ECT The resurrection... specifically, the rapture.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That still isn't what you asked. Here:

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
Genesis 2:7 (KJV)
Yes, it says soul here. But you asked a different question.

Sheila B

If that is the case then satan is not at work in our lives, not in anyone's life on the whole face of the earth. That is how I understand it.

You think the 1000 year reign will be an earthly reign where Jesus is on His throne on earth rather than in heaven?

I no longer think that. He has ascended and is sitting on His throne. Earth and heaven meet on Mt Zion (Hebrews 12:22 etc) which describes the heavenly liturgy while the earthly liturgy takes place in time.

The Priesthood in heaven and the Priesthood on earth are One. As scripture attests: We have a High Priest in the Temple not made with hands, sprinkling the Blood in mediation ceaselessly upon the Mercy Seat. On earth the ministers are raising the "Cup of Blessing which we Bless which is a participation in Christ's Blood" It is the Day of Atonement on High perfectly fulfilled!
At the death of each saint, that soul is purified, and then joins in the heavenly liturgy on Mt Zion with all described in Hebrews 12:22 etc.

There will be a great tribulation which will herald the end of the Age.

All of this activity is included in the 1000 years. Satan is bound or he would have destroyed the earth. After this 1000 yrs- he will be released and then the End will come like a torrent. I do not see that Christians will be removed from this.

Well, I am sure this all sounds odd to you, but this is the way I see the scriptures unfold more or less. I am always seeking to learn more and refine my way of seeing scripture.

PS, Untellectual, I forgot to add- even tho Satan is bound, his minions are very much at work. The Screwtape Letters describe something of my thinking in this matter. Satan has limited powers now, but only to allow the church to grow before the final trial.

fzappa13

You think the 1000 year reign will be an earthly reign where Jesus is on His throne on earth rather than in heaven?

Please review the following passages and tell me what they say to you.

Zec 14:1-11

Mic 4

Jer 23:1-6

Isa 62:1-7

Dan 7:21-28

Isa 2:1-4

Rev 5:8-10

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I no longer think that. He has ascended and is sitting on His throne. Earth and heaven meet on Mt Zion (Hebrews 12:22 etc) which describes the heavenly liturgy while the earthly liturgy takes place in time.

The Priesthood in heaven and the Priesthood on earth are One. As scripture attests: We have a High Priest in the Temple not made with hands, sprinkling the Blood in mediation ceaselessly upon the Mercy Seat. On earth the ministers are raising the "Cup of Blessing which we Bless which is a participation in Christ's Blood" It is the Day of Atonement on High perfectly fulfilled!
At the death of each saint, that soul is purified, and then joins in the heavenly liturgy on Mt Zion with all described in Hebrews 12:22 etc.

There will be a great tribulation which will herald the end of the Age.

All of this activity is included in the 1000 years. Satan is bound or he would have destroyed the earth. After this 1000 yrs- he will be released and then the End will come like a torrent. I do not see that Christians will be removed from this.

Well, I am sure this all sounds odd to you, but this is the way I see the scriptures unfold more or less. I am always seeking to learn more and refine my way of seeing scripture.

PS, Untellectual, I forgot to add- even tho Satan is bound, his minions are very much at work. The Screwtape Letters describe something of my thinking in this matter. Satan has limited powers now, but only to allow the church to grow before the final trial.
I don't know. I can't agree because I am not catholic. But I can't agree also because I can't tell you this is all right from your opinion. I listened to the Screwtape Letters on tape growing up, but they have very little to do with how I live my life. As for a priesthood, we have only Yeshua... and this is not a Levitical priesthood.

Sheila B

As for a priesthood, we have only Yeshua... and this is not a Levitical priesthood.

Right. It is a Priesthood after the order of Melchisedek. He offered bread and wine to God Most High.

I also think the 144,000 men who are not defiled with women of Rev 14, who have a song only they can learn, are the 12 Apostles and their successors down through time. The term Mt Zion also refers to the Temple sanctuary "not made with hands" of Hebrews 12:22 These men are in heaven with Jesus. These all form a Priesthood as they are called "first fruits" in both places also, just as Jesus is.

