The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Gal 3:27 For as many (plural)of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all (plural) one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed,(plural) and heirs (plural) according to the promise. (singular)
LA

another winner for the Christ.:)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exodus 32:13 KJV
(13) Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
"Fancy doctrine?"

Not . . .

Then please explain to me what Deut. 29:4; Matthew 11::15, 13:9, 43; Mark 4:23, 7:16; Luke 8:8, 14:35; and Romans 11:8 is teaching.

Deut. 29:29; Mt. 11:18, 13:52-57; Joel 2:12-32, Mk. 7:27-30, Lk. 8:49-56, 14:13-14; Rom. 11:18-36; Acts 1:11-12; Joel 3:2, Zech. 14:4

Also,

#461 and #463 remain unaddressed.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=7292]Nang[/MENTION]

The following was the assertion of the OP...

Together, these simple scriptures force concession, denial of biblical truth or acknowledgement that Reformed Theology is just another doctrine of men that divides believers with dishonest assertions.

Do you plan on answering to my #485 reply? It also references that clearification and one unanswered question remain on #461 and #463.

If my OP premise is so shabby, what is to be lost in responding?

Are you CONCEDING?

#What Gives?
# [MENTION=7292]Nang[/MENTION], how could you turn away from this opertunity to swing the "Goliath" sword of Reformed Teachings at my OP that remains unanswered by scripture from a single Reformed Student?
#Mocking the OP and boasting of Reformed history and age is not an answer.
#Abraham didn't even have a Bible, let alone "Reformed" theology.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I tried responding to this:

And you consider it a concession?

Weird and vacuous are the only descriptives that come to mind . . .

I have "kindly" provided links and numbers to the un-responded to sources of my declaration Here.

If you follow my links you will find my response to your "this:".

# [MENTION=7292]Nang[/MENTION], I am "watching.<(I)>" and waiting for your response.

God's Truth

I tried responding to this:

And you consider it a concession?

Weird and vacuous are the only descriptives that come to mind . . .

You probably are sensing something not right about EvilEye, and I agree, for there is something not right about him; however, do not use his faults and evilness that you sense as a reason to go against the scriptures that speak against Calvinism.

EvilEye is judged by what he is doing, and I believe you have judged him right; however, you have not judged the teachings of John Calvin right.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You probably are sensing something not right about EvilEye, and I agree, for there is something not right about him; however, do not use his faults and evilness that you sense as a reason to go against the scriptures that speak against Calvinism.

EvilEye is judged by what he is doing, and I believe you have judged him right; however, you have not judged the teachings of John Calvin right.

GT,

FYI, I came to the Reformed faith through serious bible study with my husband . . not from reading John Calvin.

This was 44 years ago, and I have yet to read all that Calvin wrote, and probably never will get around to it all.

It is Holy Scripture that teaches the Sovereignty of God, which is the core doctrine of the Reformed Faith.

I am sure you do not deny the doctrine of divine sovereignty, so it might be a beginning point, from whence you and I could have an interesting discussion.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

God's Truth,

I disagree with your assessment of me, but I agree with your challenge for [MENTION=7292]Nang[/MENTION] to evaluate the doctrine of Reformed Theology.

I, also, have clearly cited my differences in theological understanding from yours. But... still only one Jesus and it is through Him that I am at peace with your statements about me. I count myself your friend, though I am certain you loath the idea.

Many members, One Head.

#Peace
#Though I know you want no peace, concerning me.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
GT,

FYI, I came to the Reformed faith through serious bible study with my husband . . not from reading John Calvin.

This was 44 years ago, and I have yet to read all that Calvin wrote, and probably never will get around to it all.

It is Holy Scripture that teaches the Sovereignty of God, which is the core doctrine of the Reformed Faith.

I am sure you do not deny the doctrine of divine sovereignty, so it might be a beginning point, from whence you and I could have an interesting discussion.

Translation...

I'm afraid to answer [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]'s posts to me. I am romantically intertwined into Reformed Theology by time and nature of its introduction to me. It would cause friction in my life to challenge reformed theology.

