 John 5:7-8New American Standard Bible (NASB)

7 For there are three that testify: 8 the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

The Father called God, Philippians 1:2, The Son Called God John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9, The Spirit called God Acts 5:3-4.

marhig

No ...look around...do you see a peaceful world? A just world? A world filled with righteousness?

Sorry, I think I've explained what I mean in the wrong way, I mean that Jesus brought peace justice and righteousness when he came to those who believed on him, all three were in him, and if he's in the heart of his people, then peace, justice and righteousness will be in them too. I've never felt peace like I do now, and I know I'm being judged on my actions now that I know God and I know that he is cleansing my heart because he's changing my heart to be more like his.

I hope I've explained myself better :)

SimpleMan77

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

7 For there are three that testify: 8 the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

The Father called God, Philippians 1:2, The Son Called God John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9, The Spirit called God Acts 5:3-4.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

SimpleMan77

Why did the apostles, who were hand-trained for over 240,000 man-hours by Jesus, determine that in order to obey Matthew 28:19, they should baptize in Jesus name? Is it possible that it was because "in Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2:9), and because Isaiah 9:6 said that the Son's name would be the Everlasting Father?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why did the apostles, who were hand-trained for over 240,000 man-hours by Jesus, determine that in order to obey Matthew 28:19, they should baptize in Jesus name? Is it possible that it was because "in Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2:9), and because Isaiah 9:6 said that the Son's name would be the Everlasting Father?

And your point is?

SimpleMan77

[MENTION=4465]Bright Raven[/MENTION] I simply want to find out your explanation of Matthew 28:19. Either

1. Jesus never said that, and really instructed His disciples to baptize in His name, which they obeyed in all of Acts

2. Jesus really did say to baptize in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, meaning they were to repeat those words, and the Apostles simply didn't obey when the baptized in Jesus' name

3. Jesus said those words, and the Apostles obeyed by baptizing in Jesus name. That would mean to me that the name "Jesus" is the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

I don't see any other option for explaining Matthew 28:19.

In your opinion did the Apostles obey or disobey that verse? And please explain why you come to your conclusion.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[MENTION=4465]Bright Raven[/MENTION] I simply want to find out your explanation of Matthew 28:19. Either

1. Jesus never said that, and really instructed His disciples to baptize in His name, which they obeyed in all of Acts

2. Jesus really did say to baptize in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, meaning they were to repeat those words, and the Apostles simply didn't obey when the baptized in Jesus' name

3. Jesus said those words, and the Apostles obeyed by baptizing in Jesus name. That would mean to me that the name "Jesus" is the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

I don't see any other option for explaining Matthew 28:19.

In your opinion did the Apostles obey or disobey that verse? And please explain why you come to your conclusion.

I believe we have obeyed throughout history, in that we are baptized in the name of the Triune God.

SimpleMan77

I believe we have obeyed throughout history, in that we are baptized in the name of the Triune God.

I understand that you think the way you do it now is right, but you dodged my question. It was about why the Apostles did what they did.

Why did the men who Jesus hand-picked and personally trained baptize in the name of Jesus? Which of the 3 options in my post above?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I understand that you think the way you do it now is right, but you dodged my question. It was about why the Apostles did what they did.

Why did the men who Jesus hand-picked and personally trained baptize in the name of Jesus? Which of the 3 options in my post above?

The second.