the ten horns

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
Dan 7:3

The four beasts refer to the four empires that involve Israel: Babylon, Persia, Greece, and the last is Rome. Rome is the beast that was; is; and is to come. The beast of Revelation comes out of the last of the four beasts in Daniel which is Rome. This is minority view!

persia had nothing to do with the temple
unlike the other three: babylon, greece, rome
so
what might be the fourth that did have something to do withe the temple?
and
which of them might be the two beasts of the apocalypse?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the seven heads
are
of the first beast, paganism of the roman empire

the ten horns
are
of the second beast, islam
and
will ultimately destroy babylon the great, constantinople in 1453

Revelation 17:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
Pay attention to the little horn.

what do you make of it?

Study it instead of trolling.

what is your take on the little horn?

Ask God not me.

:plain:

0595de447498.jpg

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Sure she does.

Revelation 17 KJV
(3) So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

only in so far as she reigneth over them

the key here is that she is a city

Revelation 17:18King James Version (KJV)

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

fzappa13

only in so far as she reigneth over them

the key here is that she is a city

Ah yes, the great city. Rev 18:24 goes on to talk about her.

24And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

... and Rev 11:8

7And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. 8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

uh, let's see, where was Jesus crucified?

Luke:31 The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee. 32And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. 33Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. 34O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! 35Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Jerusalem is what the fighting is all about. Jerusalem is where God said He would make His eternal abode. That is why it is and has been the bulls eye on Satan's target for millennia. Keep your eyes on Jerusalem. It will tell you what time it is.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Whenever the number four was mentioned in Revelations, I used to hear that it meant some sort of prophecy involving the Beatles.

When we read the Bible, we always seem to apply it to our present age and seem to care less what the verses meant to their original author(s).

rstrats

aikido7,

re: "Whenever the number four was mentioned in Revelations..."

Any particular reason for adding an "s" at the end of Revelation?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
"Horns" usually stands for "Kings" in the Scriptures. - The "Ten Horns" were the "Ten Kings" of Israel" who departed out from Jerusalem and Judaea, after King Solomon. They were the "Lost Ten Tribes".

according to rev 17:14

they will make war with the lamb
so
how do you explain that one?

fzappa13

that would be jerusalem
but
it is not the city of rev 17

Thus sayeth Chrys ... scriptures sayeth otherwise. Ignore them if you wish but you do so at your own peril. At least you finally kinda, sorta, acknowledged the post ... I suppose I should see that as progress. I would suggest that acknowledging scripture would be the more prudent option.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Thus sayeth Chrys ... scriptures sayeth otherwise. Ignore them if you wish but you do so at your own peril. At least you finally kinda, sorta, acknowledged the post ... I suppose I should see that as progress. I would suggest that acknowledging scripture would be the more prudent option.

I sayeth what I thinketh
and
you thinketh that you knoweth

fzappa13

I sayeth what I thinketh
and
you thinketh that you knoweth

I would suggest that you have embraced certain notions about what biblical prophecy means and are disinclined to consider that which lay outside that boundary. That's okay as long as you don't claim the mantle of objectivity. One would think that objectivity would demand that those that are possessed thereof would address scriptures offered concerning any given subject.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I would suggest that you have embraced certain notions about what biblical prophecy means and are disinclined to consider that which lay outside that boundary. That's okay as long as you don't claim the mantle of objectivity. One would think that objectivity would demand that those that are possessed thereof would address scriptures offered concerning any given subject.

what do you have to offer?