[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION], wanna learn Reformed Theology? You would make a fantastic "proselyte".

... And from me to you @Namg

One more thing Nang...

Her name is [MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION]. Her fellow non-indoctrinated siblings may call her GT, but you dishonor her by not taking the time to type her name out.

She thirsts for God's Truth, not Calvinism.

giphy.gif

Step Back!!! Quit using her distaste for me as a tool to proselytize her. She wouldn't buy what you're selling anyways!

God's Truth

GT,

All those who are Calvinists do not 'read' Calvin.

There are many 'pastors' out there and churches that are reformed and teach Calvinism.

Again, if you have ever gone to a reformed church, ever, then you have had a Calvinistic teaching. If you have ever read a book, or gone on the Internet and read any articles about the Christian religion, then you might have had a Calvinistic teaching; if you have ever been taught by a family member or friend, then there is a strong chance that you were TAUGHT SOMETHING that is Calvinistic.

John Calvin himself had little influence from other men as to his false beliefs...and so has LUTHER.

Have you had ANY teaching from anyone and any source that are from Luther's influence?

Luther and Calvin both were Catholics and studied Augustine and Aquinas.

That is where some of the false doctrines stem from.

Let's start there then.
I want us to keep the discussion on this, for isn't that why we are here on this site?

God's Truth

God's Truth,

I disagree with your assessment of me, but I agree with your challenge for [MENTION=7292]Nang[/MENTION] to evaluate the doctrine of Reformed Theology.

I, also, have clearly cited my differences in theological understanding from yours. But... still only one Jesus and it is through Him that I am at peace with your statements about me. I count myself your friend, though I am certain you loath the idea.

Many members, One Head.

#Peace
#Though I know you want no peace, concerning me.

You are not right that something is wrong with you.

I do not consider you my friend; I consider you someone though that I want to help.

The name you have chosen to call yourself is very telling and now you are reaping its meaning.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
All those who are Calvinists do not 'read' Calvin.

There are many 'pastors' out there and churches that are reformed and teach Calvinism.

Again, if you have ever gone to a reformed church, ever, then you have had a Calvinistic teaching. If you have ever read a book, or gone on the Internet and read any articles about the Christian religion, then you might have had a Calvinistic teaching; if you have ever been taught by a family member or friend, then there is a strong chance that you were TAUGHT SOMETHING that is Calvinistic.

John Calvin himself had little influence from other men as to his false beliefs...and so has LUTHER.

Have you had ANY teaching from anyone and any source that are from Luther's influence?

Luther and Calvin both were Catholics and studied Augustine and Aquinas.

That is where some of the false doctrines stem from.

Let's start there then.
I want us to keep the discussion on this, for isn't that why we are here on this site?

Sister,

I welcome this thread to you to continue your conversation with [MENTION=7292]Nang[/MENTION].

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

I do not consider you my friend; I consider you someone though that I want to help.

The name you have chosen to call yourself is very telling and now you are reaping its meaning.

If you understood the Gospel without "any" obstruction, you would understand why I chose this name.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Believe what you want.

God's Truth

Translation...

I'm afraid to answer [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]'s posts to me. I am romantically intertwined into Reformed Theology by time and nature of its introduction to me. It would cause friction in my life to challenge reformed theology.

[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION], wanna learn Reformed Theology? You would make a fantastic "proselyte".

... And from me to you @Namg

One more thing Nang...

Her name is [MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION]. Her fellow non-indoctrinated siblings may call her GT, but you dishonor her by not taking the time to type her name out.

She thirsts for God's Truth, not Calvinism.

giphy.gif

Step Back!!! Quit using her distaste for me as a tool to proselytize her. She wouldn't buy what you're selling anyways!

Acts 16:18 One day as we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl with a spirit of clairvoyance, who earned a large income for her masters by fortune-telling. 17 This girl followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation.”18 She continued this for many days. Eventually Paul grew so aggravated that he turned and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” And the spirit left her at that very moment.

You can very well be saying some truths about me and others here, and about the Holy Bible, but your own spirit might not quite be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.