ECT The Throne of David

Interplanner

All you do Jerry is ignore how the NT says things and what it is about.

I mean, you just keep doing it like Goebbels saying that if you do it 1000x, it will 'become' true. You never deal with the NT.

SaulToPaul 2

Absolutely, yes!

Jesus Christ reigns over all things, in His Kingdom, now and forever.

1 Cor 15
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

You disagree with Paul.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
1 Cor 15

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

You disagree with Paul.

Jesus Christ destroyed the power of the devil, which is death, on the cross and in His resurrection.

Hebrews 2:14-15

If you do not believe Christ has destroyed death, you lack faith to believe in your own bodily resurrection. Your unbelief robs you of any basis for hoping in a resurrection from death.

And you believe not, because you refuse to read ALL the Holy Scriptures . . .

Matthew 4:4

SaulToPaul 2

Jesus Christ destroyed the power of the devil, which is death, on the cross and in His resurrection.

Hebrews 2:14-15

If you do not believe Christ has destroyed death, you lack faith to believe in your own bodily resurrection. Your unbelief robs you of any basis for hoping in a resurrection from death.

And you believe not, because you refuse to read ALL the Holy Scriptures . . .

Matthew 4:4

Death has not been destroyed, see Revelation when death and hades are cast into the lake of fire
AFTER the LORD returns.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Death has not been destroyed, see Revelation when death and hades are cast into the lake of fire
AFTER the LORD returns.

Judgment Day is the end of this world when all things will be brought to light and made manifest, including Christ's cross victory over sin, death, and the devil.

Thereafter, all things become new. Revelation 21:4-5

SaulToPaul 2

Judgment Day is the end of this world when all things will be brought to light and made manifest, including Christ's cross victory over sin, death, and the devil.

Thereafter, all things become new. Revelation 21:4-5

AFTER the LORD returns.

This matches 1 Cor 15.

SaulToPaul 2

People still die and go to hades, Nang.
In the end, there will be no more death, no more hades.
This matches 1 Cor 15.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
People still die and go to hades, Nang.
In the end, there will be no more death, no more hades.
This matches 1 Cor 15.

There is no more death and no more hades, at this present time, for those who abide by faith in Christ Jesus.

John 11:25-26

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Still, death has not been destroyed, which is what 1 Cor 15 is talking about.

Sin, death, and the devil have been destroyed for those justified (forgiven) by faith in Jesus Christ.

I Corinthians 15 is not a message to the unbelieving world at large. Unregenerated, unrepentant, unsaved sinners still suffer death because of their unbelief. John 3:18

Jerry Shugart

One more time,1 Cor 15

Anyone who actually thinks that all of His enemies have been destroyed do not have a grip on reality.

Do they really think that this has already happened?:

"The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries" (Ps.110:5-6).​

Do they really think that the following prophecy has already been fulfilled?:

"Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Zech.14:1-4).​

I challenge anybody to tell us when this prophecy was fulfilled in the past!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Anyone who actually thinks that all of His enemies have been destroyed do not have a grip on reality.

"The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries" (Ps.110:5-6).​

"Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Zech.14:1-4).​

Watch 'em switch to the redefining of words and/or allegorical/symbolic interpretation in their attempt to not deny those scriptures and yet explain them away.

Interplanner

At the 2nd coming, all the remaining enemies will be destroyed but those are enemies of the new Jerusalem that is mentioned in Gal 5 and the end of Hebrews. This is why when we read Rev 20, the people of God are harrassed but are everywhere on earth. That people or 'camp' is the city He loves, not the place in the middle east.

There are many things about Zech and some others that are 'flattened'--the Gospel and the Return are not distinguished. That is why Paul foresaw a very immediate Return.

SaulToPaul 2

At the 2nd coming, all the remaining enemies will be destroyed but those are enemies of the new Jerusalem that is mentioned in Gal 5 and the end of Hebrews. This is why when we read Rev 20, the people of God are harrassed but are everywhere on earth. That people or 'camp' is the city He loves, not the place in the middle east.

There are many things about Zech and some others that are 'flattened'--the Gospel and the Return are not distinguished. That is why Paul foresaw a very immediate Return.

:chuckle:

Jerry Shugart

That people or 'camp' is the city He loves, not the place in the middle east.

Where is the land which the LORD gave to Jacob located?:

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people" (Ez.37:25-27).​