the thousand years

daqq

Paul did too. Your are in good company.

I submit my request into the society of fools who have studied into madness. [emoji846][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee MAD! :crackup:
Elohim willing, I hope to be back in a thousand years, (one day beside the Master). :)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Nameless, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee MAD! :crackup:
Elohim willing, I hope to be back in a thousand years, (one day beside the Master). :)

Amen, Daqq! Amen!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the thousand years

You have to start with the thousand years. It should be the easiest to find and it is easy to find as long as you are not looking for Jesus to reign. Chapter twenty does not say Jesus will reign even though many think so. It says the saints will reign with Christ and any time two or more are gathered in His name, He said He would be with them. The Byzantine Empire consisted of a whole lot of Christians gathered in His name and they reigned for over a thousand years.

back to
the apocalypse

this is where to start
-there is only one

fzappa13

DAQQ and NIG spiral into nonsense while Chrys returns from his banishment to continue an ongoing conversation with himself. So much for this thread.

While we are on the subject, how does one unsubscribe to a thread. I haven't been able to spot that thingy since the latest upgrade and I'm guessing that using this function from time to time would save the site a little bandwidth.

daqq

DAQQ and NIG spiral into nonsense while Chrys returns from his banishment to continue an ongoing conversation with himself. So much for this thread.

While we are on the subject, how does one unsubscribe to a thread. I haven't been able to spot that thingy since the latest upgrade and I'm guessing that using this function from time to time would save the site a little bandwidth.

Ah, good morning, what a great sleep, like the watch in a thousand-year night beside the Master.

Actually we were on-topic but it is much like the scripture, that is, speaking surface things while a deeper truth lies beneath if one does not truly know the scripture. Have you not read 2Peter which speaks of what I said in my previous post? We also spoke of thorns in the flesh and other supernal things that are found in the scripture. For starters the passage from 2Peter can be understood in two ways but the physical minded man always sees only what is to his own benefit: and what is to his own benefit in this case? He presumes to himself the right as a believer to a coming literal physical 1000-year rule and reign, upon a literal physical earth, in a literal physical global world dominion empire, with himself ruling over what I can only imagine he assumes to be the "lesser brethren sheeple" who were lucky enough to make it through seven years of a world-wide destruction were Elohim literally kills one third of mankind and the other two thirds do not repent, (Rev 9:15-21 taken literally by the carnal and physical minded warmonger man). But if one reads the passage from 2Peter it is clear as day that a thousand years may also be ONE DAY depending on the perception and the mindset of the reader:

2 Peter 3:8 W/H
8 εν δε τουτο μη λανθανετω υμας αγαπητοι οτι μια ημερα παρα κυριω ως χιλια ετη και χιλια ετη ως ημερα μια
8 But this one thing let not be unobserved by you, beloved, that one day with-beside the Master is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as day one.

What therefore does the statement strongly imply? It strongly implies that one day with or beside the Master may as well be a thousand years. This thinking likewise comes from the only holy scriptures that were available at the time this may have been written, which is the Tanach, that is, the Torah, Prophets, and Writings. The authorship of Psalm 90 is claimed by Moshe himself at the opening of the Psalm, which says this:

Psalm 90:1-4 KJV
1 A Prayer of Moses the man of God. Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.
2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
3 Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.
4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Thus we can be sure that in the time of king David and his son, king Solomon, this prayer of Moshe the man of the Elohim was known. So what does Solomon tell us about a thousand years? Does the Preacher say anything about a thousand years? Yes, he does:

Ecclesiastes 6:6 KJV
6 Yea, though he live a thousand years twice told, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?

What does he mean a thousand years twice told? The word used here actually means twice times, which is pa'amayim, from pa'am, which means a beat, like a heartbeat, a pulse, or a moment, or a "time", and in more general terms "an occasion" or the instance of an occurrence. Do the authors of our holy texts speak of things they know nothing about? Surely the Preacher knows of what he speaks: would you not agree? How then does he know what it means to live a thousand years twice told, twice times, or two times? The answer is found in another place which employs the same word pa'am-pa'amiym-pa'amayim, and that is where we read how the Father made Himself known to Solomon on two occasions, twice times, twofold, two times:

1 Kings 11:9
9 And YHWH was displeased with Solomon, because his heart was turned from YHWH Elohey Yisrael, which had made an appearance unto him twice:
[pa'amayim - two times]

Therefore indeed the Preacher knew what it meant to live a thousand years two times; for the Most High had made Himself known by way of visions two times unto Solomon. These two appearances therefore constitute a thousand years each in the mind of the Preacher, though his heart was turned away in latter days, (but that does not mean he never repented). And this word pa'am goes all the way back to the beginning where it is used of the helpmate, (the flesh), that is to say the first woman, like a thorn in the side of man, for the scripture says:

Genesis 2:22-23
22 And of the rib, which YHWH Elohim had taken from the adam, He made an iyshshah-woman, and brought her unto the adam.
23 And the adam said, This ha-pa'am is bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: this shall be called ishshah-woman; for out of an iysh-man this was taken!

Paraphrase: this pa'am-heartbeat-pulsating-agitating thorn in my flesh that was beating to come forth is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh! And what does the woman become when she is deceived by the serpent? She becomes a messenger of Satan because she then gives to the man from what she herself did, and he does likewise, and they fall. Eve is therefore an allegory of the flesh, (the mother of all chay-raw-life). Therefore Paul says; do not allow your flesh to speak for you, do not allow her to teach or have superiority over a man: she is deceived. It is not a commandment about those who are female gender on the outside but rather about the allegory of the flesh of all mankind, which is called Eve, and utterly deceived. It is only the flesh which can be "saved" through child birth because it speaks of physical procreation and the continuance of a strictly physical seed line. Oh the depth of the riches of the knowledge that is in Messiah the Word! The kingdom of Elohim is within you; but sin, evil beasts of man, and all sorts of evil things dwell in the flesh outer bounds common profane area of your body-temple. Perhaps I will be back in another thousand years; but if not, have a nice thread. :chuckle:

fzappa13

I am well familiar with the passages you refer to. How and why you have managed to strangle them so that they lay dead at the feet of the rest of the Bible is beyond me. The whole Bible points to the Lord ruling and reigning in Jerusalem. If you don't at least get that you might as well throw your Bible in the trash.

