ECT The Throne of David

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Lol - so The Son is on The Father's lap?

That passage is emphasizing His share of His authority with the Father.

And are said overcomers going to sit on both Their laps?

No - they are going to reign WITH Him - their share of their authority with Him.

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Whoops; there's that Land Promise, again: IP; et al.

Why be so pedantic and strain to argue with someone who is actually in agreement with you.

There are plenty here that don't believe the Scripture regarding GOD's promises to Israel's Messiah to reign on this earth from the throne of David.

Do you just feel the need to exhibit some kind of Godfatherly superiority?

Hi Danoh,

I know I can be ragged and rough, but I'm chiming in because you might be missing an important point that Steko is citing.

The Father is Spirit and cannot be "seen". The Son is the very "Form" (Heb. 1:3) or "Glory" of the Father that is seen. You are correct about the Prince connotation, but... the Son is known as the Son for our behalf. We can be counted "equals" with God by Love, in sonship... but the Son is none other than the "Only" form of the "Father" and when God visibly sits in His throne... it is the Son that we see.

There was a silly idea that the Son had a Body and the Father had a body... and infact... it was embraced by much of Christendom... but this is devoid of scriptural truth. There was even a doctrine that said it is heresy to say that the Father has the "Stigmata". This is preposterous because God only has ONE Body and we know HIM as "The Son."

However... you are correct about "sitting in His Lap". Remember Jesus saying this... (Matt. 19:14)?

That's us...

Steko is on the money and you made a valid point that is beautiful and shows how God is our Loving Father.. but... I am emphasizing that Steko had it correct in the actual (Rev. 4:2) of the matter.

All respect,

- EE

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus is on the throne over everything, Israel included.

The throne over Israel is a throne over God's kingdom.

That is what the scriptures say.
And yet you provide no scripture.

Here is some scripture:

Rev 3:21 (KJV)
(3:21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Note the two thrones.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What don't you get that Jesus says the kingdom is within?

'within- entos' is only used twice in the NT.

Whenever the NT refers to something inside a person, it uses the word 'en' which is also translated into the English with the word 'within'.

The Lord Jesus was responding and speaking to unbelieving Pharisees in Luk 17:21 and He definitely wasn't telling them that the Kingdom was inside of them. If He had meant that, He would have used the Grk 'en', as it is used in that way 29 times in the NT, such as:

Mat 3:9 And think not to say within[en] yourselves,

Mat 9:3 And, behold, certain of the scribes said within[en] themselves,

Mat 9:21 For she said within[en] herself

God's Truth

And yet you provide no scripture.

Here is some scripture:

Rev 3:21 (KJV)
(3:21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Note the two thrones.

Jesus is God. God's throne is Jesus' throne.

Danoh

Why be so pedantic and strain to argue with someone who is actually in agreement with you.

There are plenty here that don't believe the Scripture regarding GOD's promises to Israel's Messiah to reign on this earth from the throne of David.

Do you just feel the need to exhibit some kind of Godfatherly superiority?

Feel free to correct me on one thing or another, as well; bro.

Proverbs 27:17 :)

God's Truth

'within- entos' is only used twice in the NT.

Whenever the NT refers to something inside a person, it uses the word 'en' which is also translated into the English with the word 'within'.

The Lord Jesus was responding and speaking to unbelieving Pharisees in Luk 17:21 and He definitely wasn't telling them that the Kingdom was inside of them. If He had meant that, He would have used the Grk 'en', as it is used in that way 29 times in the NT, such as:

Mat 3:9 And think not to say within[en] yourselves,

Mat 9:3 And, behold, certain of the scribes said within[en] themselves,

Mat 9:21 For she said within[en] herself

I have explained this to you a long time ago. It must be a rote answer of yours.

The Holy Spirit was not even given yet---so how do you EVER get that Jesus was telling Pharisees who rejected him that the kingdom was in them? Don't you even TRY to pay attention to what others say, others who you are trying to debate and correct?!

God's Truth

So you can't count?

You can't count?

Revelation 3:21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

That is one throne. That is the SAME thrown. You have no understanding about God and Jesus being One and in each other. You have no concept of what it means to have to go through Jesus to get to the Father.

Right Divider

Body part
You can't count?

Revelation 3:21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

That is one throne. That is the SAME thrown. You have no understanding about God and Jesus being One and in each other. You have no concept of what it means to have to go through Jesus to get to the Father.
No, MY throne and HIS throne are CLEARLY two thrones.

God's Truth

The LORD Jesus Christ describes two thrones. You don't have to believe it if you don't want to.

MY throne and HIS throne is the LORD's distinction in that scripture. Deal with it.

Tell me, how many temples are there?

Revelations 21:22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Romans 14:10
You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

Right Divider

Body part
Tell me, how many temples are there?

Revelations 21:22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Romans 14:10
You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.
You are a cherry-picker.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you serious? Do you really think that verse fulfills what is said here about what will happen when the Lord Jesus reigns from the throne of David:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth" (Jer.23:5).​

Do you never tire of embarrassing yourself?

Do you never tire of perverting the word of God?

When you learn to just give your arguments from scripture without making your personal judgments of people then perhaps you will be fit for the Masters use.

LA