The other 144,000 in Rev 7 are not said to be only men, and are not from gentile nations. Not sure about these folks yet. What are your thoughts about them?

Sheila B

Please review the following passages and tell me what they say to you.

Zec 14:1-11

Mic 4

Jer 23:1-6

Isa 62:1-7

Dan 7:21-28

Isa 2:1-4

Rev 5:8-10

So far, I have only read the first 3. It seems like time frames are jumping around.
I would be glad to hear your thoughts on each one.

Sheila B

Thank you,

Something I forgot to mention about the 24 elders and the Tabernacle of David....

When David was King he laid out to his son what God had told Him was the future in the same way that God had told Moses to construct the Tabernacle as shown to him at pentecost on Mt Sinai

Here is a link that may serve you but it is only one of many. Only our Father can give you the directions He wants you to have

http://www3.telus.net/public/kstam/en/temple/details/priest_service.htm

On one hand I may(?) know more than most concerning the times and what will be prophesied within the OT Tabernacle, the Temple and the Tabernacle of David, than most Christians do?

But that is only because no one teaches it as God would have us to understand the OT, rather than me being a qualified source of knowledge for the prophecies contained with the OT.

Only God can reveal the OT prophecies to anyone !!!

However, I will say this; a few years ago I met a woman whose knowledge of the things of God stunned me. When I asked how she came to possess knowledge I had never seen in anyone else, her reply was God gave it to her while studying the construction of the OT Tabernacle in the wilderness as first given to Moses

The OT tabernacle is the same place where the only person whom I still regard as a mentor, told me is where he learned what God has to say to those who seek Him with all of their hearts.

Felt led to share this with you,

Blessings to you,

Probably because many Christians do not see the importance of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy and the Traditions of the Temple liturgies God revealed to Moses, Aaron and the 70 elders. I also have found all of this to be of utmost importance in understanding God's plan of salvation and the heavenly activity then, now and perhaps for eternity.

fzappa13

So far, I have only read the first 3. It seems like time frames are jumping around.
I would be glad to hear your thoughts on each one.

There would be no point in discussing what they mean if only one of us has read them, don't you think?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Right. It is a Priesthood after the order of Melchisedek. He offered bread and wine to God Most High.

I also think the 144,000 men who are not defiled with women of Rev 14, who have a song only they can learn, are the 12 Apostles and their successors down through time. The term Mt Zion also refers to the Temple sanctuary "not made with hands" of Hebrews 12:22 These men are in heaven with Jesus. These all form a Priesthood as they are called "first fruits" in both places also, just as Jesus is.

The other 144,000 in Rev 7 are not said to be only men, and are not from gentile nations. Not sure about these folks yet. What are your thoughts about them?
Do you believe the text says they are priests?

Who do you believe offered bread and wine to God Most High? Jesus is the only priest after the order of Melchizedek.

Sheila B

Do you believe the text says they are priests?
Yes. I heard a sermon on the details of those verses and became interested in exploring that viewpoint. That they are all males immediately leads to the priesthood aspect. I cannot imagine any other group of "only males" that would fit, can you?
Who do you believe offered bread and wine to God Most High? Jesus is the only priest after the order of Melchizedek.

I believe Melchisedek was not a lone wolf. Priesthoods are groups of men in Aaronic and Petrine so also Melchisedek.

Jesus is not alone in the sanctuary not made with hands, either.

Sheila B

Another thought I heard about the 144K is about the song only they can learn.

Josephus tells about the rivalry and envy of the hierarchy of sanctuary servers and that the "lower" levels wanted to wear the priestly robes of the "higher" and the songs also were contentious because the "lower" wanted again to learn the songs set apart only for the highest ministers.
Remember, only the High Priest could say the Name YHWH on the Day of Atonement. Only certain prayers (all sung as cantors sing), were sung by certain groups, the priests offering sacrifice.

Josephus says many believe these squabbles were the cause of the destruction of the Temple!! The inevitable grave sins of the priesthood means what it says: only certain people can wear the robes, sing the songs, etc... and St John indicates this will continue in the heavenly places.

This would be the point of how only these 144K and their successors alone could learn the special song.