the thousand years

SaulToPaul 2

where does it say Jesus will reign? -
who will reign at the end of the 1000 years?

1 Cor 15
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Rivers

1 Cor 15
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

I agree.

Ben Masada

It's literal and Jesus will reign on earth for a 1000 years

:D

How could he reign on earth for a 1000 years if he has been dead for 2000 years? I am asking because he was a Jew and you know it. According to his own gospel which was the Tanach, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. Read II Samuel 12:23; Psalm 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc. There are many more passages for that same matter.

marhig

How could he reign on earth for a 1000 years if he has been dead for 2000 years? I am asking because he was a Jew and you know it. According to his own gospel which was the Tanach, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. Read II Samuel 12:23; Psalm 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc. There are many more passages for that same matter.

Then in Isaiah 26 there's this

Isaiah 26:19

Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead

Do you know that there is not only a natural death, but we can me dead in God too?

Ben Masada

Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead

Do you know that there is not only a natural death, but we can me dead in God too?

Here is Isaiah 26:19 in the JPS: "Oh let your dead revive; let corpses arise. Awake and shout for joy, you who dwell in the dust; for your dew is like the dew on fresh growth; you make the land of the shade come to life." Now, read Isaiah 53:8,9. To be exiled from the Land of Israel is the same as if we are cut off from the Land of the living and graves are assigned to us among the nations. When the exile is over, the Lord opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. (Ezekiel 37:12) If you read about the "Dry Bones" of Ezekiel, that's exactly what it is all about. The Jews in exile as an analogy to being in the graves of the nations.

beameup

Your dead will live;
Their corpses will rise.
You who lie in the dust, awake and shout for joy,
For your dew is as the dew of the dawn,
And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits.

Come, my people, enter into your rooms
And close your doors behind you;
Hide for a little while
Until indignation runs its course.

For behold, the LORD is about to come out from His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
And the earth will reveal her bloodshed
And will no longer cover her slain.
Isaiah 26:19-21 NASB

beameup

Here is Isaiah 26:19 in the JPS: "Oh let your dead revive; let corpses arise. Awake and shout for joy, you who dwell in the dust; for your dew is like the dew on fresh growth; you make the land of the shade come to life." Now, read Isaiah 53:8,9. To be exiled from the Land of Israel is the same as if we are cut off from the Land of the living and graves are assigned to us among the nations. When the exile is over, the Lord opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. (Ezekiel 37:12) If you read about the "Dry Bones" of Ezekiel, that's exactly what it is all about. The Jews in exile as an analogy to being in the graves of the nations.

You forgot the rest of the passage:
Come, my people, enter into your rooms
And close your doors behind you;
Hide for a little while
Until indignation runs its course.
For behold, the LORD [YHWH] is about to come out from His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity
;
And the earth will reveal her bloodshed
And will no longer cover her slain.

Isaiah 26:20-21
Now, who would that LORD [YHWH] be and where is "His place"?

Ben Masada

Your dead will live; Their corpses will rise. You who lie in the dust, awake and shout for joy, For your dew is as the dew of the dawn, And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits. Come, my people, enter into your rooms And close your doors behind you; Hide for a little while, Until indignation runs its course. For behold, the LORD is about to come out from His place To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity; And the earth will reveal her bloodshed And will no longer cover her slain. Isaiah 26:19-21 NASB

Isaiah was trying to comfort the Jews in exile who were going crazy in their impatience as the end of the exile approached. The Lord, Isaiah said, was about to come out from His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity committed against God's People. Now, if you read Jeremiah 46:28, the Lord would eventually get rid of the other nations but Israel, He would only chastise as we deserve. The 70 years had to be fulfilled till we started to return. (Ezekiel 37:12)

Ben Masada

You forgot the rest of the passage: Come, my people, enter into your rooms And close your doors behind you; Hide for a little while Until indignation runs its course. For behold, the LORD [YHWH] is about to come out from His place To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity; And the earth will reveal her bloodshed And will no longer cover her slain.Isaiah 26:20-21. Now, who would that LORD [YHWH] be and where is "His place"?

Read post # 234

beameup

Isaiah was trying to comfort the Jews in exile who were going crazy in their impatience as the end of the exile approached. The Lord, Isaiah said, was about to come out from His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity committed against God's People. Now, if you read Jeremiah 46:28, the Lord would eventually get rid of the other nations but Israel, He would only chastise as we deserve. The 70 years had to be fulfilled till we started to return. (Ezekiel 37:12)

I think you'd better re-read Ezekiel 37 and 38 and 39.
Cyrus is called "God's Annointed". Darius further facilitated rebuilding the Temple. Artexerxes facilitated building of the walls and gates of Jerusalem.
I think you conveniently forgot the SIN of Israel (Judah) which put them in EXILE as a PUNISHMENT. It seems your "rabbis" are not giving you the FACTS.

Ben Masada

I think you'd better re-read Ezekiel 37 and 38 and 39. Cyrus is called "God's Annointed". Darius further facilitated rebuilding the Temple. Artexerxes facilitated building of the walls and gates of Jerusalem. I think you conveniently forgot the SIN of Israel (Judah) which put them in EXILE as a PUNISHMENT. It seems your "rabbis" are not giving you the FACTS.

Cyrus was called God's anointed because of his proclamation of the freedom of the Jews and financing of the rebuilding of the Temple. (Isaiah 45:1) Anointed of the Lord in the sense of a Messianic leader is. When Jesus was born, Israel was under Roman foreign occupation, that condition became even bitter during Jesus lifetime and, soon after he died the Temple was destroyed by the Romans. Even as a Messianic leader, Jesus didn't live to see himself anointed, let alone as the Messiah.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is where you start -
it is easy to find -
there is only one thousand year empire -
it was christian -
it has all the pieces
-and-
they fit