The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

God's Truth

You have misinterpreted the scripture.

There are no rules or laws for those that are "In Christ".

HAAAAA! None?! No laws for those who are in Christ?!

Jesus came to earth and taught MANY things.

You wipe them all away and think you are right how?

The reason is that, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" and not by rules, laws or religion.
The just shall live by faith means they just believe that Jesus cleans them and they do not have to get circumcised and observe special days and adhere to a dietary law in order to clean themselves!

To be under the law is to be under condemnation. God sees the believer as perfect and complete "In Christ."

It appears that you are not "In Christ" as you are trying to be justified by keeping the law.

There is a new law, JUST AS THE SCRIPTURE says, the scripture you want to ignore and dismiss.

You cannot dismiss not even one scripture. That is what God says.

Eagles Wings

Jesus says YOU won't be forgiven if you do not forgive others.

God did not put it in one's mind and not another's before he or she forgave.

God tells everyone that they have to forgive or God won't forgive you.

How are you saved if you are not forgiven?
Acknowledging your thoughts, GT.

I am secure in understanding what the whole of Scripture teaches about forgiveness.

Take care.

God's Truth

Acknowledging your thoughts, GT.

I am secure in understanding what the whole of Scripture teaches about forgiveness.

Take care.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Anyone can read the words of Jesus and read about forgiving others to be saved; however, not all do what Jesus says even though they believe Jesus.

Jesus does NOT make us obey him. He doesn't even make us believe him.

That is nowhere in the Bible anywhere.

Eaglewings, there are too many false teachings for you just to write me off as easily as that.

God's Truth matters, and it is the only thing that matters.

Eagles Wings

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Anyone can read the words of Jesus and read about forgiving others to be saved; however, not all do what Jesus says even though they believe Jesus.

Jesus does NOT make us obey him. He doesn't even make us believe him.

That is nowhere in the Bible anywhere.
Good manners tell me to let you know that I acknowledge your posts. I'm finished discussing it with you. Thanks, GT.

Eagles Wings

I am just trying to help you.
I know that. You are passionate about what you believe.

To be honest though, when someone comes at me with constant lecturing and demanding I hear them out, I simply ask that they stop. If they don't, my boundary is to ignore and detach.

God's Truth

I know that. You are passionate about what you believe.

That is right.

I can easily prove that what I say is the truth. I prove it with scripture and understanding from God.

Understanding from God is given to those who obey Him.

We are not saved before we know it.

We are not made to believe, therefore saved then believe.

We can obey before being saved.

Anyone can obey what they are told to do.

A person can obey their parents and their teacher; they can obey the law, the police, and their boss.

We can obey to get saved.

You are a Calvinist and I do not think you know your own denomination as well as you should.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

John 8:30 While he was saying these things, many people believed in him. 31Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

No one is saved before they are saved that is senseless and what they say is not from God.
God does not make some believe and obey and not others that teaching is not from God.

Eagles Wings

You are a Calvinist and I do not think you know your own denomination as well as you should.
Yes, I am a Calvinist, and always and forever learning what it means to be Reformed.

From what I've seen on this and other forums, the Protestant Reformation is misunderstood and much maligned. So be it.

I am completely sure of God's Sovereignty and Providence for all His beloved sheep.

beloved57

That is right.

I can easily prove that what I say is the truth. I prove it with scripture and understanding from God.

Understanding from God is given to those who obey Him.

We are not saved before we know it.

We are not made to believe, therefore saved then believe.

We can obey before being saved.

Anyone can obey what they are told to do.

A person can obey their parents and their teacher; they can obey the law, the police, and their boss.

We can obey to get saved.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

John 8:30 While he was saying these things, many people believed in him. 31Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

No one is saved before they are saved that is senseless and what they say is not from God.
God does not make some believe and obey and not others that teaching is not from God.

Christ obeyed God and it made many righteous Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

God's Truth

You are not one of them.

Jesus doesn't know who John Calvin is.

Do you know God even though you say you do not have to obey Him and cannot?

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

beloved57

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

Lol, both of yall believe the same thing, just express it differently, but in the end you both believe and teach Salvation is by the will of man !

Robert Pate

Banned

John also said, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us" 1 John 1:8.

God's Truth

Lol, both of yall believe the same thing, just express it differently, but in the end you both believe and teach Salvation is by the will of man !

We don't say the same thing. You both say the same thing and that is 'No, we will not obey you Jesus.'

God's Truth

John also said, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us" 1 John 1:8.

John is speaking about how to get saved in the first place.

If you do not say you have sinned and then repent of your sins, you will not get saved.

John is explaining that no one has the truth in them, the Holy Spirit in them because they are not saved because they never admitted to being a sinner and repenting.

Now stop avoiding the scripture and question I asked you.

How do you say you know God if you do not obey Him and cannot obey Him?

beloved57

We don't say the same thing. You both say the same thing and that is 'No, we will not obey you Jesus.'

Both of you show disdain for the Obedience of Christ and what it actually accomplished, in order that you can boast about yourselves, and what you all have done to get yourselves right with God !

beloved57

John is speaking about how to get saved in the first place.

If you do not say you have sinned and then repent of your sins, you will not get saved.

John is explaining that no one has the truth in them, the Holy Spirit in them because they are not saved because they never admitted to being a sinner and repenting.

Promoting salvation by works, by what a person does !