ECT The Throne of David

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The throne of David is earthly.
It was never a heavenly throne.
Christ did not have to become an earthly son of David for a heavenly throne.

God's Truth

The throne of David is earthly.
It was never a heavenly throne.
Christ did not have to become an earthly son of David for a heavenly throne.

Jesus had to become a blood relative of Abraham and David so that God could fulfill His promise that a blood relative would be the Savior.

God's Truth

Where is the land which the LORD gave to Jacob located?:

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people" (Ez.37:25-27).​

That is fulfilled:

Hebrews 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,

God's Truth

1 Cor 15
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

You disagree with Paul.

For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

God has put everything under Jesus' feet. Jesus overcame death. When Jesus raises us from the dead, then he will throw death and hell in the lake of fire. Then he will have DESTROYED HIS LAST ENEMY. However, everything has been put under his feet.

Jerry Shugart

'how then is he his son?' is about Christs one enthronement.

One enthronement?

Before the Lord Jesus was made flesh was He not enthroned in this sense?:

"The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all" (Ps.103:19).​

But the following verse speaks of an entirely different throne, a throne which cannot be an eternal throne:

"He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Lk.1:32,33).​

Interplanner

One enthronement?

Before the Lord Jesus was made flesh was He not enthroned in this sense?:

"The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all" (Ps.103:19).​

But the following verse speaks of an entirely different throne, a throne which cannot be an eternal throne:

"He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Lk.1:32,33).​

He left his throne (Phil 2), came down, performed an amazing feat and was to be enthroned for doing so. THAT enthronement. Which David himself is quoted as saying that is the one and is the resurrection. You sound totally unfamiliar with the Bible and very much a cheerleader for 2P2P, which is losing 48-0.

God's Truth

He left his throne (Phil 2), came down, performed an amazing feat and was to be enthroned for doing so. THAT enthronement. Which David himself is quoted as saying that is the one and is the resurrection. You sound totally unfamiliar with the Bible and very much a cheerleader for 2P2P, which is losing 48-0.

Exactly.

Right Divider

Body part
Two wrongs (you and GT), don't make a right.

I truly wonder how you guys can be so dense and the only possible explanation is unbelief.

Luke 1:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. (1:32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (1:33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

"The throne of his father David" and "the house of Jacob" are completely CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS and yet you guys cannot understand it.

David's throne is this:

1Kgs 2:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:12) ¶ Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.

1Chr 29:23 (AKJV/PCE)
(29:23) Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him.

Just as plain as day, but you guys cannot understand it because you have a fairy story that you must protect at all costs.

God's Truth

Two wrongs (you and GT), don't make a right.

I truly wonder how you guys can be so dense and the only possible explanation is unbelief.

Luke 1:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. (1:32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (1:33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

"The throne of his father David" and "the house of Jacob" are completely CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS and yet you guys cannot understand it.

David's throne is this:

1Kgs 2:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:12) ¶ Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.

1Chr 29:23 (AKJV/PCE)
(29:23) Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him.

Just as plain as day, but you guys cannot understand it because you have a fairy story that you must protect at all costs.

The House of Jacob are the Israelites. They are the blood descendants of Jacob, the Jewish nation.

The Jews wanted an earthly king.

1 Samuel 8:7 6But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the LORD. 7The LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them. 8"Like all the deeds which they have done since the day that I brought them up from Egypt even to this day-- in that they have forsaken Me and served other gods-- so they are doing to you also.

1 Samuel 8:19Nevertheless, the people refused to listen to the voice of Samuel, and they said, "No, but there shall be a king over us

20that we also may be like all the nations, that our king may judge us and go out before us and fight our battles."

This throne was a throne of the kingdom of God.

1 Chronicles 28:5 Of all my sons--and the LORD has given me many--he has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel.

This was the last time there was an earthly king over God's kingdom:

Ezekiel 21:25 “…and thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high. I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.”

Jesus is the righteous one who would sit on the throne.

Isaiah 16:5“And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.”

Amos 9:11“In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:”

So we see from the scriptures that the earthly throne of Israel was actually God's throne.

We can see from the scriptures that the Jews wanted a man to sit on that throne.

That does not negate the truth being that THAT THRONE David end up having was God's throne, but on earth because that is what the Jews wanted. They rejected God and chose an earthly king.