It is of no use to you.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

thanks for the bumps
-I will miss them

daqq

I am well familiar with the passages you refer to. How and why you have managed to strangle them so that they lay dead at the feet of the rest of the Bible is beyond me. The whole Bible points to the Lord ruling and reigning in Jerusalem. If you don't at least get that you might as well throw your Bible in the trash.

It is of no use to you.

Tell me what I have strangled in the following passage:

Hebrews 12:14-24 KJV
14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.
18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
20 ( For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake: )
22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

What have I changed? What have I strangled? What have I mangled or misunderstood? I stand herein the above: you clearly do not. Therefore a root of bitterness of the root of Amalek immediately springs forth, and you begin frothing at the mouth spewing murders out of your mouth, just as Yeshua says concerning those things which defile the man, and those very things openly and brazenly proceed from your heart. You clearly never heard the call: "If anyone thirst, let him come to me, and drink. The one faithfully trusting into me, as the scripture has said, out of his cavity, (heart), shall flow rivers of living water!"

You have hewn out of yourself your own broken cistern which can hold no water:

Jeremiah 2:12-13 KJV
12 Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the LORD.
13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

Tell me what I have changed dead man walking! :crackup: :chuckle:

daqq

Anybody ever tell you you're a nut?

Yes, quite often, and even more often I get called much worse, and it is generally only by people such as yourself claiming to know God, (one of your kind in this very forum has even told me to "go to hell" twice), and it is usually in such cases exactly as the above; when I quote scripture passages without any alterations or much commentary of my own and simply say that I believe what the scripture says. :)

Ben Masada

The whole Bible points to the Lord ruling and reigning in Jerusalem. If you don't at least get that you might as well throw your Bible in the trash.

I don't get that because the Hellenist who wrote the gospel of Luke reports about Jesus as being acclaimed by his disciples as king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem and he never became king. He was rather arrested on that political charge of insurrection, taken to Pilate and condemned to be crucified. Hence his verdict INRI but king he never became. (Luke 19:37 40) That's why I don't get it and, I can't throw my Bible in the trash because it speaks nothing about Jesus.

fzappa13

Yes, quite often, and even more often I get called much worse, and it is generally only by people such as yourself claiming to know God, (one of your kind in this very forum has even told me to "go to hell" twice)

Oh dear, Is Sozo back?

fzappa13

I don't get that because the Hellenist who wrote the gospel of Luke reports about Jesus as being acclaimed by his disciples as king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem and he never became king. He was rather arrested on that political charge of insurrection, taken to Pilate and condemned to be crucified. Hence his verdict INRI but king he never became. (Luke 19:37 40) That's why I don't get it and, I can't throw my Bible in the trash because it speaks nothing about Jesus.

Try reading post 153 and the passages it references.

Spoiler alert ... there is no mention of Luke's gospel. It's all O.T. Apparently you've already tossed most of your Bible in the trash.

daqq

Oh dear, Is Sozo back?

I do not know anyone by the name Sozo but name calling, (for example "nut"), and your attempt at creating some sort of guilt by association, (with whoever Sozo is or was), only shows that you actually have nothing to offer from the scripture or from truth. I guess your resources are not what you thought they were and now your data bank is apparently empty; the wires in your brain appear to be misfiring and therefore you stray from the topic and start name calling. You have no need to toss out your Bible because you apparently never open it to begin with. Let it remain there on your shelf collecting dust and perhaps one day you will pick it up and actually decide to read it. :)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I do not know anyone by the name Sozo but name calling, (for example "nut"), and your attempt at creating some sort of guilt by association, (with whoever Sozo is or was), only shows that you actually have nothing to offer from the scripture or from truth. I guess your resources are not what you thought they were and now your data bank is apparently empty; the wires in your brain appear to be misfiring and therefore you stray from the topic and start name calling. You have no need to toss out your Bible because you apparently never open it to begin with. Let it remain there on your shelf collecting dust and perhaps one day you will pick it up and actually decide to read it. :)

Nut ball

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

fzappa13

Sozo regularly told folks to go to hell here on this website ... a thing I have never done. You trying to group me with such folks speaks of the paucity of your position ... not mine. When I asked you if you had ever been called a nut you said yes, quite often.

At a certain point most folks would begin to consider the possibility confronted with such unanimity.

daqq

Sozo regularly told folks to go to hell here on this website ... a thing I have never done. You trying to group me with such folks speaks of the paucity of your position ... not mine. When I asked you if you had ever been called a nut you said yes, quite often.

At a certain point most folks would begin to consider the possibility confronted with such unanimity.

As I told you I do not know anyone by the name of Sozo: neither did I mention the name of who told me to go to hell because it is not important. If you were trying to get me to name names that only reveals more about yourself than anything else.

Nut ball

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

:yawn: Well, at least the OP appears to appreciate all the bumps from such derogatory comments. :)

PS - Regarding the topic: neither of you will ever reign with Messiah unless and until you do the will of Elohim, and cut off those tongues, and "behead" yourselves so as to put on the mind of Messiah, (through-by way of the Testimony of Yeshua and through-by way of the Logos-Word of Elohim as the Rev 20:4 passage clearly states). :chuckle:

Last edited: