the ten horns

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Ah yes, the great city. Rev 18:24 goes on to talk about her.

24And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

... and Rev 11:8

7And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. 8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

uh, let's see, where was Jesus crucified?

Luke:31 The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee. 32And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. 33Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. 34O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! 35Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Jerusalem is what the fighting is all about. Jerusalem is where God said He would make His eternal abode. That is why it is and has been the bulls eye on Satan's target for millennia. Keep your eyes on Jerusalem. It will tell you what time it is.

this is post 28
and
I don't see anything about the ten horns here either

fzappa13

this is post 28
and
I don't see anything about the ten horns here either

This post is obviously about the great city ... which is the Harlot ... which the whole Bible points to as being Jerusalem ... which will once again be destroyed by her enemies ...ten of them. But not before she enters into a peace treaty with them. Then, if you are in Jerusalem, you had better have a ticket for the next wilderness experience (it is prophesied and fortunately it's not 40 years this time) or you are going to be in deep Kimchi.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
This post is obviously about the great city ... which is the Harlot ... which the whole Bible points to as being Jerusalem ... which will once again be destroyed by her enemies ...ten of them. But not before she enters into a peace treaty with them.

who are these enemies?

how will you know them?

fzappa13

who are these enemies?

how will you know them?

They are the same enemies she has had all along. God has said He will place his throne in her midst and so He will. That said, the folks that were and will be booted out to make room are somewhat less than thrilled at the prospect and she will have to pay for her infidelities before any marraige will ensue.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
They are the same enemies she has had all along. God has said He will place his throne in her midst and so He will. That said, the folks that were and will be booted out to make room are somewhat less than thrilled at the prospect and she will have to pay for her infidelities before any marraige will ensue.

so you can't name them

fzappa13

so you can't name them

1 Keep not thou silence, O God:

hold not thy peace,
and be not still, O God.
2 For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult:

and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
3 They have taken crafty counsel against thy people,

and consulted against thy hidden ones.
4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation;

that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
5 For they have consulted together with one consent:

they are confederate against thee:
6 the tabernacles of Edom, and the Ish'maelites;

of Moab, and the Hag'arenes;
7 Gebal, and Ammon, and Am'alek;

the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;
8 Assur also is joined with them:

they have helped the children of Lot.
Selah.

For those of us counting along at home that's ten. Now ... the student of history, biblical and otherwise, will note such a thing has not happened yet. It will. However, further information as to how this will be accomplished is offered in the rest of the chapter. THE THING THAT HAS BEEN IT IS THAT WHICH SHALL BE

9 Do unto them as unto the Mid'i-anites; Judg. 7.1-23

as to Sis'era, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison: Judg. 4.6-22
10 which perished at En–dor:

they became as dung for the earth.
11 Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Ze'eb: Judg. 7.25

yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmun'na: Judg. 8.12
12 who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession.
13 O my God, make them like a wheel;

as the stubble before the wind.
14 As the fire burneth a wood,

and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire;
15 so persecute them with thy tempest,

and make them afraid with thy storm.
16 Fill their faces with shame;

that they may seek thy name, O LORD.
17 Let them be confounded and troubled for ever;

yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:
18 that men may know that thou,

whose name alone is JEHOVAH,
art the Most High over all the earth.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Revelation 17:14King James Version (KJV)

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

who has been making war with the Lamb?

fzappa13

Revelation 17:14King James Version (KJV)

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

who has been making war with the Lamb?

No one. He's been gone for some time now but He is scheduled to return. Some think in the not too distant future. Things will heat up pretty good then. Look back across the history you hang your hat on and you have to be pretty myopic not to see the ongoing battle between Satan and God over what is an otherwise unattractive scrap of land with little significance other than the fact it is where God said He would eventually set up shop. Satan had his kids waiting there for Moses, et al, to prevent their prophesied occupancy of same and he will keep causing problems there until he is finally vanquished in God's good time. One last time AFTER Christ's thousand year reign on earth with the saints who died for His word.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The problem that occurs to me with this notion is the brevity of the tens' tenure.

not if you believe constantinople is the whore

Revelation 17:16King James Version (KJV)

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
From the birth of the Prophet Muhammad ( Peace Be Upon Him) to 632 A.D.
570 The birth of the Prophet Muhammad ( Peace Be Upon Him).
591 Khosrau II became the king of the Sassanids.
595 The Prophet Muhammad ( Peace Be Upon Him) married for the first time.
610 Heraclius in Constantinople.
The Prophet Muhammad ( Peace Be Upon Him) heard the Divine call to "recite" lines from the Holy Qur'an.
614 Jerusalem was conquered by the Sassanids.
622 The Prophet Muhammad ( Peace Be Upon Him) and his disciples emigrated to the city of Yathrib (now it is Medina in the Arabian Peninsula).
The beginning of the Islamic era, the hegira.
626 Constantinople was besieged by the Sassanids, the slavs and the Avars.
627 Herclius took Ctesiphon.
629 The last pilgrimage of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) to the city of Mekka.
632 The Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) died in the city of Medina.