Jesus is the righteous one who is NOW SITTING on that throne.

When Jesus comes again, it will be at the resurrection of the dead.

That is the last judgment and when all enemies are put under him.

THEN the NEW JERUSALEM will come down on the NEW EARTH---and Jesus HANDS OVER THE KINGDOM to the Father.

Jesus is Ruler of everything, not just over an earthly Israel.

God's Truth

Jesus makes a holy nation of people for the kingdom. Those people are all the people of the world who come to God through Jesus. They are not just those blood related to Abraham. They are all nations of people and we all together are called Israel.

Jerry Shugart

Then why did the Lord Jesus say this?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory"
(Mt.25:31).​

"THEN" shall He sit upon the throne of his glory. "THEN" when He returns to the earth.

Right Divider

Body part
The House of Jacob are the Israelites. They are the blood descendants of Jacob, the Jewish nation.

The Jews wanted an earthly king.

1 Samuel 8:7 6But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the LORD. 7The LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them. 8"Like all the deeds which they have done since the day that I brought them up from Egypt even to this day-- in that they have forsaken Me and served other gods-- so they are doing to you also.

1 Samuel 8:19Nevertheless, the people refused to listen to the voice of Samuel, and they said, "No, but there shall be a king over us

20that we also may be like all the nations, that our king may judge us and go out before us and fight our battles."

This throne was a throne of the kingdom of God.

1 Chronicles 28:5 Of all my sons--and the LORD has given me many--he has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel.

This was the last time there was an earthly king over God's kingdom:

Ezekiel 21:25 “…and thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high. I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.”

Jesus is the righteous one who would sit on the throne.

Isaiah 16:5“And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.”

Amos 9:11“In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:”

So we see from the scriptures that the earthly throne of Israel was actually God's throne.

We can see from the scriptures that the Jews wanted a man to sit on that throne.

That does not negate the truth being that THAT THRONE David end up having was God's throne, but on earth because that is what the Jews wanted. They rejected God and chose an earthly king.

When Jesus comes again, it will be at the resurrection of the dead.

That is the last judgment and when all enemies are put under him.

THEN the NEW JERUSALEM will come down on the NEW EARTH---and Jesus HANDS OVER THE KINGDOM to the Father.

Jesus is Ruler of everything, not just over an earthly Israel.
That's a very cute post. Many things in it are completely incorrect and confused.

Note firstly, that I never said that Christ's kingship is limited to only the earth.

The THRONE of DAVID over the HOUSE OF JACOB is an earthly throne on which Christ will one day sit to rule His people Israel (i.e., the house or Jacob).

Jesus is NOT now sitting on His throne in Jerusalem. That is your contrived and silly idea.

Matt 25:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(25:31) ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: (25:32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats: (25:33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

THAT is when Christ will sit on THAT THRONE.

Heb 2:5-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:5) For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak. (2:6) But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? (2:7) Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: (2:8) Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing [that is] not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. (2:9) But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

That is another truth that you reject, like you do so much of the Bible.

God's Truth

Then why did the Lord Jesus say this?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory"
(Mt.25:31).​

"THEN" shall He sit upon the throne of his glory. "THEN" when He returns to the earth.

He will be sitting on a throne in the clouds. It is a white throne judgment.

God's Truth

That's a very cute post. Many things in it are completely incorrect and confused.

Note firstly, that I never said that Christ's kingship is limited to only the earth.

The THRONE of DAVID over the HOUSE OF JACOB is an earthly throne on which Christ will one day sit to rule His people Israel (i.e., the house or Jacob).

Jesus is NOT now sitting on His throne in Jerusalem. That is your contrived and silly idea.

I have proven with scripture that the earthly thrown was God’s throne. Do you think that God would sit on an earthly throne? Do you think that Jesus would?

Matt 25:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(25:31) ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: (25:32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats: (25:33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

THAT is when Christ will sit on THAT THRONE.

Jesus is sitting on his Father’s throne now.

When Jesus comes again, he will sit on a throne in the clouds and that is the great white throne judgment time. That is the last judgment when all enemies are put under him.

Heb 2:5-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:5) For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak. (2:6) But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? (2:7) Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: (2:8) Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing [that is] not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. (2:9) But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

That is another truth that you reject, like you do so much of the Bible.

How do you ever get that that scripture disproves what I said?