The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
How exactly does one get that robe today? Spare no detail, please.

Next stop, the OP.

The most succinct answer is found in John 5:39

They must confess their utter sinfulness and inability to be justified by any fleshly adherence to any religous logic.

They must accept Christ's free gift of HIS work of crucifixion and resurrection.

As a man is in the grave, so they shall be and they will appear as The Son to the Father, by nature of the trade. They the sinful are promised glory to glory, but only when the flesh is escaped through death.

The Holy Spirit is then fully given reign to guide them in growth.

But... it is only in submission to the salvation of Jesus that they walk the earth saved.

musterion

RE: the OP

Not bad, but food for thought...

Before you laugh and think 6 scripture references can't put Calvinism in Check Mate

You can checkmate Calvinism in one move.

Titus 1:2

God does not lie.

Calvinism says God chose those He'd saved ("the elect"). The rest were either actively rejected or merely "passed over." Either way, let's call these unchosen people "reprobates."

TULIP works in reverse, explaining everything the reprobates can't do and why they can't do it. Chief among these, reprobates cannot believe, therefore they cannot be saved. God (according to Calvin himself) simply never intended to do so.

Here's the checkmate:

The Bible invariably shows God condemning unbelief as a specifically grievous sin, and invariably presents it as a willful choice.

If unbelief is a choice (per the Bible) but if unbelief is the result of God's reprobation (per all versions of Calvinism), then we have an irreconcilable contradiction between Calvinism and God. So whenever God condemns someone SPECIFICALLY FOR UNBELIEF, we know that God MUST be lying if Calvinism is true because no one CHOSE to be an unbeliever -- by reprobating them, He chose it for them.

Conclusion: since Titus 1:2 assures us God does not lie, that likewise assures us that Calvinism is irreparably false from the ground up. It is fatally flawed, self-refuting AND BLASPHEMOUS FOR CALLING GOD A LIAR.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=15685]musterion[/MENTION],

Your frankness encourages me.

The horrible danger of doctrines of men is that people have the human tendency to retain their faith in carnal things, while unknowing denying the faith that saves them.

God's Truth

They must confess their utter sinfulness and inability to be justified by any fleshly adherence to any religous logic.

They must accept Christ's free gift of HIS work of crucifixion and resurrection.

As a man is in the grave, so they shall be and they will appear as The Son to the Father, by nature of the trade. They the sinful are promised glory to glory, but only when the flesh is escaped through death.

But... it is only in submission to the salvation of Jesus that they walk the earth saved.

Are you agreeing with Jesus or not?

Jesus says, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and take up residence with him."

How about his scripture:

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Now plainly answer the question.

What is the robe?

Musterion would like to know.

lol

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

God does not lie.

Calvinism says God chose those He'd saved ("the elect"). The rest were either actively rejected or merely "passed over." Either way, let's call these unchosen people "reprobates."

TULIP works in reverse, explaining everything the reprobates can't do and why they can't do it. Chief among these, reprobates cannot believe, therefore they cannot be saved. God (according to Calvin himself) simply never intended to do so.

Here's the checkmate:

The Bible invariably shows God condemning unbelief as a specifically grievous sin, and invariably presents it as a willful choice.

Conclusion: if unbelief is a choice (per the Bible) and if unbelief is the result of God's reprobation (per all versions of Calvinism), then whenever God condemns someone SPECIFICALLY FOR UNBELIEF, we know that He MUST be lying if Calvinism is true.

Since Titus 1:2 assures us God does not lie, that likewise assures us that Calvinism is irreparably false from the ground up. It is fatally flawed, self-refuting AND BLASPHEMOUS FOR CALLING GOD A LIAR.

That's the Spiritual Money...

OP Train is now sounding the whistle and the sounds of the wheels on the track are singing.

Hat off to you sir.

#Well done

God's Truth

That's the Spiritual Money...

OP Train is now sounding the whistle and the sounds of the wheels on the track are singing.

Hat off to you sir.

#Well done

Jesus says believe and obey to get saved.

Calvinists say no we will only believe and obey AFTER you save us.

Madists say we do not have to do what you said to the Jews, we only have to have faith.

musterion

So...to make sure we're clear...if all an unsaved but convicted person knows of the Bible is "Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose again the third day for your justification -- believe that and be eternally saved and safe in Christ," WILL he be thereby saved? Or is something yet missing from the saving message?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Jesus says believe and obey to get saved.

Calvinists say no we will only believe and obey AFTER you save us.

Madists say we do not have to do what you said to the Jews, we only have to have faith.

There are other threads to debate these matters. The train isn't making any stops for a while now.

God's Truth

So...to make sure we're clear...if all an unsaved but convicted person knows of the Bible is "Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose again the third day for your justification -- believe that and be eternally saved and safe in Christ," WILL he be thereby saved? Or is something yet missing from the saving message?

...be careful EvilEye...this is where you can go from possible friendship to foe.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

God does not lie.

Here's the checkmate:

If unbelief is a choice (per the Bible) but if unbelief is the result of God's reprobation (per all versions of Calvinism), then we have an irreconcilable contradiction between Calvinism and God. So whenever God condemns someone SPECIFICALLY FOR UNBELIEF, we know that God MUST be lying if Calvinism is true because no one CHOSE to be an unbeliever -- by reprobating them, He chose it for them.

Conclusion: since Titus 1:2 assures us God does not lie, that likewise assures us that Calvinism is irreparably false from the ground up. It is fatally flawed, self-refuting AND BLASPHEMOUS FOR CALLING GOD A LIAR.

God's Truth

Liar.

You believe "Believe, obey and KEEP obeying by your works in order to get saved. No works = no salvation." That's what YOU believe.

unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Mark 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Anything else is perversion of the Gospel.

The Believe is the "Kill em all".. the "what must be done?"... of the matter.

The rest is in the Spirit's "Hands"... and that is the "let God sort em out"

So... Kill em all and let God sort em out."

God's Truth

Anything else is perversion of the Gospel.

The Believe is the "Kill me all".. the "what must be done?"... of the matter.

The rest is in the Spirit's "Hands"... and that is the "let God sort me out"

So... Kill em all and let God sort em out."

So when Jesus says "if" and "unless' you throw it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.