The T in TaNaKh is for Torah.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No

You are incorrect if you believe false religions are okay.

Shalom.

You appear not to want to have a discussion. I will only engage this so much longer. Do you care to share what your religious upbringing was and the story behind your conversion to Judaism?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You appear not to want to have a discussion. I will only engage this so much longer. Do you care to share what your religious upbringing was and the story behind your conversion to Judaism?
freelight,

If you are rejecting the truth there is nothing I can do for you.

If you want to compare religions you are not genuine. You are not worshipping the one true God. I cannot have fellowship with you.

Shalom.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No

You are incorrect if you believe false religions are okay.

Shalom.

I recognize the truth and wisdom in many different religious schools and traditions. I do not share a narrow view or dogmatic belief-system which segregates all other paths and believes only one concept, cult or idea of 'God' is valid.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, you are a liar. You just said on the other thread that not keeping the Law is sin. That means you believe one must keep the Law to be justified.
No.

You are welcome to quote from another thread if you want to. I don't know what you are saying or why.

Shalom.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I recognize the truth and wisdom in many different religious schools and traditions. I do not share a narrow view or dogmatic belief-system which segregates all other paths and believes only one concept, cult or idea of 'God' is valid.
You do not even know what you are saying.

I am not able to help you.

Please repent to God.

Shalom.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
ok, let the games begin....will play just a bit.......

ok, let the games begin....will play just a bit.......

You do not even know what you are saying.

I am well aware of my observation and what I'm perceiving from moment to moment.

I am not able to help you.

I'm not so much asking for your help, as much as attempting to engage in a constructive or even enjoyable dialogue.

Please repent to God.

I'm all for 'repentance', which means returning to one's true source, or changing one's mind or orientation for the better :) In this case....'repentance' is key to life transformation in general. All must 'repent' (change their minds) at certain points along the journey, just to evolve. Its kinda a 'given'.

Om shanti....likewise :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am well aware of my observation and what I'm perceiving from moment to moment.

I'm not so much asking for your help, as much as attempting to engage in a constructive or even enjoyable dialogue.

I'm all for 'repentance', which means returning to one's true source, or changing one's mind or orientation for the better :) In this case....'repentance' is key to life transformation in general. All must 'repent' (change their minds) at certain points along the journey, just to evolve. Its kinda a 'given'.

Om shanti....likewise :)
No. You do not even understand what repentance is.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Perhaps you could expand your awareness?

Perhaps you could expand your awareness?

freelight,

If you are rejecting the truth there is nothing I can do for you.

If you want to compare religions you are not genuine. You are not worshipping the one true God. I cannot have fellowship with you.Shalom.

Lets consider some of your 'assumptions' here. Just because I'm a student of comparative religions or as a 'universalist' have an eclectic approach to my spiritual studies, being more liberal and 'all-inclusive', does NOT mean I am not genuine or not worshipping the "one true God" :idunno: - this is a curious presumption.

There is One Universal Ocean of Consciousness, One Infinite Spirit, One Infinite Energy-Source,....and many different rivers or

streams of this Ocean of Universal Consciousness. 'God' is the infinite Reality at the heart and circumference of existence....and beyond....since nothing can exist outside of the Infinite. In this sense we say that 'God' is One and All. (Spirit-energy-consciousness being all in all).

What you have is one version, concept, personification or definition of 'God' that you are worshipping. That is the situation at hand. I recognize 'God' as much more than just one concept, image or idea, since 'God' is the primal source of all.

God is Light....and I AM expressing and expanding explorations of Light. Now if you reject my creative exploration of light, then it is you who represent an agent of darkness (ignorance) wishing to obscure, malign or condemn the free expression of Spirit (exploring different dimensions of knowledge, unfolding revelation). In this sense, I don't think you'd want to be an enemy to 'God', but could be perhaps unknowingly ;)

Consider that 'Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh' is the divine name of Deity revealing the both the 'essence' and 'will' of the Spirit, since it can be revealed as "I AM" or "I WILL BE", the existential and experiential aspects of Being. The "I Am" also reveals the everpresent NOW of consciousness, while the "I Will Be" is the 'creative expression' of Spirit unfolding itself in space and time (here we have the past, present and future all simultaneously relating). 'God' then is the abiding reality-reference and creative intelligence existing in all dimensions of space and time, relating to all sentient beings. So there are many different aspects of 'God' we could consider and explore.

Does exploring the wonderful nature of 'God' interest or excite you? Or would you put 'God' in a cage, compendium or vacuum of your own making?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No. You do not even understand what repentance is.

By my previous definition it appears you are ignorant of what 'repentance' means, since you don't acknowledge at least part of my definition as being correct. In this case perhaps a study of both greek and Hebrew terms that are translated into the English word 'repent' would be helpful. In this case, I draw from a universal pool of knowledge upon the subject. Repentance is a returning to God, changing or transforming of the mind, a re-orientation, a returning to what is right. Do you deny this? I would recommend more research on your part before presuming so much. A little humility could afford yourself some real 'learning'. Until we are willing to learn, we cannot prosper along the path towards 'God'.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Lets consider some of your 'assumptions' here. Just because I'm a student of comparative religions or as a 'universalist' have an eclectic approach to my spiritual studies, being more liberal and 'all-inclusive', does NOT mean I am not genuine or not worshipping the "one true God" :idunno: - this is a curious presumption.

