The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

You wouldn't say that unless you believe what I just posted is a false gospel.

You do not believe Jesus when he says "if and "unless" is for all who want to ENTER, and be BLESSED as his FAMILY and FRIEND.

Jesus' words did not die.

His words stand forever to all.

Jesus says NO ONE will ENTER unless they humble themselves.

Jesus says no one will be forgiven by God unless you forgive others.

If you do not obey that how will you be forgiven and enter?

Explain that why don't you?

musterion

unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Mark 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

In not one of those contexts (save the red) were Gentiles or the Body of Christ the point. The point was the foretold earthly Kingdom. So you're wrong there. Again.

In 1 Cor 15, Paul is speaking of physical resurrection, not salvation.

You are wholly unfit and should be banned for the good of the unwise you might deceive.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
RE: the OP

Not bad, but food for thought...

You can checkmate Calvinism in one move.

Titus 1:2

God does not lie.

Calvinism says God chose those He'd saved ("the elect"). The rest were either actively rejected or merely "passed over." Either way, let's call these unchosen people "reprobates."

TULIP works in reverse, explaining everything the reprobates can't do and why they can't do it. Chief among these, reprobates cannot believe, therefore they cannot be saved. God (according to Calvin himself) simply never intended to do so.

Here's the checkmate:

The Bible invariably shows God condemning unbelief as a specifically grievous sin, and invariably presents it as a willful choice.

If unbelief is a choice (per the Bible) but if unbelief is the result of God's reprobation (per all versions of Calvinism), then we have an irreconcilable contradiction between Calvinism and God. So whenever God condemns someone SPECIFICALLY FOR UNBELIEF, we know that God MUST be lying if Calvinism is true because no one CHOSE to be an unbeliever -- by reprobating them, He chose it for them.

Conclusion: since Titus 1:2 assures us God does not lie, that likewise assures us that Calvinism is irreparably false from the ground up. It is fatally flawed, self-refuting AND BLASPHEMOUS FOR CALLING GOD A LIAR.

God's Truth

EvilEye, answer the question, please.

What is the robe?

I know but do you know?

You brought it up.

So tell us what the robe is.

You got Musterion to peek his head at that comment you made about the robe.

He was ready to pounce on you.

Just tell us plainly what the robe is, and don't forget to use scripture, and please not too many words.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So...to make sure we're clear...if all an unsaved but convicted person knows of the Bible is "Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose again the third day for your justification -- believe that and be eternally saved and safe in Christ," WILL he be thereby saved? Or is something yet missing from the saving message?

You believe as do all Roman Catholics including the Pope.

Is the Pope your brother?

LA

God's Truth

In not one of those contexts (save the red) were Gentiles or the Body of Christ the point. The point was the foretold earthly Kingdom. So you're wrong there. Again.

In 1 Cor 15, Paul is speaking of physical resurrection, not salvation.

Jesus is speaking about the body of Christ. He is the Way, and not one can get to the Father unless they go through him, his body, the body of Christ.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One thing you can count on at TOL. When the unadulterated, plain and simple Gospel of grace is preached, the wicked go into distress and Satan sends backup right away. Backup for GT just arrived.

You do not preach the gospel of Christ.

Christs gospel requires the spiritual death of the believer in order to inherit among the saints.

Your gospel requires nothing of death of self or any good works either,

and the refusal of Christs and Pauls own words.

LA

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
She doesn't care, man. She's a thread pest. I'll be happy to get back on topic but she won't. Feel free to report her for disruption.

Your input here is fully welcome. I'm engaging ignore for this thread. Order instantly restored. I'll take her off when she settles.

God's Truth

The OP is made by EvilEye and it is about him slaying Calvinism.

He denies that my saying Calvinism is rooted in speaking against believing and obey Jesus.

Calvinists say they cannot do either until Jesus first saves them.

However, there is no scripture anywhere that says God saves unbelievers.

That is the crux of Calvinism, and you cannot slay anything unless you see that.

God's Truth

Revelation 19:8 Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God's holy people.)

Did you read that? Looks like righteous acts matter. You will be naked without them and not clothed in Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.