The T in TaNaKh is for Torah.

TweetyBird

Nope. The delusion is yours. The idea that we should maintain a religion frozen for 3,000 years, to fulfill some kind of Christian fantasy, is ridiculous. It's our religion, not yours.

The problem is that this Law is written word for word for all to read. Anyone can plainly see that your religion is not what is written. If you want to follow what your Rabbis and Talmud have chosen, that is your prerogative, but do not say you are keeping the Mosaic Law as written and commanded by God.

TweetyBird

Yes, they are. But the early history of Christianity was as a Jewish sect. Why is that hard for you to accept? Have you read the NT?

The men were Jewish, but it was never a Jewish religion. Christianity is a brand new religion based on the sacrifice of Christ for sin. That is why Judaism and Christianity are two completely different religions.

TweetyBird

The TaNaKh is not the Old Testament.

OT = 39 books
TaNaKh = the same 39 books

You believe the OT is divided into 3 sections called the "TaNaKh". I don't believe that it is, because it's an incorrect division.

OT is the Old Covenant - which is why it's called the Old Testament.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If your were born into a Buddhist or Hindu family, what are the odds you would be a Buddhist or Hindu now? :)

Consider that.

Were you born Jewish or a convert?

You are speaking about false religions.

I was not born Jewish. I am a convert.

musterion

Jacob said justification is not the reason he tries to keep the Law, but either that or for sanctification are the only possible reasons. Both are excluded by the apostle Paul and Jacob has already been shown that, so he refuses to answer WHY. Yet he persists in trying to get others to keep Law, making him accursed for preaching a false gospel.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob said justification is not the reason he tries to keep the Law, but either that or for sanctification are the only possible reasons. Both are excluded by the apostle Paul and Jacob has already been shown that, so he refuses to answer WHY. Yet he persists in trying to get others to keep Law, making him accursed for preaching a false gospel.
You are incorrect.

Shalom.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God's love and presence fills all...................

God's love and presence fills all...................

You are speaking about false religions.

There are some wonderful things within the Hindu and Buddhist traditions, as well as other eastern religious traditions :)

I was just showing that you may have been born into a different environment which may have likely affected your religious beliefs or orientation.

Sikhism also as a more recent religious movement has wonderful contributions.

I would ask you to keep a more open mind upon the universality of truth, and those other traditions of mankind are a part of our global heritage.

I was not born Jewish. I am a convert.

Wonderful, could you share a little about your 'conversion' and what your religious upbringing was?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are some wonderful things within the Hindu and Buddhist traditions, as well as other eastern religious traditions :)

I was just showing that you may have been born into a different environment which may have likely affected your religious beliefs or orientation.

Sikhism also as a more recent religious movement has wonderful contributions.

I would ask you to keep a more open mind upon the universality of truth, and those other traditions of mankind are a part of our global heritage.

Wonderful, could you share a little about your 'conversion' and what your religious upbringing was?
No

You are incorrect if you believe false religions are okay.

Shalom.