the ten horns

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
was, and is not, and yet is

This is from chapter 17 verse 8 of the Apocalypse and it is very significant in that it ties together Satan of chapter 20, the dragon of chapter 12, the beasts of chapter 13, and the seven heads and ten horns of chapter 17.

Revelation 17:8 (KJV)
8The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

In chapter 13:12 the first beast is mortally wounded and replaced by the second one. In chapter 17 we have the beast that was, is not, and yet to come along with the five kings that were, the one that is, and the one that is yet to come. We should pay attention to any historical events that might fit this.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Possibly.
But Revelation says the 10 horns are 10 kings, and that all 10 of the kings will not receive power as kings until the beast receives power (and this power that all 10 receive with the beast will only be for one hour).
In other words, these 10 kings all come into power at the same time.
Revelation 17 KJV
(12) And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.​

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
was, and is not, and yet is

This is from chapter 17 verse 8 of the Apocalypse and it is very significant in that it ties together Satan of chapter 20, the dragon of chapter 12, the beasts of chapter 13, and the seven heads and ten horns of chapter 17.

Revelation 17:8 (KJV)
8The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

In chapter 13:12 the first beast is mortally wounded and replaced by the second one. In chapter 17 we have the beast that was, is not, and yet to come along with the five kings that were, the one that is, and the one that is yet to come. We should pay attention to any historical events that might fit this.

Dear Chrys, since it's probably best that I write the real truth about this matter on my own thread, Creation vs. Evolution, so I don't get flack from you. You are really not even close to what it all means. When did the Lord reveal this to you?? I'm sorry. No hard feelings!
Still love you!!

Michael

:sigh:

:jawdrop:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Dear Chrys, since it's probably best that I write the real truth about this matter on my own thread, Creation vs. Evolution, so I don't get flack from you. You are really not even close to what it all means. When did the Lord reveal this to you?? I'm sorry. No hard feelings!
Still love you!!

Michael

:sigh:

:jawdrop:

if God does talk to me
he will do it through others
and
that is why I listen to people like you

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Chrys,

You are one smart cookie after all. I have addressed the subject at my Creation vs. Evolution thread. Page 294; Post #4401. Check it out. You'll be amazed. The only reason I know it's true is because I was told it from up above. You can only find out later when you meet God or Jesus.

God Bless Your Dear Heart And Nurture It With His Loving Care,

MichaelC

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Possibly.
But Revelation says the 10 horns are 10 kings, and that all 10 of the kings will not receive power as kings until the beast receives power (and this power that all 10 receive with the beast will only be for one hour).
In other words, these 10 kings all come into power at the same time.
Revelation 17 KJV
(12) And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.​

We are told what the task of is of these 10 horns/kings that receive power one hour with the beast.

These 10 horns/kings hate the harlot woman.
Revelation 17 KJV
(16) And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.​

And the one hour (Rev 17:12) that the 10 horns/kings receive power with the beast will be the one hour that the harlot will be made desolate.
Revelation 18 KJV
(19) And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.​

Remember, the 10 horns/kings are of the beast.
So, even though this beast lets this harlot woman ride on him for a time, the goal of the beast is that he wants this woman to become desolate.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So, even though this beast lets this harlot woman ride on him for a time, the goal of the beast is that he wants this woman to become desolate.

the harlot woman is a city
and
she does not ride on the beast that is trying to destroy her

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the harlot woman is a city
and
she does not ride on the beast that is trying to destroy her
Sure she does.

Revelation 17 KJV
(3) So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

False Prophet

The ten horns are commonly referred to ten kingdoms of the antichrist that come out of the revised Roman Empire that is to be raised to life in Revelation.

False Prophet

That is a commonly held belief. It doesn't make it a majority view. Is there some chance we might be wrong about some things?

False Prophet

And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
Dan 7:3

The four beasts refer to the four empires that involve Israel: Babylon, Persia, Greece, and the last is Rome. Rome is the beast that was; is; and is to come. The beast of Revelation comes out of the last of the four beasts in Daniel which is Rome. This is minority view!

False Prophet

I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another horn, a little one, before which three of the first horns were plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking great things. Dan 7:8
The little horn comes from the ten horns which come from the last beast which is Rome. This happens in the last days predicted by Daniel or the end times. The first beast was identified as Babylon when Daniel told Nebuchadrezzar that he was the crown of gold. Persia was identified as the second beast that would destroy the first beast. Greece was identified as the third beast that would come and destroy the third beast or Persia. Rome which did not exist as yet would arise and destroy Greece. Ten horns would grow out of this beast of Rome that make up the revised Roman Empire. These ten horns are kings. Ten kingdoms that made up the Roman Empire were Greece, Turkey, Syria, and Egypt. Lybia and Numidia lay to the south and west. The Iberian peninsula or Spain lay to the west. Gaul or France lay to the north. Part of the British Isles south of Hadrian's Wall or England lay to the north. Italy makes the tenth kingdom. The little horn comes out of these ten kingdoms.