The Sabbath is a What?

Choleric

Since the sabbath was ordained on the seventh day by God (Ge 2:3), and our Lord said the sabbath was made for mankind (Mk 2:27), it follows that Adam was given and had knowledge of what was made for him.

So in other words, you don't have one. THanks.

Choleric

How do you sin if you are not under the law?

Sin is transgression of the law (1Jn 3:4). When you claim you sin, you necessarily are claiming that you measure your behavior against the standard of the law (Ro 7:7). It follows that you believe you keep and violate laws.

You have defeated your position. :e4e:

Do you read the bible much? I am told that I am not under the law yet i am told not to sin and that if I sin, I have an advocate with the Father. Apparently that bothers you and you have substituted your theory for the clear words of the bible.

I am not under the law yet I can still sin. Those things are both taught thoroughly in the NT.

Choleric

Your last two posts failed to address my arguments.

You ignored my post that fully addressed your points and then I did address your "argument" again. I also asked you for any verse anywhere in the bible that spoke of Sabbath observance prior to Moses and you could not. Allow me to explain my response to your other post again:

Doormat said:

To which I responded with the bible. You then called that "failing to address your arguments". That says much about why you are in the trouble you are in. You are trying desperately to justify your works as worthy of God's approval. Let me make it more clear for those who are confused by your confusion:

God Almighty said:
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Fact #1- I am not under the law. Says so right there in the bible. If you don't like it, take it up with God.

God Almighty said:
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Fact #2- Those who are Born again and are not under the law (see Fact #1 above) can still sin. This is also in the bible, in many more places than just this one.

Doormat

You ignored my post that fully addressed your points and then I did address your "argument" again.

No I didn't. I was addressing your post point-by-point. You didn't address my arguments on the rebuttal of those points I did address.

I also asked you for any verse anywhere in the bible that spoke of Sabbath observance prior to Moses and you could not.

I responded with a logical argument that you failed to address.

Allow me to explain my response to your other post again:

Doormat said:

To which I responded with the bible. You then called that "failing to address your arguments".

You did fail to address my arguments, still have failed to, and you responded with ideas from scripture taken out of context and interpreted in a way that contradicts many scriptures.

You are trying desperately to justify your works as worthy of God's approval.

Rather, I am not doing what you are claiming and you are bearing false witness.

God Almighty said:
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Fact #1- I am not under the law. Says so right there in the bible. If you don't like it, take it up with God.

If you sin, you are of the devil (1Jn 3:8) and sin has dominion over you (Jn 8:34; Ro 6:16). That you claim you are not under the law is irrelevant to the discussion until you give meaning to the claim. Presently, the meaning you have implied has been proven false, i.e. if you sin you are transgressing a law, proving you are subject (under) a law (the one you are claiming you are breaking).

God Almighty said:
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
Fact #2- Those who are Born again and are not under the law (see Fact #1 above) can still sin. This is also in the bible, in many more places than just this one.

You are terribly mistaken! And you are blatantly contradicting many scriptures. I'll give you two examples from just the epistle you've quoted:

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sins not; but he that is begotten of God keeps himself, and that wicked one touches him not.

John's first epistle was written to address the Gnostic heresy where they claimed they had no sin while transgressing the law. What John wrote against is not too different than what you believe and preach. Your twist is that you do still sin, but seem to think you have a license to sin because you apparently believe you can sin with impunity.

I'm supposed to rebuke you (1Ti 5:20). Why? According to what measure? And what is there to fear? Scary questions, huh?

You're welcome. I hope it helps you.

Choleric

No I didn't. I was addressing your post point-by-point. You didn't address my arguments on the rebuttal of those points I did address.

I responded with a logical argument that you failed to address.

You respond with so called logic because you have no scripture. That is the mark of those that teach false gospels, they have to do it sans Scripture. Not only are you arguing a point with no scriptural support, you are arguing it in spite of dozens of verses and the overwhelming testimony of the gospel.

You did fail to address my arguments, still have failed to, and you responded with ideas from scripture taken out of context and interpreted in a way that contradicts many scriptures.

I have not responses with ideas, I have responded with scripture. That scripture says plainly and without interpretation that I not under the law.

That point apparently gets your goad and you try real hard to tell me it doesn't
Mean what it says.

If you sin, you are of the devil (1Jn 3:8) and sin has dominion over you (Jn 8:34; Ro 6:16). That you claim you are not under the law is irrelevant to the discussion until you give meaning to the claim. Presently, the meaning you have implied has been proven false, i.e. if you sin you are transgressing a law, proving you are subject (under) a law (the one you are claiming you are breaking).

