The Timelessness of God

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Omniscience is an attribute of God.

God elected a people He foreknew in Christ. (Knowing He was not creating equals, but men who would fall short of His glory.)

God created.

Wickedness was committed by man.*

*Event in time.

You have clearly implied free Will here. You don't see it, but it's there.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes it does
#Agreeable @Evil.Eye.<(I)>

But only in the framework of a universe bound to time.
Let me get this straight .....

It seems that you are saying that 'BEFORE' and 'AFTER' happen in timelessness as well as time?
Then what is the difference???????????????

How can that which is bound to sequence and time... know the future?
Sequence and time are inseparable. You can't have sequence without time.
Does scripture show GOD doing anything that is NOT in sequence?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Omniscience is an attribute of God.

God elected a people He foreknew in Christ. (Knowing He was not creating equals, but men who would fall short of His glory.)

God created.

Wickedness was committed by man.*

*Event in time.
Was it Adam that made the thorns and weeds appear, or GOD?
Would you consider thorns and weeds to be 'order' or 'calamity'?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You have clearly implied free Will here. You don't see it, but it's there.

Man was created with a will which was free, conditioned upon whether he choose to live according to God's commands. Man used his will (moral agency) to disobey rather than obey, which was wicked.

Since that original sin, mankinds' will is naturally held enslaved to serving only sin, death, and the devil and no longer can be called a "free" will.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Was it Adam that made the thorns and weeds appear, or GOD?
Would you consider thorns and weeds to be 'order' or 'calamity'?

Thorns, weeds, and painful childbirth are manifestations of divine judgements against sin. They are calamities caused by A&E, but orderly justice rendered by God for their disobedience.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Almost airtight,

But... how did God foretell the coming of Alexander the Great through prophets, if He "doesn't" know the future and have the ability to "tell" it?
The same way He could predict a man named Cyrus would come along and do something neat.
Didn't have to have timelessness to do that.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thorns, weeds, and painful childbirth are manifestations of divine judgements against sin. They are calamities caused by A&E, but orderly justice rendered by God for their disobedience.
Only GOD made them appear, Nang.
Why He did it does not negate the fact that He did it.
Do you consider thorns and weeds as 'order' or 'calamity'?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Man was created with a will which was free, conditioned upon whether he choose to live according to God's commands. Man used his will (moral agency) to disobey rather than obey, which was wicked.

Since that original sin, mankinds' will is naturally held enslaved to serving only sin, death, and the devil and no longer can be called a "free" will.
Hold on.
Adam had a will that was free, but still conditional on living according to GOD's will.
What has changed? Man still has that same condition, does it not?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Only GOD made them appear, Nang.
Why He did it does not negate the fact that He did it.
Do you consider thorns and weeds as 'order' or 'calamity'?

Both . .

They are calamities caused by A&E, but orderly justice rendered by God for their disobedience.

Cause and effect of wickedness, manifested.

(It was the conscious willfulness of Adam to disobey the holy command, that caused sin and brought justice upon himself and all his future progeny. This was the Covenant of Works breached. Hosea 6:7)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Let me get this straight .....

It seems that you are saying that 'BEFORE' and 'AFTER' happen in timelessness as well as time?
Then what is the difference???????????????

Sequence and time are inseparable. You can't have sequence without time.
Does scripture show GOD doing anything that is NOT in sequence?

Razor sharp questioning...

It will take "time" to answer this.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hold on.
Adam had a will that was free, but still conditional on living according to GOD's will.
What has changed? Man still has that same condition, does it not?

No. Mankinds' will is now held in bondage to sin. He cannot and does not want to serve God. This is spiritual death caused by sins and transgressions. (Ephesians 2:1-3) But all unsaved souls are still held accountable under this old Covenant of Works to obey God's Law, and all men continue to breach it, just like A&E.

This is exactly why God promised a Seed to Eve who would rectify this calamity. Genesis 3:15 This is the new Covenant of Grace that a remnant of mankind will be rescued under, and freed from the Law and works, in order to serve God in righteousness, by faith in Jesus Christ unto everlasting life. Romans 3:19-31

john w

Hall of Fame
But all unsaved souls are still held accountable under this old Covenant of Works to obey God's Law, and all men continue to breach it, just like A&E.

old Covenant of Works=made up term-no scriptural backing-winged it-from her "Reformed/Deformed" SOF-not in the book.

This is the new Covenant of Grace that a remnant of mankind will be rescued under, and freed from the Law and works, in order to serve God in righteousness, by faith in Jesus Christ unto everlasting life. Romans 3:19-31

the new Covenant of Grace=made up term-no scriptural backing-winged it-from her "Reformed/Deformed" SOF-not in the book.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. Mankinds' will is now held in bondage to sin. He cannot and does not want to serve God. This is spiritual death caused by sins and transgressions. (Ephesians 2:1-3) But all unsaved souls are still held accountable under this old Covenant of Works to obey God's Law, and all men continue to breach it, just like A&E.

This is exactly why God promised a Seed to Eve who would rectify this calamity. Genesis 3:15 This is the new Covenant of Grace that a remnant of mankind will be rescued under, and freed from the Law and works, in order to serve God in righteousness, by faith in Jesus Christ unto everlasting life. Romans 3:19-31
Nothing changed about GOD wanting man to do what He commands.
It's the same He wanted of A&E.
No matter how much the surrounding environment changed (thorns and death and all that calamity going on), GOD wanting man to do His command never changed.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
[MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION],

I have a sarcastic way about me, and I was trying to feel you out.

However,

This thread is on time (timelessness of God), and you said that the 24 hour day was irrelevant. I fully assert biblical counter argument.

Genesis 1:5

My seemingly wisecracking submission of my last 2 comments were tied to your statement that the "measure" of time is just an idea and the universes provision of tracking time is irrelevant. For us, according to the inspiration of God, through Moses, in the book of Genesis, there is a distinct purpose for the "measure" of time in God's plans for the "fading" universe.
This has to do with why one would measure time.

You didn't ask me why time was measured, you asked me HOW it was measured.

They WHY may very well be anything but arbitrary but the HOW is.

Edited in addition... The wise men were kin to astrologers and they knew that God was going to join with humanity. They read the stars and writings about the stars to understand this. This shows that God intended us to conceptualize time in a very important way.
I agree...

Genesis 1:14 - And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

I also submit that the concept of time travel is based on anomalies of Einsteins theory of relativity. This seems whacky... but...

Before you jump on the idea that Einestein isn't valid, note that physicists are now experiencing mysteries in the "micro" (particle) aspect of physics that are pointing to time being a type of "dimension" that assists in the allocation of space and the universe. If you go into the concept of a teseract...

#
Tesseract.gif

...You will find that complex math, Physics and Astro-physics are repeatedly pointing to the fading universe being subject to a mysterious observer that is beyond the fading universe that is "bound to the decay of death."

The ephemeral keeps showing itself subject to something infinite. This is a debate point for the scientific proof of the existence of God.

It also shows that God intended us to conceptualize time, though, He Himself is outside of it.

# Conjecture, but stoutly supportable conjecture.
You cannot even say the words "exists outside of time" without contradicting yourself, as I've already argued in another post. The entire idea is a self-defeating falsehood.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You do not believe in the law of cause and effect?
So GOD is bound to react to what man does?

And if thorns and weeds are 'good' and 'order' then why are they gonna be burned up?

Was the tree of knowledge of good and evil a good tree?