The T in TaNaKh is for Torah.

TweetyBird

The T in TaNaKh is for Torah.

What does this have to do with anything? The OT Scriptures are not the Torah, the Prophets and the writings - it's a lot more than that. You are buying into a system that dumbs down the inspired words of Almighty God.

TweetyBird

Please let me know how I can help you.

I do not know why you are asking this.

Shalom.

Because it does not accurately reflect the OT Scriptures. It is a designation/a system that those who rejected Christ developed. Repeating: "The OT Scriptures are not the Torah, the Prophets and the writings - it's a lot more than that. You are buying into a system that dumbs down the inspired words of Almighty God."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Because it does not accurately reflect the OT Scriptures. It is a designation/a system that those who rejected Christ developed. Repeating: "The OT Scriptures are not the Torah, the Prophets and the writings - it's a lot more than that. You are buying into a system that dumbs down the inspired words of Almighty God."
No.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The term "TaNaKh" is a gross misrepresentation of the OT. The OT is not classified into "Law", Prophets and Writings. To do so is a glaring injustice to the Text. I keep saying it, and you keep ignoring it.
I was not talking with you about the Old Testament.

chair

The term "TaNaKh" is a gross misrepresentation of the OT. The OT is not classified into "Law", Prophets and Writings. To do so is a glaring injustice to the Text. I keep saying it, and you keep ignoring it.

Actually, it is, whether or not you like it.

How do you think it is classified? Or is it all just one giant book?

chair

So TaNaKh has a different meaning for each letter?

Your link showed T = Torah = Law books of Moses.

So what does the a's stand for, or N K or H

Collectively I dont see anything wrong with calling it the old testament though.

In Hebrew it is only three letters.
TNK
Torah
Neviim
Ketubim

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So TaNaKh has a different meaning for each letter?

Your link showed T = Torah = Law books of Moses.

So what does the a's stand for, or N K or H

Collectively I dont see anything wrong with calling it the old testament though.
No.

תנך from the Hebrew is TaNaKh. This is, read from right to left, Tav, Nun, Kaf. The Torah, the Nevi'im, and the Kethuvim. This is the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No.

תנך from the Hebrew is TaNaKh. This is, read from right to left, Tav, Nun, Kaf. The Torah, the Nevi'im, and the Kethuvim. This is the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings.
I made a correction to this post.

TweetyBird

Actually, it is, whether or not you like it.

How do you think it is classified? Or is it all just one giant book?

It is "classified" by each individual book. Each book has law, prophecy, and "writings". By dividing the 39 books into 3 categories, it denies the Sovereignty of God in each book. Moses and David are as much prophets as Isaiah, which denies their voices as a true prophets of God. The "OT" is not just "law, prophecy, and writings". It is so much more than that.

I understand that the Jewish people look at the OT differently. But Jacob is not a Jew, he is trying to be one by his own feelings and designation, without understanding and without success of who the Jews are or what their religion is about. He does not know Hebrew, does not understand the Talmud and misrepresents all facets of Judaism.

TweetyBird

No.

No it's not. You are misrepresenting the OT by turning to it as defined by Talmudic Judaism, not how it's defined by Christ.

chair

It is "classified" by each individual book. Each book has law, prophecy, and "writings". By dividing the 39 books into 3 categories, it denies the Sovereignty of God in each book. Moses and David are as much prophets as Isaiah, which denies their voices as a true prophets of God. The "OT" is not just "law, prophecy, and writings". It is so much more than that.
You are taking the usual categories far too literally. Nobody is suggesting that Moses wasn't a prophet! There really is nothing wrong with the usual division. It serves a purpose.

I understand that the Jewish people look at the OT differently. But Jacob is not a Jew, he is trying to be one by his own feelings and designation, without understanding and without success of who the Jews are or what their religion is about. He does not know Hebrew, does not understand the Talmud and misrepresents all facets of Judaism.

We certainly look at it differently, but the division is widely accepted, as far as I know. And who Jacob is isn't really relevant to the validity of his statements.

chair

No it's not. You are misrepresenting the OT by turning to it as defined by Talmudic Judaism, not how it's defined by Christ.

Jacob is completely correct on the acronym TNK תנ"ך You can't make that go away by saying it's "Talmudic". Not to mention that Jesus seems to use the same terms:
Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."