:rotfl: John said if I sin I have an advocate with the Father. You are quite annoyed by that fact aren't you. :rotfl:

You are terribly mistaken! And you are blatantly contradicting many scriptures. I'll give you two examples from just the epistle you've quoted:

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sins not; but he that is begotten of God keeps himself, and that wicked one touches him not.

And yet in the same letter we are told that if we sin we have an advocate. No matter how much "logic" you use to say John was wrong in that point, it stands as a giant truth standing dead in the way of your heresy.

John's first epistle was written to address the Gnostic heresy where they claimed they had no sin while transgressing the law. What John wrote against is not too different than what you believe and preach. Your twist is that you do still sin, but seem to think you have a license to sin because you apparently believe you can sin with impunity.

You again are attempting to make an end run around the bible. We are told clearly, all over the New Testament that Christians sin and yet they are not under the law. I believe I still sin because that is what the bible teaches. If you claim otherwise, you are a liar and the truth is not in you.

I am also told that I have an advocate with the Father. There are dozens of verses that speak of Christians sinning. You apparently think the bible needs some "updating" to match with your imagination.

I'm supposed to rebuke you (1Ti 5:20). Why? According to what measure? And what is there to fear? Scary questions, huh?

:rotfl: you are full of yourself. You need to stop deleting verses from the bible that you don't like. I am free from the law, yet I sin. And when i do, I have an advocate with the father.

You're welcome. I hope it helps you.

Helps a bunch. I hate to watch heretics deny scripture to uphold their heresy. You "oppose yourself" and aren't quite aware. You are deceiving yourself by denying passages that clearly refute your theory. If you would let go of your religion and let the bible form your doctrine, instead of blindly fly holding onto heresy due to pride, you might be able to rest in Christ.

Here's hoping you repent of your dead works and put your faith in Jesus. It is not too late.

keypurr

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

I wonder what Paul meant when he said this.

Choleric

We are called to live holy lives. But we are not under the law since we are told clearly we are not under it with words in plain English.

keypurr

We are called to live holy lives. But we are not under the law since we are told clearly we are not under it with words in plain English.

Should we discard the law if we are not under it? Did Paul?

We should do what we do to please God, not look for favors.
The law is not save anyone, but I believe we should do it out of love for the God who gave the law.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Paulos

The Jerusalem Council established the following 4 regulations for Gentile Christians:

Acts 15:24-29
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law”—to whom we gave no such commandment— 25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth. 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.​

Nothing was said about Gentiles having to observe the Jewish sabbath.

Doormat

The Gentiles already had regulations regarding those things from their own moral and legal codes.

Were those moral and legal codes binding but the ten commandments were not?

Is your position that you are prohibited to murder your brother by man's law, but no longer by God's law?

Paulos

The Gentile converts already had moral and civil codes regarding murder, theft, honoring one's parents, and so on. They didn't need to be told all over again about those things, but they did need to be taught about idolatry, sexual immorality, and eating blood, so that's were the Apostles left it. Aside from those things, the Apostles did not require Gentiles to observe circumcision, sabbath observance, or any other distinctives of the Mosaic law.

Is your position that you are prohibited to murder your brother by man's law, but no longer by God's law?

See Romans 13:1-6.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Jerusalem Council established the following 4 regulations for Gentile Christians:

Acts 15:24-29
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law”—to whom we gave no such commandment— 25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth. 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.​

Nothing was said about Gentiles having to observe the Jewish sabbath.
The sabbath was mentioned, though I am not sure why.

Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood.

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Doormat

Doormat said:

The Gentile converts already had moral and civil codes regarding murder, theft, honoring one's parents, and so on.

Show me the "moral and civil codes" the Genitles allegedly already had against coveting.

Paul said to Gentiles that the covetous would not enter the kingdom. On what law was Paul basing his judgement?

They didn't need to be told all over again about those things, but they did need to be taught about idolatry, sexual immorality, and eating blood, so that's were the Apostles left it.

So are you still under those laws?

Aside from those things, the Apostles did not require Gentiles to observe circumcision, sabbath observance, or any other distinctives of the Mosaic law.

Why did Paul quote the ten commandments then and tell people to keep it? Ephesians 6:2.

Doormat said:
See Romans 13:1-6.

It would be better for you to give direct answers to my questions. Based on your indirect answer I am forced to conclude that you believe God's ten commandments were replaced by man's laws.