There is One Universal Ocean of Consciousness, One Infinite Spirit, One Infinite Energy-Source,....and many different rivers or

streams of this Ocean of Universal Consciousness. 'God' is the infinite Reality at the heart and circumference of existence....and beyond....since nothing can exist outside of the Infinite. In this sense we say that 'God' is One and All. (Spirit-energy-consciousness being all in all).

What you have is one version, concept, personification or definition of 'God' that you are worshipping. That is the situation at hand. I recognize 'God' as much more than just one concept, image or idea, since 'God' is the primal source of all.

God is Light....and I AM expressing and expanding explorations of Light. Now if you reject my creative exploration of light, then it is you who represent an agent of darkness (ignorance) wishing to obscure, malign or condemn the free expression of Spirit (exploring different dimensions of knowledge, unfolding revelation). In this sense, I don't think you'd want to be an enemy to 'God', but could be perhaps unknowingly ;)

Consider that 'Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh' is the divine name of Deity revealing the both the 'essence' and 'will' of the Spirit, since it can be revealed as "I AM" or "I WILL BE", the existential and experiential aspects of Being. The "I Am" also reveals the everpresent NOW of consciousness, while the "I Will Be" is the 'creative expression' of Spirit unfolding itself in space and time (here we have the past, present and future all simultaneously relating). 'God' then is the abiding reality-reference and creative intelligence existing in all dimensions of space and time, relating to all sentient beings. So there are many different aspects of 'God' we could consider and explore.

Does exploring the wonderful nature of 'God' interest or excite you? Or would you put 'God' in a cage, compendium or vacuum of your own making?
I am sorry freelight, but I cannot be drawn into this.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
By my previous definition it appears you are ignorant of what 'repentance' means, since you don't acknowledge at least part of my definition as being correct. In this case perhaps a study of both greek and Hebrew terms that are translated into the English word 'repent' would be helpful. In this case, I draw from a universal pool of knowledge upon the subject. Repentance is a returning to God, changing or transforming of the mind, a re-orientation, a returning to what is right. Do you deny this? I would recommend more research on your part before presuming so much. A little humility could afford yourself some real 'learning'. Until we are willing to learn, we cannot prosper along the path towards 'God'.
No freelight. Your words are not correct and they cut into my mind in an inappropriate way.

Shalom.

Jacob

TweetyBird

There are 24 books in the TaNaKh.

Shalom.

Jacob

You listed the books and there were 39 of them!

From Judaism 101 - there are 39 books, regardless of how they are bunched up:

This is a list of the books of Written Torah, in the order in which they appear in Jewish translations, with the Hebrew name of the book, a translation of the Hebrew name (where it is not the same as the English name), and English names of the books (where it is not the same as the Hebrew name). The Hebrew names of the first five books are derived from the first few words of the book. The text of each book is more or less the same in Jewish translations as what you see in Christian bibles, although there are some occasional, slight differences in the numbering of verses and there are some significant differences in the translations.

TORAH (The Law):

Bereishith (In the beginning...) (Genesis)
Shemoth (The names...) (Exodus)
Vayiqra (And He called...) (Leviticus)
Bamidbar (In the wilderness...) (Numbers)
Devarim (The words...) (Deuteronomy)

NEVI'IM (The Prophets):

Yehoshua (Joshua)
Shoftim (Judges)
Shmuel (I &II Samuel)
Melakhim (I & II Kings)
Yeshayah (Isaiah)
Yirmyah (Jeremiah)
Yechezqel (Ezekiel)
The Twelve (treated as one book):
Hoshea (Hosea)
Yoel (Joel)
Amos
Ovadyah (Obadiah)
Yonah (Jonah)
Mikhah (Micah)
Nachum
Chavaqquq (Habbakkuk)
Tzefanyah (Zephaniah)
Chaggai
Zekharyah (Zechariah)
Malakhi

KETHUVIM (The Writings):

Tehillim (Psalms)
Mishlei (Proverbs)
Iyov (Job)
Shir Ha-Shirim (Song of Songs)
Ruth
Eikhah (Lamentations)
Qoheleth (the author's name) (Ecclesiastes)
Esther
Daniel
Ezra & Nechemyah (Nehemiah) (treated as one book)
Divrei Ha-Yamim (The words of the days) (Chronicles)

******* Written Torah is often referred to as the Tanakh, which is an acrostic of Torah, Nevi'im and Ketuvim.

http://www.jewfaq.org/torah.htm

TweetyBird

Yes, Your conversion to Judaism did not include the denial of Jesus Christ - which YOU stated. If you think you were converted and became a Jew this way, you are as wrong as a wolf among sheep. You need to face the truth instead of continually pushing a false declaration. You are not a Jew.