The Timelessness of God

Right Divider

Body part
I would have to say yes.

And logic and numbers are also part of our world.
Things can be part of our world without having to be created.
Who ever implied that all things in our world have to be created?

Basic Newtonian physics shows that time and space are not separable. Look at Newtons second law as an example.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who ever implied that all things in our world have to be created?
No one that I'm aware of.

Basic Newtonian physics shows that time and space are not separable. Look at Newtons second law as an example.
It's a theory.
There is no proof of timelessness anywhere in scripture.
Scripture shows GOD doing things in sequence.
Does not sequence automatically imply time?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
No one that I'm aware of.

It's a theory.
There is no proof of timelessness anywhere in scripture.
Scripture shows GOD doing things in sequence.
Does not sequence automatically imply time?

Yes it does
#Agreeable [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]

But only in the framework of a universe bound to time. Foreknowledge implies a specific wisdom and full understanding of the future, which creates a sort of paradox. How can that which is bound to sequence and time... know the future?
#Devil's advocate [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Yes. That is my point.

Does your understanding of omniscience factor into election?

More specifically, which came first?

Election or Wickendness.... as in... Did God create us with "free Will" and through foreknowledge, understood He was creating a wicked person, or... did God create the person to be wicked?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yes it does
#Agreeable [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]

But only in the framework of a universe bound to time. Foreknowledge implies a specific wisdom and full understanding of the future, which creates a sort of paradox. How can that which is bound to sequence and time... know the future?
#Devil's advocate [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]

Divine "Foreknowledge" is not telling the future, but knowledge that preceded creation. Believers were known by God in Christ BEFORE the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:4-5

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Does your understanding of omniscience factor into election?

More specifically, which came first?

Election or Wickendness.... as in... Did God create us with "free Will" and through foreknowledge, understood He was creating a wicked person, or... did God create the person to be wicked?

Omniscience is an attribute of God.

God elected a people He foreknew in Christ. (Knowing He was not creating equals, but men who would fall short of His glory.)

God created.

Wickedness was committed by man.*

*Event in time.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Divine "Foreknowledge" is not telling the future, but knowledge that preceded creation. Believers were known by God in Christ BEFORE the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:4-5

Almost airtight,

But... how did God foretell the coming of Alexander the Great through prophets, if He "doesn't" know the future and have the ability to "tell" it?